2019 Albums - What's good coming out next year?

Started by APR, Dec 15, 2018, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LovelyFix

Quote from: cshum372 on Jan 19, 2019, 07:12 PM

Deerhunter's new album is really gorgeous, and I also am enjoying the new Guster release. :P

Yeah Deerhunters latest has been blowing my little AKG earbuds into early retirement. Recommended.
I love to travel. If you have somewhere cool, that is where you will find me.

Mr. White

Bob Mould - Sunshine Rock - 2/8/2019

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Signs - 2/15/2019

Gary Clark Jr. - This Land - 2/22/2019

Andrew Bird - "MY FINEST WORK YET" - 3/22/2019

Strand Of Oaks - Eraserland - 3/22/2019

Son Volt - Union - 3/29/2019

Joan Shelley - ?

The Who - ?

TOOL - ?

Pearl Jam - ?

Pixies - ?
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Cameron

Felice Brothers 5/3
New Dr. Dog EP out today.

APR

QuoteI'm excited that Foals are releasing two albums this year. "Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost" Parts 1 & 2. First volume coming in March with the second later this year. Hoping to finally catch them live this year too, I've heard great things!

Also hoping/anticipating/awaiting announcements for new records from Blondie, Lucius, Band of Skulls, Kaiser Chiefs, Hot Chip, Santigold and Ladyhawke who have all been teasing studio time.

The new White Lies album is also shaping up quite well. I'm seeing them Feb 1st in Bristol, can't wait. Solid live act! They're not at all 'highly regarded' in the UK Alt scene but I have a huge soft spot for them!
Do not miss Foals if you have a chance to see them. I have seen them several times, and they flat out rock.   What do you think of the two singles they released?  I think they are great songs and will be really outstanding live.  They changed their sound a little, but it's still totally Foals.  I'm looking forward to seeing them in April.

Lucius

Quote from: APR on Feb 16, 2019, 09:29 AM
QuoteI'm excited that Foals are releasing two albums this year. "Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost" Parts 1 & 2. First volume coming in March with the second later this year. Hoping to finally catch them live this year too, I've heard great things!

Also hoping/anticipating/awaiting announcements for new records from Blondie, Lucius, Band of Skulls, Kaiser Chiefs, Hot Chip, Santigold and Ladyhawke who have all been teasing studio time.

The new White Lies album is also shaping up quite well. I'm seeing them Feb 1st in Bristol, can't wait. Solid live act! They're not at all 'highly regarded' in the UK Alt scene but I have a huge soft spot for them!
Do not miss Foals if you have a chance to see them. I have seen them several times, and they flat out rock.   What do you think of the two singles they released?  I think they are great songs and will be really outstanding live.  They changed their sound a little, but it's still totally Foals.  I'm looking forward to seeing them in April.

Seeing Foals in Bournemouth in June, can't wait! Tried my hardest to get tickets for their Concorde2 show in Brighton but it was impossible due to the website crashing/bots and I gave up trying to get resale tickets after coming across a few wannabe scammers online so Bournemouth it was! My favourite from the new album is Sunday, it blew my mind the first time I heard it!

Current favourite album is Lux Prima by Karen O and Dangermouse. Hands down the most mesmerising body of work I have heard in a long time! Start to finish beauty. I can't remember the last time I played an album start-finish so often. 
it wouldn't be a party without you

parkervb

need to check out that Karen O and Dangermouse collab.

I spent most of the weekend alternating between the new Vampire Weekend "Father of the Bride" and new Josh Ritter "Fever Breaks" and they are both great records. Listening to "Fever Breaks" again this morning.
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

MMJTX

New Sturgill Simpson album just dropped, it's pretty rock and roll, half way through and i love it
Anytime

crooney

New Michael Nau, Less Ready to Go.  With Scott McMicken from Dr. Dog. and Seth Kauffman from Floating Action.  All of Nau's albums are killer, including those from his Cotton Jones days.

Check out the 'Look Into Dance' track from the new one....

https://michaelnau.bandcamp.com/album/less-ready-to-go-4

Come Closer

^ Yeah thought it was pretty solid. Produced by Scott, but seems like Seth's funky vibe crept in too. That one Cotton Jones LP with the colorful cover is great.

Some favs at the 3/4 pole:

Doug Tuttle
Ian Noe
Collider
Possible Humans
Cate Le Bon
Mega Bog
Tropical Fuck Storm
Purple Mountains
Weyes Blood
RF Shannon
J.S. Ondara