Aug 20, 2019, 05:24 am

Stooges Iggy

Started by Leather elbows, Jan 01, 2019, 06:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Leather elbows

Raw power fun house

parkervb

shit yes. This is the shit that blows my mind that it was made in the 60s. Late 60s yes, but NOTHING like anything that had been around. Fun House is probably my favorite.
Don't you ever turn it off

Leather elbows

Thanks for the feedback brother

Johnny Marr from the Smiths legacy named raw power as the greatest rock album of all time in a recent interview

Both funhouse and raw power are a coin toss for me. Not all the way through solid albums like say REM's life's rich pageant or the jacket's it still moves but the first half of funhouse is simply ARRESTING

TV EYE *drool*

parkervb

Quote from: Leather elbows on Jan 04, 2019, 04:08 am

Johnny Marr from the Smiths legacy named raw power as the greatest rock album of all time in a recent interview

Both funhouse and raw power are a coin toss for me. Not all the way through solid albums like say REM's life's rich pageant or the jacket's it still moves but the first half of funhouse is simply ARRESTING

TV EYE *drool*

it's funny you mention REM's Life's Rich Pageant as I've recently been listening to some of the earlier REM stuff. I'm 38 so I missed those earlier albums and I really liked LRP, especially Cuyahoga.
Don't you ever turn it off

Leather elbows

OMG you're 12 yrs younger than me! Please leave me alone ;)

Mr. White

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 04, 2019, 10:32 am
Quote from: Leather elbows on Jan 04, 2019, 04:08 am

TV EYE *drool*

it's funny you mention REM's Life's Rich Pageant as I've recently been listening to some of the earlier REM stuff. I'm 38 so I missed those earlier albums and I really liked LRP, especially Cuyahoga.

I'm 52 and discovered R.E.M. right as Green was coming out in the late 1980s and quickly fell in love with all their prior albums. I still like the earlier albums better than anything post Green. (Got to see them live in San Diego on that tour in 1989.)

Edit: Life's Rich Pageant and Murmur are tied for my favorite.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member & The Young Turks (Activist Level) Member