Main Menu

Billy Strings

Started by pjthom30, Aug 07, 2019, 07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjthom30

Anyone had a chance to check out Billy Strings yet?  He has a new album coming out this fall. His live show is worth checking out if you get a chance.

ChiefOKONO

I love his last album Turmoil and Tinfoil and am happy to hear that he has a new one coming out.  That song Meet me at the Creek is incredible!!

I'm looking forward to seeing his live show for sure on this tour!

LBSUNFLWR

I was in Nashville last weekend to see Widespread Panic at The Ryman. Billy Strings sat in for several songs that night. Apparently it was a dream of his to play with them. What a fun night to be a witness. They had so much fun together.

pjthom30

Oh Nice!! I caught some of the videos and listened to the show on Nugs.

Come Closer

New album is a little on the long side for my liking, but really choice stuff.

pjthom30

They do take on some of the Jamband format on a few songs. But I'm loving it.

robb

just now finally giving this guy a chance. i'm loving the new album and got tix for both of his shows in detroit at the end of the year!
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

pjthom30

Enjoy, I almost did the 2 Detroit shows. But got tickets for Grand Rapids New Yrs eve instead. I live in Kazoo.

ChiefOKONO

HOLY POOP!  What an amazing show, I was totally blown away!

He covered Beatles and The Dead during his jams and I believe he even covered a Greensky Bluegrass song!
He's my current favorite at the moment and I will be excited to see his next tour.  This one was sold out so it looks like he will be going to bigger venues!

parkervb

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Oct 09, 2019, 12:11 PMHOLY POOP!  What an amazing show, I was totally blown away!

He covered Beatles and The Dead during his jams and I believe he even covered a Greensky Bluegrass song!
He's my current favorite at the moment and I will be excited to see his next tour.  This one was sold out so it looks like he will be going to bigger venues!

i am seeing him Wednesday here in VA, looking fwd to it
Don't you ever turn it off

pjthom30

Quote from: parkervb on Nov 04, 2019, 10:36 AM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Oct 09, 2019, 12:11 PMHOLY POOP!  What an amazing show, I was totally blown away!

How did the show go for you parkervb?

parkervb

Quote from: pjthom30 on Nov 07, 2019, 11:42 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Nov 04, 2019, 10:36 AM

How did the show go for you parkervb?

It was badass. The band is damn good. They played what seemed to be quite a few Bluegrass songs about Virginia like this one:

they also did a lil Tweezer Reprise in a jam section in the first set and covered Bird Song in the 2nd. I think he may have a lil Pearl Jam "Why Go" in a jam section but not 100%. Great Dust in a Baggie jam. Would see again 100%

pjthom30

Looks like a solid setlist. Couple Beatles songs also and a My Sharona tease. Been checking Nugs for the show but hasn't been posted yet.

parkervb

Quote from: pjthom30 on Nov 07, 2019, 01:05 PMLooks like a solid setlist. Couple Beatles songs also and a My Sharona tease. Been checking Nugs for the show but hasn't been posted yet.

yea! that too! where'd you see a full setlist?

pjthom30

Found on the Billy strings fans FB page

Set 1
East Virginia Blues
Rundown
Shenandoah Breakdown
Shenandoah Waltz (1)
Dust in a Baggie >
Taking Water >
Thirst Mutilator (2) >
Running
Rocky Raccoon
Away from the Mire
Little Maggie

Set 2
Blue Ridge Cabin Home (1)
Home
Everything's the Same
Blue Virginia Blues (1)
Ole Slewfoot
Likes of Me >
Pyramid Country (3)(4) >
Letter to Seymour
Think of What You've Done
And Your Bird Can Sing >
Meet Me at the Creek >
Birdsong >
Creek

Encore: Freedom

(1) FTP
(2) Tweezer Jam
(3) My Sharona (The Knack)
(4) 96 Quite Bitter Beings Tease (CKY)

parkervb

holy shit a CKY tease! I didn't catch that but maybe that's the jam I was pegging as PJ.

LBSUNFLWR

He quickly sold out two nights at Headliners in February. I got tickets to the second night. He won't be playing 600 seat capacity again.

pjthom30

Yeah that's for sure. If anyone is at home on a Friday evening there's a live stream for tomorrow's show.https://livestream.com/TheRelixChannel

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: pjthom30 on Nov 14, 2019, 11:29 AMYeah that's for sure. If anyone is at home on a Friday evening there's a live stream for tomorrow's show.https://livestream.com/TheRelixChannel

I saw that. Thanks!

ChiefOKONO

New album coming, YES!!!!!

Renewal is the title.

You can listen to the single here:

https://found.ee/Strings_FireLine