May 25, 2019, 04:50 am

News:

If you're having login problems please make sure you're using forum.mymorningjacket.net and not mymorningjacket.net

Where is everyone staying for NYC?

Started by Harry_Hood, Mar 06, 2019, 08:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Hood

We are in the process of booking our hotel room and we want to stay in the same hotel with other people going to  the possible last MMJ show and to rage with you all.

sillyboob

We're staying in a VRBO near Stuyvesant Heights.
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

millerjustin

QuoteWe are in the process of booking our hotel room and we want to stay in the same hotel with other people going to  the possible last MMJ show and to rage with you all.
the last one of 2019 you mean?

bunch of people staying in Brooklyn near the Brooklyn bowl
What's in here won't disappear

Harry_Hood

We ended up getting an apartment on Airbnb for $128 a night and 10 minute walk to venue

piton87

William Vale near Brooklyn Bowl

Also anyone gotten their tickets yet?
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

StillWishing

Evening all,

I just finalized my plans for the show. I will be staying at the LIC Hotel. Flying in on Friday night, and plan to hit up John Brown Smokehouse that evening.

Would love to meet up with others who are in town to see our pals!!!!

parkervb

lots of people staying Brooklyn, is that b/c there are more options than Queens or b/c there are better bars/restaurants in Brooklyn?
Don't you ever turn it off

Cameron

Wife and I have never done NY, which is crazy because we've both traveled a lot. Currently have a room in Manhattan because we thought that would be best to see as much as possible. If we're wrong please let me know.

walterfredo

Quote from: parkervb on May 22, 2019, 12:05 pmlots of people staying Brooklyn, is that b/c there are more options than Queens or b/c there are better bars/restaurants in Brooklyn?

No offense to anyone that lives there but Queens is a bit of a dump. Brooklyn is by far a better option for staying. Even Brooklyn has many different 'hoods but the bar, restaurant hangout options are great.

Murph

Quote from: walterfredo on May 22, 2019, 06:21 pm
Quote from: parkervb on May 22, 2019, 12:05 pmlots of people staying Brooklyn, is that b/c there are more options than Queens or b/c there are better bars/restaurants in Brooklyn?

No offense to anyone that lives there but Queens is a bit of a dump. Brooklyn is by far a better option for staying. Even Brooklyn has many different 'hoods but the bar, restaurant hangout options are great.

Bit of a generalization.  Queens is the most diverse urban area in the world.. Astoria is especially cool.  Endless amounts of ethnic food place gems to be found. That being said, if I was traveling I would pick to stay somewhere in Brooklyn also lol

parkervb

Quote from: Murph on May 23, 2019, 08:22 am
Quote from: walterfredo on May 22, 2019, 06:21 pm

Bit of a generalization.  Queens is the most diverse urban area in the world.. Astoria is especially cool.  Endless amounts of ethnic food place gems to be found. That being said, if I was traveling I would pick to stay somewhere in Brooklyn also lol

good input, we haven't booked a place yet but probably should soon!

StillWishing

My $.02......a friend who lives in Brooklyn suggested Long Island City based on proximity to LaGuardia (where I'm flying into) and a subway line that goes directly to Forest Hills without any transfers. I ultimately decided on my hotel because it's close to a bbq joint.

sillyboob

My wife & I are staying in Bedford Stuyvesant area of Brooklyn and would happily pay for parking for anyone driving to Forest Hills from that area.  If you're interested, let me know!  Thanks.
2012: 8/3  2015: 1/31  2/1  2/3  8/14  2017: 2/4  2/5  2/7  7/7  2018: 3/2  3/3  3/5

parkervb

Quote from: StillWishing on May 23, 2019, 01:36 pmMy $.02......a friend who lives in Brooklyn suggested Long Island City based on proximity to LaGuardia (where I'm flying into) and a subway line that goes directly to Forest Hills without any transfers. I ultimately decided on my hotel because it's close to a bbq joint.