Has anyone ever met the band?

Started by JerseyBoy, Apr 27, 2011, 09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiddleCastro

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on May 01, 2011, 06:10 PM
These are all lies - nobody has ever met the band.  Don't listen to them.

Nope, no one.

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

woodnymph

Quote from: FiddleCastro on May 02, 2011, 01:48 AM

Nope, no one.

Awwww!!!!!!!!!  What a flashback!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D ;D :D :D :-*
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Jon T.

Nope, no one.

That picture kicks a decent amount of ass!

tdb810

Quote from: Jon T. on May 02, 2011, 08:17 AM

Nope, no one.

upon further review of this photo....is that Tommy's hand on my back or Ruckus'?  Not that I wouldn't be thrilled with either, but just curious  ;D ;D
And WHERE is that fabulous couple from Cali to my left????
.....Back at the Model Home

headhunter

how i love looking at all the wonderful people in this photo.  memories of what remains one of the best weeks ever!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ruckus

Quote from: tdb810 on May 02, 2011, 01:38 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on May 02, 2011, 08:17 AM

Nope, no one.

upon further review of this photo....is that Tommy's hand on my back or Ruckus'?  Not that I wouldn't be thrilled with either, but just curious  ;D ;D
And WHERE is that fabulous couple from Cali to my left????
It's definitely Tommy's.  Mine is much lower, hence the creepy grin.

I'm with you on the cool Cali cats.  Where are you cbear and gundy!!??  I still owe gundy for hooking me up on Z night.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ghosts_on_TV

Remember Jen dancing on the pickup truck?  ;D
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjk73

Quote from: Ruckus on May 02, 2011, 02:29 PMIt's definitely Tommy's.  Mine is much lower, hence the creepy grin
This is the only appropriate answer.  :thumbsup:

tdb810

Quote from: Darklands on May 02, 2011, 06:56 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on May 02, 2011, 02:29 PMIt's definitely Tommy's.  Mine is much lower, hence the creepy grin
This is the only appropriate answer.  :thumbsup:

Haha very funny!   Tommy was touching me??? And this is the first I am aware of it?? Damn you red wine......
.....Back at the Model Home

cshum372

I'm sure this exists somewhere out there, but I can't find it. Has anyone ever met the band? care to share stories/ pictures?

I met Jim at a solo show during his first solo tour ( Regions of Light..) in Boston. My wife and I were hanging out before the show and all the sudden a familar figure crossed the street to go to Starbucks- we tried not to freak out, and asked him for a pic- he was noticeably in a hurry- but gracious and funny none the less- ( told us he was on his way to get socks)

thecosmicdanger

I met Jim at the Electric Forest show back in 2017. The performance was awesome, as usual, but you could kind of tell this was just another show for them. Jim really didn't seem to give a shit, which is understandable because Forest is more centralized around electronic music, and a lot of the people at the rail were sitting facing the opposite way waiting for the DJ set after theirs.

My friends ended up getting VIP wristbands from some guy they met outside of the festival. So, after their set, they ended up giving me one of the wristbands because they knew how big of a fan I was. So, with a head full of acid, I went on my jolly way backstage to try and meet them. Don't ask me how, but I managed to find their tour bus and asked their bodyguard if they were there. He said they were at artist pickup but told me I could wait there, so I did. As they were walking up to the bus, I called out to Jim, he paused as he was walking up the bus stairs, kind of gave a sigh and turned around toward me. I handed him one of my buddies band's CD's and said, "Here, I don't really have words. I just wanted you to have this." He asked if it was my music, and I replied with, "No, but I'm close with them. You were just a big inspiration for the music." He then asked my name, shook my hand, and said "Love ya, be safe."

I was stoked to meet him, but he did seem like he didn't want to interact with anyone and was just ready to leave. Also, again, I WAS ON ACID and he might've been able to tell. He did seem really calm and genuine, but he still did seem like he was tired and just ready to get out of there.

RMarcil34

jimsflyingv

I have met Bo at a Starbucks in Cologne about 2 hours before a show. He liked my Waterfall T-Shirt, was kind enough for a selfie but sadly my reguest for "Phone Went West" was unheard ;-) nice guy  :thumbsup: