Red Rocks packages

Started by Steve74, Aug 05, 2019, 09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve74

Does anyone remember how much the different Red Rocks travel packages were? And to those who purchased them do you feel they were worth it? Just curious.

Vaporized

Seems like it was worth it. 2 night premium reserved VIP travel package was $829 a person. I ended up doing it all ala carte. Found a good priced Club Room at the Regency for 2 nights. Got lucky and caught a ticket drop of VIP row 6 center tix for Friday. Bought a Saturday on StubHub. That all cost me about $60 more and also had to pay for transportation. It was a tough ticket and prices got crazy so I'd say the travel packages turned into a good deal. It was also tough for me to commit so far in advance, so the way I did it worked best for me even though it cost me a bit more.

DayDrinkin

I had Friday VIP (row 5) and it was definitely worth it. I had *premium* tickets (row 4) Saturday that I purchased through AXS that weren't much less than VIP but didn't include meal, poster, and early merch availability and early entry.

A lot of merch was selling out in the VIP presale including foil posters and certain t-shirt sizes. From the look of all the foils on ebay, a lot of VIPs must be recovering a lot of those expenses.

The only negative to VIP was having to park in north upper lot which took forever to get out of after the show.

JDUB

JDUB

I had 2 night VIP with hotel. CID does a very good job organizing everything. Checking in and transportation to the show is a breeze. I'd say it was worth it for the early entry GA seats or for the premium reserved seat along with early access to merch. If you factor in the price of the hotel and meals you received, the actual ticket cost isn't all that high.

The BBQ portion of package did not live up to the billing: Exclusive access to join My Morning Jacket's Patrick Hallahan and Hometown Bar B Que owner/pitmaster Billy Durney for the "Bar B Q with a View" Pre-show interactive culinary experience, where you'll connect with the chefs and be an active member of a meal curated specifically for these shows and prepared on-site by Patrick...

It was just a buffet line and a cash bar. Apparently Patrick was busy with sound check and the backstage VIP package (according to a CID staffer). He walked through the crowed for a couple minutes on Saturday and was gone.