Jim James Spring/ Summer Tour?

Started by cshum372, Dec 17, 2018, 12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cshum372

So,

we have Europe dates- leading into some festivals ( Shaky Knees in early May- Bluebird Fest in CO in late May, and then High Sierra in early July.)

Any news on filler dates? Do we think we are going to be getting a full tour, or just sporadic festival dates?? It seems like these dates should be hitting ASAP if there will be a tour..

Thoughts? anyone in the know?

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

dontgetupset

Sad state of music that ZHU is a bigger draw than Jim. Whatever the hell they/it is

PJAMVedder

Quote from: dontgetupset on Jan 08, 2019, 09:28 AM
Sad state of music that ZHU is a bigger draw than Jim. Whatever the hell they/it is

don't let that get you upset

AKS

So happy Jim is at Roo. We bought our tickets during the pre-sale and thought he'd play it but happy it's confirmed.. Now they just need to announce him hosting a SuperJam. Let Griz have the EDM centric  SuperJam.

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 08, 2019, 09:02 AM
looks like 'Roo for Jimmy

https://www.jambase.com/article/bonnaroo-2019-lineup

parkervb

Quote from: PJAMVedder on Jan 08, 2019, 09:32 AM

yea if anything, Post Malone over The National is the headscratcher for me. But I'm probably just telling kids to get off my lawn but getting upset. Also Gucci Mane next to John Prine had me lol'ing
Don't you ever turn it off

dontgetupset

LOL

PJAMVedder

Quote from: dontgetupset on Jan 08, 2019, 11:33 AM

LOL

Thanks for being a good sport.

jttouch2

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 08, 2019, 10:05 AM

yea if anything, Post Malone over The National is the headscratcher for me. But I'm probably just telling kids to get off my lawn but getting upset. Also Gucci Mane next to John Prine had me lol'ing

Post Malone is HUGE but it does feel weird seeing The National that low. also weird seeing The Lumineers so high, pretty sure they didn't even sell out ascend amp. in nash when they were touring their most recent album and haven't done anything of note (besides lose a member) since then.

cshum372

So far just the festival circuit for Jim this summer- surprised to not see any headlining dates with his band released yet- makes me wonder if it's going to happen.. you'd think this album would get at least one proper full band tour.

trav

Maybe I'm alone, but I'm totally confused at this point. When mmj came out with the last album, all I heard was how it was enough for two albums. They couldn't decide if it was going to be a double album or if they were going to release the next one soon after. Then after more than a year, Jim releases more solo stuff and the other album is nowhere to be seen or heard of. I love anything mmj and they've made tons of amazing music, so if they never come out with another song I'd still be eternally grateful. But does anyone know what the plans are for mmj going forward? Is Jim going to branch of and take up solo work full time? I want him to do whatever makes him happy, but I wouldn't complain if I got more music from mmj.

MOWJO8185

Quote from: cshum372 on Jan 08, 2019, 09:23 PM

So far just the festival circuit for Jim this summer- surprised to not see any headlining dates with his band released yet- makes me wonder if it's going to happen.. you'd think this album would get at least one proper full band tour.

It's not uncommon at all for festival dates to come out before the rest of the tour dates. I'm assuming it is still happening.

CountSA

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Jan 09, 2019, 09:45 AM

It's not uncommon at all for festival dates to come out before the rest of the tour dates. I'm assuming it is still happening.

Yep in a lot of cases, contractually festival dates have to be announced before regular tour dates.

RobRoy286

Quote from: trav on Jan 09, 2019, 12:59 AM
Maybe I'm alone, but I'm totally confused at this point. When mmj came out with the last album, all I heard was how it was enough for two albums. They couldn't decide if it was going to be a double album or if they were going to release the next one soon after. Then after more than a year, Jim releases more solo stuff and the other album is nowhere to be seen or heard of. I love anything mmj and they've made tons of amazing music, so if they never come out with another song I'd still be eternally grateful. But does anyone know what the plans are for mmj going forward? Is Jim going to branch of and take up solo work full time? I want him to do whatever makes him happy, but I wouldn't complain if I got more music from mmj.
The million dollar question.

:(

I remained positive through the whole "RIP MMJ" Facebook meltdown, but that's because I thought 2019 would bring a full tour and new album. Now I'm just confused.

ditty

Keep the hope alive!  Maybe they will be added to this https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/woodstock-50th-anniversary-michael-lang-775588/ and be one of the newer bands doing a tribute...The Band???
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: ditty on Jan 09, 2019, 11:21 AM
Keep the hope alive!  Maybe they will be added to this https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/woodstock-50th-anniversary-michael-lang-775588/ and be one of the newer bands doing a tribute...The Band???

I mean... they are in NY that week...coincidence? 🤔

ditty

I went to Woodstock 94 & 99 and vowed to never consider it again.  But the tribute options are really enticing.  I could see the Tedeschi Trucks Band revisiting the Joe Cocker tribute they did at Lockn'
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

APR

Quote from: CountSA on Jan 09, 2019, 10:32 AM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Jan 09, 2019, 09:45 AM

Yep in a lot of cases, contractually festival dates have to be announced before regular tour dates.

Very true.  They allowed Phish to announce their summer tour so soon after the 'Roo announcement.  Hopefully we'll hear about Jim soon. 

jttouch2

I know he probably won't but I wish Jim would bring a keyboardist out on tour and play some of his synth-ier stuff from the first two albums in a proper way.The keyboardless live arrangements of State of the Art/Here in Spirit/A New Life (not really synthy to begin with but def not a fan of the new thing) leave a lot to be desired IMO, and there are some KILLER live jams from the first two albums that were shelved for his 2018 full band excursions (Hide in Plain Sight and Of the Mother Again come to mind specifically) that I wish would be brought back out. I'll be happy with whatever he does though, and can't wait for that bonnaroo set!