Acoustic Citsuoca EP

Started by cshum372, Dec 14, 2018, 11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cshum372

I have always loved this EP- one of my favorite recordings from that early era of Jacket ( 1999-2004). I was digging around on the internet and found an article about the release from 2004.

The album cover always said this show was a Halloween party for the band's friend, Gordon in Braintree, MA at the Startime Pavilion.

It turns out that is completely false, and the recording is actually from a few shows in TX, from Oct, 2003.

For anyone who may have missed it 14 years ago- here's an entertaining interview with Jim about the " mythical" show.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040822173725/http://theedge.bostonherald.com/musicNews/view.bg?articleid=29355

Bulldog

Great find, thanks for the share !!!

MMJCOBRA

Awesome read!  I fell pretty dumb  for not knowing Citsuoca was acoustic spelled backwards!!!

Of course, it also took me a few years, and a tipoff from a friend that Magheetah was about jim and his guitar! 

cshum372

Quote from: unravelled on Dec 15, 2018, 09:58 AM
Awesome read!  I fell pretty dumb  for not knowing Citsuoca was acoustic spelled backwards!!!

Of course, it also took me a few years, and a tipoff from a friend that Magheetah was about jim and his guitar!

:grin:  haha, glad you guys enjoyed it-I always believed that this show actually took place in Braintree, MA- turns out Jim just liked the name of the town.

Jackets N Pones

Would you rather have gone to Okonokos or Acoustic Citsuoca
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Bulldog

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Dec 18, 2018, 06:26 PM

Wow, what a great question..for me Okonokos not that theres a wrong answer

sillyboob

Never been to Braintree, so I'd pick AC.  But if I can't go to a fictional city, then definitely The Fillmore for Okonokos. 
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Hoptimus Prime

Awesome question...  I'd say Okonokos because I love the Fillmore and I've been to lots of shows in Texas already.  If there really was a magical night in Braintree, and I had a #1 pencil costume, this would be a very different answer.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

cshum372

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Dec 19, 2018, 11:06 AM
Awesome question...  I'd say Okonokos because I love the Fillmore and I've been to lots of shows in Texas already.  If there really was a magical night in Braintree, and I had a #1 pencil costume, this would be a very different answer.

Yoo.. I now want to go to a Halloween party in Braintree.  :grin:

rincon2

Quote from: sillyboob on Dec 19, 2018, 10:36 AM

Never been to Braintree, so I'd pick AC.  But if I can't go to a fictional city, then definitely The Fillmore for Okonokos. 
Fictional MMJ show, but a real place. 2 US presidents were born there.

sillyboob

Quote from: rincon2 on Dec 22, 2018, 10:49 AM
Quote from: sillyboob on Dec 19, 2018, 10:36 AM

Fictional MMJ show, but a real place. 2 US presidents were born there.

Ahh, gotcha. 
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.