Photography and Video

Started by baustin, Apr 28, 2010, 03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baustin

Is MMJ ok with photography and/or video?

Thanks!
-ba

SaraBananaBear

QuoteIs MMJ ok with photography and/or video?

Thanks!
-ba

From what I've gathered they're ok with it, from archive.org:

On July 27, 2004, My Morning Jacket gave their OK for achive.org inclusion:

Band member Jim C said: "hi tyler, thanks for writing and asking, that is very nice of you. yes im totally down with the free sharing of live music as long people are not being taken advantage of, and this thing looks pretty good to me. so yeah im
cool with it. thanks again and take care."

Manager Mike Martinovich furthur added: "Hey Tyler,
Thanks for reaching out to us. Sure, we're always cool with fans/friends sharing shows with eachother. So long as the person sharing is not 'bootlegging' and trying to turn a profit.
Again, thanks for your interest and spreading the music...it's all good by us.
Take care,
Mike
My Morning Jacket's Manager"

I'm sure other forum members have more knowledge on the general policy than I do and can probably add some more info

:)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Love Dogg

Yeah, and as stated in another thread, your biggest issue will be dealing with a venue who doesn't recognize the band's stance on these policies.  It wouldn't hurt to print up those quotes and keep them with your equipment.  I mean...it might not help, but it couldn't hurt.
"Sometimes it runs its course in a day, babe.  Sometimes it goes from night after night."

CC

Those notes are about audio taping, not video/photography.

If you want to bring in pro or semi-pro photo/video gear you will always need accreditation.

baustin

QuoteThose notes are about audio taping, not video/photography.

If you want to bring in pro or semi-pro photo/video gear you will always need accreditation.

ran HD video + audio for the entire show last night (charleston, sc). wide open, on a tripod.

Ruckus

ran HD video + audio for the entire show last night (charleston, sc). wide open, on a tripod.

:D :D :D  I am looking forward to this.  Please keep us posted Baustin :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

CC

Cellphones and compacts also run HD video nowadays and don't think anybody's gonna worry about that, but if you're bringing in pro video equipment there's a chance it won't be allowed in if you haven't asked first.