Aug 22, 2019, 05:52 am

Summer 2019 Tapes

Started by jttouch2, Aug 03, 2019, 11:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

A couple of tapes from last night have surfaced on archive.

https://archive.org/details/mmj2019-08-02.cm33

https://archive.org/details/mmj2019-08-02 (not full, starts at easy mornin)

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

jttouch2

https://archive.org/details/mmj2019-08-03

some sections (lots of beginnings of songs) seemed to be trimmed out? little confused


LBSUNFLWR


Lonndown27

goddamn absolutely love the new style on the slide Carl adds to Steam Engine...this song is eternal. it awakens the beasts of our favorite forgotten nightmares and explodes them into mirrors into our soul, each a broken remnant of something unspeakable
MMJ: 8/2/2012+10/07/2015+12/29/2017+12/30/2017+12/31/2017 (JIM): 11/5/2018

JDUB

For anyone who's listened to more than one recording from Archive.org, who has the best quality recording of the weekend? Opsopcopolis' recording has amazing quality.

CountSA

Quote from: JDUB on Aug 06, 2019, 02:05 pmFor anyone who's listened to more than one recording from Archive.org, who has the best quality recording of the weekend? Opsopcopolis' recording has amazing quality.

I've only listened to the Alex Leary recordings, and they are very good quality.

MMJTX

Quote from: JDUB on Aug 06, 2019, 02:05 pmFor anyone who's listened to more than one recording from Archive.org, who has the best quality recording of the weekend? Opsopcopolis' recording has amazing quality.

I'm currently listening to Opsopcopolis night 2 recording, great recording!

I also listened to Alex Leary's night 1, which was also great quality
Anytime

MOWJO8185

They both seem pretty good quality to me. I've been rocking Opsocopolis solely because he broke up tracks in night 1 as opposed to leaving The Waterfall > I'm Amazed and the other combo as a single track.

randyrad

Quote from: opsopcopolis on Aug 04, 2019, 12:46 pmHere's my tape of last night:
https://archive.org/details/mmj2019-08-03.CM33

Hey @opsopcopolis - wondering where you were located for this tape? Were you with the group of 4 or so other tapers in row 16 at the soundboard night 1?


LOWDOWNESY

Anyone gotten wind of a Forest Hills boot? I have a lot of bike riding to do today, and would like a soundtrack!!!!

MMJTX

Sounds like tapers were not allowed :embarrassed:
Anytime

sillyboob

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 12, 2019, 01:57 pmSounds like tapers were not allowed :embarrassed:

As in Port Chester, I did see a couple of outlying microphones setup to pick up audience sounds, possibly for a live recording of some sort. 
2012: 8/3   2015: 1/31 2/1 2/3 8/14   2017: 2/4 2/5 2/7 7/7   2018: 3/2 3/3 3/5   2019: 8/9  8/10

chk

I didn't tape on saturday, forest hills makes it a PITA.  There should be 1-2 stealth audio/video jobs that  surface soon since a couple of those guys were at the show saturday.

The onstage mics are for picking up the crowd for live mixes, etc for the band's use, they have them at all the shows. Doesn't necessarily indicate a future live release but anything can happen and the band records multi-tracks of all shows i'm sure...

-chk

CountSA

Does anyone know what Jim sings at the very end of Rocket Man?  The band was cracking up after he sang the lyrics but I can't make out what the words are.

sillyboob

Quote from: CountSA on Aug 13, 2019, 12:28 pmDoes anyone know what Jim sings at the very end of Rocket Man?  The band was cracking up after he sang the lyrics but I can't make out what the words are.

"We both lie outside of the still in the dead of the night, oh yeahhhh" is what it sounds like to me.
2012: 8/3   2015: 1/31 2/1 2/3 8/14   2017: 2/4 2/5 2/7 7/7   2018: 3/2 3/3 3/5   2019: 8/9  8/10

crooney

It's a line from 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn' by Poison.  He sang it also at the end of Rocket Man at the PC show back in 2012.

robb

Quote from: chk on Aug 12, 2019, 03:09 pmI didn't tape on saturday, forest hills makes it a PITA.  There should be 1-2 stealth audio/video jobs that  surface soon since a couple of those guys were at the show saturday.

The onstage mics are for picking up the crowd for live mixes, etc for the band's use, they have them at all the shows. Doesn't necessarily indicate a future live release but anything can happen and the band records multi-tracks of all shows i'm sure...

-chk

many thanks for the tape of the cap show!!! it sounds incredible.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.