Recordings from the Koka Booth?

Started by bradhenn, May 02, 2010, 06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bradley t

Did anyone tape friday's show at the koka booth in cary?
I can't find any recordings of it, if someone could help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

layin low

Ditto. What a show, and setlist. Hoping something pops up on archive or somewhere ...

blankpage37

I was there too, I thought it was great too, and I think we've been spoiled with the ridiculously awesome turnaround on the recordings so far this tour, so no recording yet may feel like a bummer, but it shouldn't.  I saw what looked to be at least two tapers near the soundboard area, so hopefully one or more recordings will come out eventually.  I once waited almost a year for a recording of a Smashing Pumpkins show I saw to be released, so don't assume that if it ain't fast, it ain't gonna happen.  Just keep your eyes open.

bradley t

I can live with that. I wasn't trying to sound demanding, I was just curious when I saw the audio from Saturday's show in Columbia was already up. But I'll sleep sound tonight knowing that the recordings should turn up eventually.
Thanks for the help.

blankpage37

Likewise, I meant no offense.  Just offering some hope.  I would think that eventually this recording will come out, since the MMJ taping community seems to be relatively light on hoarders.  Other bands' fans are not as lucky as those of MMJ.

layin low

Bump ... just keeping my fingers crossed. Really would like to relive this show, just the fact that someone did tape it and is working on it would be news to my ears.

Apologize for the bump, in MMJ withdrawal :(

Jellyfish

I wouldn't hold my breath.I am skeptical if a decent sounding recording was even pulled.The sound was so low and one of the guys that I saw recording was in the  pit and everyone around him was yapping all night.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

DiscoStu65

a buddy of mine tried to tape the koka booth show to no avail.  ended up turning his rig off mid show b/c the sound just wasn't loud enough.  

he was set up on the lawn right near the soundboard.  i saw some mikes down in the pit.  i'd be interested to see if those turned out any better.

really hoping a copy of this one surfaces one of these days.  
My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

So that makes, what, 6 audio and 1 video out of 9 shows.  Not bad.

Anyone working on audio tracks from Charleston DVD?  Any word on MPP tape?  PHJB midnite show?  JazzFest?  Bueller?  Bueller?

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Erik26

QuoteKoka Booth has arrived!  Thanks Dan Schram!

http://www.archive.org/details/mmj2010-04-30

I noticed that yesterday. I must have went to it right as he was uploading it because it didn't have track titles or anything....listening now.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Erik26

The recording isn't to bad. But the douche bags during quiet songs/parts are f'n unbearable. It's Dondonte, why are you talking about what "me and Steve-o did last night"???....I feel better now, having got that off my chest.
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

DiscoStu65

awesome!  

can't wait to give this one a listen

thanks
My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts.

air jordan

The recording isn't to bad. But the douche bags during quiet songs/parts are f'n unbearable. It's Dondonte, why are you talking about what "me and Steve-o did last night"???....I feel better now, having got that off my chest.

- COULDN'T AGREE ANYMORE!!!! i was standing/dancing beside the soundboard and could hear peoples conversations. wtf!?? we (6 ofu us) had reserved a table with a waitress and thought it would be cool but it was behind the lawn. the lawn felt like a wine and cheese crowd. lawn chair-chillin 'not ROCKIN' the fuck out to some JACKET!!!!!!

air jordan

oh yeah... THANKS FOR TAPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D