Started by RobRoy286, Jun 19, 2019, 09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie shoot bandit

Oxen (how could I know)
Friends Again
By My Car

Also agree... I would love to hear something NEW

APR

Rollin Back.  After all these years and many shows, I have yet to see this song, which is one of my favorites.  This is a realistic possibility for Red Rocks.

Come Closer and How Do You Know.....possible for The Cap?  Or is that not old enough?  I don't know if those are considered TTF era.  Weeks Go By Like Days is old enough, and that is on my wishlist too.

4th of July and Wished Out.

MMJCOBRA

rkwedge

Quote from: unravelled on Jun 20, 2019, 12:14 PMSooner is my wish.
Sooner is on my list too. I was really hoping after closing with that epic Cobra night 2 of OBH4 that they would start off with Sooner on night 4. I'd love to hear a MMJ version of 4th of July too.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJTX

how do we think the red rocks shows will go? Do we think they'll do what they're doing at Port Chester night 1 at RR? Play TTF start to finish and mix in some songs from "that era" or do you think it will be a standard mix of songs but heavy TTF in random order?
Anytime

Hoptimus Prime

1. I'll jump on the bandwagon of The Way It Will Be - they'd crush it
2. Rockin' Picture of You (thinking OBH3)
3. Rollin' Back (thinking 2012 RR opener)
4. Neil Young cover - Don't Be Denied (electric, not acoustic like Panic usually does)
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

RobRoy286

Quote from: MMJTX on Jun 20, 2019, 01:30 PMhow do we think the red rocks shows will go? Do we think they'll do what they're doing at Port Chester night 1 at RR? Play TTF start to finish and mix in some songs from "that era" or do you think it will be a standard mix of songs but heavy TTF in random order?
I'm guessing the latter. Hopefully they go real heavy on TTF but I doubt they'll play the album in order. After the NYE run I realized that you never really know what to expect.

What I do know is that you never miss Night 1.

parkervb

yea, definitely a few more TN Fire songs at the RR shows I'm sure and probably some "bust outs" as they work through some of the ones they don't play that often. Picture of You from RR16 is one of my favorite live jams they've played.
Don't you ever turn it off

RobRoy286

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 20, 2019, 04:29 PMyea, definitely a few more TN Fire songs at the RR shows I'm sure and probably some "bust outs" as they work through some of the ones they don't play that often. Picture of You from RR16 is one of my favorite live jams they've played.
Yes that Picture of You is an all-timer.

davymac

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jun 20, 2019, 04:42 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 20, 2019, 04:29 PMyea, definitely a few more TN Fire songs at the RR shows I'm sure and probably some "bust outs" as they work through some of the ones they don't play that often. Picture of You from RR16 is one of my favorite live jams they've played.

I'll second that! Picture of you RR16 was incredible

robb

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jun 19, 2019, 09:08 AM- It Makes No Difference. I'll have Robb back me up on this one.

sign me the fuck up! i love that their best cover just so happens to be the greatest song of all time.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

PJAMVedder

Quote from: davymac on Jun 21, 2019, 06:37 AM

Probably my favorite concert moment from any band all time. Never heard that version and hearing it for the first time without knowing what was coming is something I'll probably never recover come. I watch the Pat Myers video all the time

robb

Quote from: Hoptimus Prime on Jun 20, 2019, 03:40 PM1. I'll jump on the bandwagon of The Way It Will Be - they'd crush it
2. Rockin' Picture of You (thinking OBH3)
3. Rollin' Back (thinking 2012 RR opener)
4. Neil Young cover - Don't Be Denied (electric, not acoustic like Panic usually does)

if they're gonna do neil, it's gotta be cortez.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

APR

Quote from: PJAMVedder on Jun 21, 2019, 09:05 AM

Probably my favorite concert moment from any band all time. Never heard that version and hearing it for the first time without knowing what was coming is something I'll probably never recover come. I watch the Pat Myers video all the time

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has this highlight rated as one of the best live moments ever from any band.  I remember when they finished that song being thoroughly WOWED.  I go back to this clip often too (and the OBH versions are stellar too).   Thankfully, we're guaranteed to hear it at Port Chester!

davymac

Quote from: APR on Jun 21, 2019, 12:41 PM
Quote from: PJAMVedder on Jun 21, 2019, 09:05 AM

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has this highlight rated as one of the best live moments ever from any band.  I remember when they finished that song being thoroughly WOWED.  I go back to this clip often too (and the OBH versions are stellar too).   Thankfully, we're guaranteed to hear it at Port Chester!

Toward the end of that Picture of You I wasn't sure what I was listening to anymore...totally lost!

Lonndown27

the second best is the one from the New Year's Run 2017/18, that was just epic too. RR2016 is the best one, but the second has to be that one from NYE. It felt like that run had some of the most scorching sorcery on guitars in the band's live recorded history that I've heard, and I like to think I've heard most of their shows (you can never hear enough Jacket)
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

for my taste, if i'm there, but even if i'm not:

1. Weeks Go By Like Days / Sooner   
(equal importance, thinking the Acoustic Chorale version type performance hopefully, that is definitive)
2. They Ran (thinking a mix of RR2012 and the 2015 guitar workout combined)
3. How Could I Know
(thinking a really electric leaning version of this, a towering guitar in Drop D on the clean channel with tons of reverb and delay would be better than an acoustic opening this one imho, but it doesn't matter anyway, this song is ALL about Carl's pedal steel landscapes)
4. How Do You Know
(that Okonokos version is definitive Crazy Horsian liverust)
5. Come Closer
(the 2012 version from Columbus is still something that gives me CHIIIIILLLLS)
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

SplatSplatSplat

0. No Covers, no side projects, all MMJ all night.
 1. Oxen
 2. By My Car
 3. Rolling Back
 4. Hell
 5. Where to Begin
 6. Chills
 7. Sooner
 8. Evelyn
 9. O
10. Strangulation

You need it.  That's for sure.

RobRoy286

Cover ideas:

Helpless
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Trouble Sleep (with Warpaint)
Fade Into You (with Amo Amo)
The Weight
Why Can't We Be Friends?
We Are the Champions
Long As I Can See the Light

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 12, 2019, 01:05 PMCover ideas:

Helpless
Bridge Over Troubled Water
Trouble Sleep (with Warpaint)
Fade Into You (with Amo Amo)
The Weight
Why Can't We Be Friends?
We Are the Champions
Long As I Can See the Light

Love the idea of Long as I Can See the Light.  They could do any number of CCR songs. Bad Moon Rising or Travelling Band would rip.