2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

Bo confirmed he decided to sit this tour out with Roger... and that bodes really well because why else would he?
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

APR

Great to know that Bo likely has time for MMJ.  The Roger news initially made me write off the summer and a good part of the fall.

parkervb

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jan 24, 2020, 02:12 PMBo confirmed he decided to sit this tour out with Roger... and that bodes really well because why else would he?

hard to be part of the recording process when you're traveling the world with another band. (at least that's what I am hoping).
Don't you ever turn it off

johnnYYac

Someone somewhere mentioned recently that MMJ has finished recording a new album. I have no other details and do not know the accuracy of the source.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Murph

So I guess Roger Waters just confirmed on XM Radio that Bo isn't touring with him because MMJ will be touring behind a new album.  Anyone hear it?

MMJTX

Quote from: Murph on Jan 30, 2020, 09:52 PMSo I guess Roger Waters just confirmed on XM Radio that Bo isn't touring with him because MMJ will be touring behind a new album.  Anyone hear it?

whoa! Roger said that word for word?
Anytime

Murph

Quote from: MMJTX on Jan 31, 2020, 08:41 AM
Quote from: Murph on Jan 30, 2020, 09:52 PMSo I guess Roger Waters just confirmed on XM Radio that Bo isn't touring with him because MMJ will be touring behind a new album.  Anyone hear it?

This is all based off of a Facebook post.  I didn't hear the interview.  So in hindsight, maybe I should have waited until this was confirmed, but I got too excited. Plus, I don't know who would just make that up.  If true, that's a pretty cool album announcement, having Roger Waters spill the beans

MMJTX

Quote from: Murph on Jan 31, 2020, 09:29 AM

haha ya i just saw that facebook post as well, did some googling but couldn't find anything. Fingers crossed!

This is all based off of a Facebook post.  I didn't hear the interview.  So in hindsight, maybe I should have waited until this was confirmed, but I got too excited. Plus, I don't know who would just make that up.  If true, that's a pretty cool album announcement, having Roger Waters spill the beans
Anytime

rkwedge

Quote from: Murph on Jan 31, 2020, 09:29 AMIf true, that's a pretty cool album announcement, having Roger Waters spill the beans
Right?  :evil:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Woody

Has to be legit. All signs are pointing to a new record/tour. Like Murph said, who would make that up?

APR

YES!!  I didn't hear it and am surprised the DJ or whomever asked about his keyboard player or how that came up in conversation..... but very exciting news indeed.

ranyart

Roger is a pro and I would be shocked if he released even a hint anyone else's personal touring information in advance of the band doing it...

oistheone

Just a hunch, but I feel like this Railbird Festival rumor may have legs. Booked by AC Entertainment (Forecastle, Roo), this fest is probably looking to make a big splash in their second year -- which a MMJ headlining set in Kentucky surely would accomplish. Takes place Aug 22-23 this year, lining up verrrrry nicely with the late-summer/early fall tour rumblings...

MMJTX

Quote from: Murph on Jan 31, 2020, 09:29 AM

I think it's pretty obvious that the person who posted that on Facebook just made that shit up which is pretty annoying. Not a single mention of Roger Waters saying My Morning Jacket is doing a tour on the internet other than that FB post. Some people just starved for attention i guess
Anytime

ranyart

I suggest we start thinking bigger picture here.  Chaotic times coming to a head and the only way to address chaos is with a clear plan to help navigate our troubled waters.  Peace and love...

parkervb

pretty funny that whiskeyknits asking Bo about Waters tour made it into this Jambase article:

https://www.jambase.com/article/roger-waters-2020-tour

Don't you ever turn it off

Jackets N Pones

Railbird looks tight!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Clarkwork

Hearing good buzz on NYE shows too...  Hoping all this smoke is leading to a big ass fire!
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Jbpats

Quote from: Clarkwork on Feb 05, 2020, 09:08 AMHearing good buzz on NYE shows too...  Hoping all this smoke is leading to a big ass fire!
Any indication where it will be?

robb

Quote from: Jbpats on Feb 05, 2020, 09:30 AM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Feb 05, 2020, 09:08 AMHearing good buzz on NYE shows too...  Hoping all this smoke is leading to a big ass fire!
Any indication where it will be?

3 nighter at mission ballroom in denver, based on what i'm hearing.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.