Main Menu

Bo Inverview

Started by dookie shoot bandit, May 08, 2020, 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie shoot bandit

https://chroniclet.com/news/212015/during-the-stay-home-spring-my-morning-jacket-keyboardist-bo-koster-is-thinking-a-lot-about-growing-up-in-northeast-ohio/

Bo said basically won't release new material unless they can tour around it.
May not see it until Fall or fall of 2021 😱

Say it ain't so Bo!!!!

rkwedge

Sadly I think its true, sometime in 2021 earliest. I don't see them releasing this album without being able to tour it, just not their style. I was involved in a "Zoom" meeting with a college athletic dept. last night and they really didn't think we'd be gathering at football games this fall/winter. Talk of pay per view even came up. "F" that, how sad is this becoming?
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ChiefOKONO

Good to read this but yeah unfortunately it seems like it won't be released any time soon, which is a bummer.
This would be a great time to release an official live album though that they've been planning on.  Even if they only do a digital release for now!

ranyart

Album and touring news is sad indeed but the basketball story cracked me up...

ms. yvon

thanks for the link, DKB  :thumbsup:

looks like they revised their plan for releasing the record.  lucky us!  :headphones:
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ChiefOKONO

OH HI ms. yvon!!!

Yes, they called an audible and released Waterfall II.  Great move while they get to work on the new one!

Lonndown27

Bo is such a beautiful one. My gawd what a sexgawd3000. WORLD BO FREE! WE NEED THEE

WHO THOUGHT THAT THEY
COULD TAKE THE JACKET AWAY
MAKE US FORGET THE DAY
WE MADE IT HOME AGAIN
HERE COMES THE SECRET VAMPIRES
NEVER SEARCH THE REVEREND
PLAGUE THEE HENCE
DON'T SIT ON A FENCE
KICK THE ASS OF MIKE PENCE
FOR A SHILLING AND A TENT
ILL PAY YOU THINE RENT
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

RobRoy286

Bo had an hour long interview on the podcast Livin' The Dream. Honestly the best and most personal interview I've ever heard from one of the guys. He tells a hilarious story about Patrick playin a show while trippin.

ChiefOKONO

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 23, 2020, 12:10 PMThank you!
Found that Bo podcast here ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ooRS0DExRw

Thanks for the heads up and for the link

Another great interview

ChiefOKONO

Man this is so good, just getting into the first part right now.  Love it, esp. since we don't get as many interviews with band members besides Jim!

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Jul 23, 2020, 01:38 PMMan this is so good, just getting into the first part right now.  Love it, esp. since we don't get as many interviews with band members besides Jim!

It is great hearing another perspective

I love how he tries to find the right words and then just says welllll it's not really a democracy
Hahaha

ChiefOKONO

Amazing interview... LOVED IT!!!!

Thank you BO!

APR

It was nice to hear a long interview with Bo.  I don't remember ever hearing or reading one that in depth.  Interesting to hear what some of his favorites are to play live and why Wordless is at the top (spoiler alert..... because he can watch the rest of the band and the crowd more during that one).  Next up is the Tom interview mentioned in another thread.