Red Rocks Setlist Updates August 3, 2019

Started by dcfire, Aug 03, 2019, 05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

That Black Metal jam, holy shit. Steam/Get Back/Imagine/Lean on Me...Phone/Hey Jude...wow.

They're back.

wbhendrix

holy smokes. Last night's show was off the charts! Maybe one of their best ever?

Any chance we think this could become a live record to be released in the future?

Jackets N Pones

Quote from: dcfire on Aug 04, 2019, 12:15 AMJim explained the stuffed animal and the bed and the wall

What did he say?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

rkwedge

Quote from: Jackets N Pones on Aug 04, 2019, 10:21 PM
Quote from: dcfire on Aug 04, 2019, 12:15 AMJim explained the stuffed animal and the bed and the wall

What did he say?
Just said he had a little stuffed animal when he was a kid and it always fell between the bed and the wall.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

hey Big D had some changes to its arrangement or something...I REALLY like this version.
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

Looks like Dancefloors was cut from the encore set, photo of setlist shows it between touch2 and OBH.

midwesterner

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 05, 2019, 05:49 PMLooks like Dancefloors was cut from the encore set, photo of setlist shows it between touch2 and OBH.

Honestly I am kind of glad. I think the other songs fit together better with out it.

walterfredo

Quote from: midwesterner on Aug 05, 2019, 05:57 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 05, 2019, 05:49 PMLooks like Dancefloors was cut from the encore set, photo of setlist shows it between touch2 and OBH.

Honestly I am kind of glad. I think the other songs fit together better with out it.

Dancefloors is one of my favs, so agree to disagree!

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 05, 2019, 06:05 PM

In my opinion no show should go with out Dancefloors. It makes every show that much better

MMJTX

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Aug 05, 2019, 08:10 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 05, 2019, 06:05 PM

In my opinion no show should go with out Dancefloors. It makes every show that much better

Couldn't agree more, was waiting and waiting for Dancefloors, i could've done without Big Decisions or Magic Bullet to get Dancefloors
Anytime

bhyman

Dancefloors should have been played... damn, always awesome.

Moment of the weekend for me was Jim's scream-howl at the end of Highly Suspicious. Last few times I've heard that song Jim pulled back a bit, but not Saturday. Still gives me goosebumps.

DayDrinkin

Just remembered how I enjoyed that Jim went back to "shakin' and record playing'" vs "destruction and record playin/breaking'" on OBH after hearing "destruction..." every time for the past few years.

MMJCOBRA

Reposting here cause well... read, listen, and you're welcome!!!

Best steam engine of all time? The 8/3 27 minute excersion, which featured jamming of "Get Back", John Lennon's "Imagine", and "Lean On Me" mixed to the music of Steam Engine just might be the king of the hill.

And who can forget Jim's killer Hey Jude chorus in Phone Went West as Bo attacks his keyboards!!

And what about Big Decisions?  Who knew that injecting equal parts country and soul into a complete overhaul, would make Big D a standout in a night full of highlights?

My Morning Jacket Live at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on 2019-08-03
https://taperssection.net/SharedShows/Share/c8e400fe-96cc-40bc-b4da-96dce4638512