2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millerjustin

Quote from: Murph on Nov 20, 2019, 10:37 AM
Quote from: Murph on Nov 19, 2019, 09:45 PMShaky Knees lineup comes out tomorrow I believe.. fingers crossed

https://www.shakykneesfestival.com/lineup/   Nope

yeah, I think Shaky's too early in the year for the assumed album/tour arc for 2020. (also, isn't there some weird MMJ history with Shaky promoter - I know the name is derivative from Steam lyrics, but MMJ avoided the fest until the big confetti shit show in 2017 I think?)

Anyway, the Stanford rumor might have legs given the election year and political messaging angle I've heard as part of the tour chatter
What's in here won't disappear

jttouch2

Quote from: millerjustin on Nov 20, 2019, 02:48 PM
Quote from: Murph on Nov 20, 2019, 10:37 AM
Quote from: Murph on Nov 19, 2019, 09:45 PMShaky Knees lineup comes out tomorrow I believe.. fingers crossed

https://www.shakykneesfestival.com/lineup/   Nope

yeah, I think Shaky's too early in the year for the assumed album/tour arc for 2020. (also, isn't there some weird MMJ history with Shaky promoter - I know the name is derivative from Steam lyrics, but MMJ avoided the fest until the big confetti shit show in 2017 I think?)

Anyway, the Stanford rumor might have legs given the election year and political messaging angle I've heard as part of the tour chatter

Was the confetti thing in 16 a shit show? all I'd heard was that it was awesome. Always wondered if the band was on board with the whole "fest kinda named after them" thing

APR

I remember reading an interview with the founder/owner of Shaky Knees, who said he named it that because he was such a big MMJ fan and picked the name because of Steam Engine.  Jim James played that first SK festival during the Regions tour.  As far as I know, none of the band members commented on their feelings about the name, but I gotta think they're flattered. 

I would love to go to North CA later in the year...... keep those rumors flowing.  I wasn't  optimistic based on what I was told about Bo being busy with Roger Waters for the majority of the year.

bobmono

man i really like that Shaky Knees lineup - if Jacket was on there it would be incredible!

Varitek

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 19, 2019, 06:05 PMI have heard some chatter (aka, rumor) of MMJ playing the Frost Amphitheater (Stanford campus) this
Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 19, 2019, 06:05 PMI have heard some chatter (aka, rumor) of MMJ playing the Frost Amphitheater (Stanford campus) this summer. Yes please.

I fully support this line of chatter..
"Did he just put on a cape?"

Jackets N Pones

Need a tour next year real bad
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

Clarkwork

I'm predicting a Fall2020 album with fall/winter tour and 2021 OBH back in action. 

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

jttouch2

A reddit user has made a claim that MMJ is playing the farm this year. One of his other acts he's stated has been independently confirmed to be true, but he has no prior reddit history till about a week ago when he came on claiming the same thing that had already been scooped by inforoo. I'm trying to be wary of his confirmation but Jacket at roo would be HUGE for me.

Jbpats

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 10, 2019, 11:35 AMA reddit user has made a claim that MMJ is playing the farm this year. One of his other acts he's stated has been independently confirmed to be true, but he has no prior reddit history till about a week ago when he came on claiming the same thing that had already been scooped by inforoo. I'm trying to be wary of his confirmation but Jacket at roo would be HUGE for me.

Lord please yes. The conversation of re-visiting the farm just came up this weekend with my friends and I. Last time there was 2015 for Jacket.

wrgcucin

haha! I would love this, but also told myself I'm done with Roo after 7 straight years. Lots of great times but it feels time to move on. My best friend and I literally said the only way we'll go back is if Jacket, LCD, or Phish comes back.   I realize this is all first world dilemma. Interesting news for my otherwise boring Tuesday.

parkervb

I'd prefer to see them at Lockn in June but I am just being selfish since its much closer than TN to me.
Don't you ever turn it off

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Dec 10, 2019, 03:38 PMI'd prefer to see them at Lockn in June but I am just being selfish since its much closer than TN to me.

I'm down with this!  Throw in a few other shows in June, and then if Clarkwork's prediction comes true, I'd be so stoked!!  And I think Clarkwork's prediction has a good chance of being accurate.... just a feeling, no inside info. 

millerjustin

Quote from: APR on Dec 10, 2019, 03:42 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Dec 10, 2019, 03:38 PMI'd prefer to see them at Lockn in June but I am just being selfish since its much closer than TN to me.

I'm down with this!  Throw in a few other shows in June, and then if Clarkwork's prediction comes true, I'd be so stoked!!  And I think Clarkwork's prediction has a good chance of being accurate.... just a feeling, no inside info. 

yup yup
What's in here won't disappear

MMJTX

Anytime

jttouch2

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8546537/brooklyn-bowl-nashville-venue-expansion

"Shapiro is planning to announce some big underplay shows from major indie Nashville headliners in the coming weeks."

My Morning Jacket is definitely an "indie headliner" with 2 members that live in Nashville, expected 2020 plans, and a past history with other Brooklyn Bowl venues. 1200 would be an underplay for sure. MMJ also played Ascend in Nashville the first season it opened up. Could be our first big hint at upcoming shows?

rkwedge

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 17, 2019, 01:01 PMhttps://www.billboard.com/articles/business/8546537/brooklyn-bowl-nashville-venue-expansion

"Shapiro is planning to announce some big underplay shows from major indie Nashville headliners in the coming weeks."

My Morning Jacket is definitely an "indie headliner" with 2 members that live in Nashville, expected 2020 plans, and a past history with other Brooklyn Bowl venues. 1200 would be an underplay for sure. MMJ also played Ascend in Nashville the first season it opened up. Could be our first big hint at upcoming shows?
That's awesome, The Dirty Knobs I believe is Benmount Tench's band and with Mike Campbell joining them that should be a good show.  :thumbsup:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

parkervb

so I think 'Roo gets announced this week and that could be pretty big news. I would say that announcement and the Lockn announcement will be ones to keep an eye on (no intel at all, just based on past history with those fests/promoters).

Fest dates are great but I need an album update which means tour dates as well. Fingers crossed for some good news this month.
Don't you ever turn it off

AKS

Yeah, Bonnaroo lineup drops tomorrow morning around 9am. Hopefully MMJ has been sitting on a bunch of 2020 news and information until the lineup reveal which they're hopefully on!!

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 06, 2020, 11:46 AMso I think 'Roo gets announced this week and that could be pretty big news. I would say that announcement and the Lockn announcement will be ones to keep an eye on (no intel at all, just based on past history with those fests/promoters).

Fest dates are great but I need an album update which means tour dates as well. Fingers crossed for some good news this month.

dontgetupset

Quote from: AKS on Jan 06, 2020, 12:01 PMYeah, Bonnaroo lineup drops tomorrow morning around 9am. Hopefully MMJ has been sitting on a bunch of 2020 news and information until the lineup reveal which they're hopefully on!!

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 06, 2020, 11:46 AMso I think 'Roo gets announced this week and that could be pretty big news. I would say that announcement and the Lockn announcement will be ones to keep an eye on (no intel at all, just based on past history with those fests/promoters).

NOT at Bonnaroo https://www.jambase.com/article/bonnaroo-2020-lineup-oysterhead-tool-tame-impala-lizzo

walterfredo

crazy how Lizzo opened for MMJ for a few shows just a short time ago. Now headlining the Roo. Good for her!