2020 Tour Rumors

Started by CopperTom, Oct 26, 2019, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 13, 2020, 01:11 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jan 13, 2020, 12:57 PMsomeone sent me a screenshot of the FB post. You'd have to either be a massive troll or in the know to put that post up. It does line up with what was told to friends of mine backstage at Forest Hills (from someone very close to the band).

mind sharing the details for those that are FB deprived.

"Justin Patterson:

I've been holding off on posting anything because the dates haven't been "technically" finalized. Buuuuuutt...Papa had a few drinks and I keep seeing all these posts about the band playing.

What I can confirm is this -

The band is in talks with multiple venues across the country for shows in 2020

They're finishing up a new album

There will be at least one fest show.

And I love you."
Don't you ever turn it off

walterfredo

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 13, 2020, 02:04 PMthanks!

Yes thanks.  Reading that just after the PJ news was quite the added bonus shot of excitement.

Jbpats

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 13, 2020, 01:50 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Jan 13, 2020, 01:11 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jan 13, 2020, 12:57 PMsomeone sent me a screenshot of the FB post. You'd have to either be a massive troll or in the know to put that post up. It does line up with what was told to friends of mine backstage at Forest Hills (from someone very close to the band).

mind sharing the details for those that are FB deprived.

"Justin Patterson:

I've been holding off on posting anything because the dates haven't been "technically" finalized. Buuuuuutt...Papa had a few drinks and I keep seeing all these posts about the band playing.

What I can confirm is this -

The band is in talks with multiple venues across the country for shows in 2020

They're finishing up a new album

There will be at least one fest show.

And I love you."

Gotta assume that the fest show will be Lock'n at this stage right? I can't imagine one fest will be a small guy like a Mountain Jam of the world. All the other major festival lineups have been announced at this point.
I think we'll know the validity of these claims soon enough.

parkervb

Lockn and Forecastle are the leading contenders in my mind.

slappymoe

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 14, 2020, 10:51 AMLockn and Forecastle are the leading contenders in my mind.
i sure hope they don't play forecastle.  give louisville a proper show (or two), not a festival set.

Woody

Jazz Fest lineup will be released on Thursday.

jttouch2

I would think Newport Folk is the most likely option. Big history there and they consistently get all the "rare" shows, which a Jacket show definitely is this year.

7thsun

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 14, 2020, 02:56 PMI would think Newport Folk is the most likely option. Big history there and they consistently get all the "rare" shows, which a Jacket show definitely is this year.

Who's been to the Newport Festival? Would a lot of people make that trip?

Cameron

We went a few years ago. It was awesome but doubt I ever need to go back.

Jbpats

Quote from: 7thsun on Jan 14, 2020, 10:56 PM
Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 14, 2020, 02:56 PMI would think Newport Folk is the most likely option. Big history there and they consistently get all the "rare" shows, which a Jacket show definitely is this year.

Been once, it wasn't for me. Scenic and peaceful but it ends super early and tickets sell out for it long before any sort of lineup is announced.
It would definitely be a gamble to assume MMJ will be in it, personally I think Newport folk fest is a tad too soft for the boys as a comeback show.

I am leaning forecastle as others had mentioned - hometown show for the huge comeback tour.

MMJTX

Does anyone know when Lockn lineup gets announced? It's in June this year (earlier than usual) seems the lineup should be out very soon.
Anytime

ditty

What about the Outside Lands Music and Art Festival 8/7-9 in San Franciso.  It's a late summer festival, or for that matter Lollapalooza 7/30-8/2, UGH! (too damn big for me)
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

oistheone

If the "late summer/early fall" tour rumblings are accurate, OSL, ACL and even Voodoo make a ton of sense. Lockn might be too early?

parkervb

Quote from: MMJTX on Jan 15, 2020, 08:41 AMDoes anyone know when Lockn lineup gets announced? It's in June this year (earlier than usual) seems the lineup should be out very soon.

there's a price bump coming so I am thinking it could be as soon as next week

Jbpats

welp wasn't jazzfest

soulrebel08

Best Fest Going.  Jim is on the board for Newport so there's always a chance, but limited to hour long sets unless the closer which can run a bit over.

7thsun

Quote from: soulrebel08 on Jan 16, 2020, 03:18 PM

Best Fest Going.  Jim is on the board for Newport so there's always a chance, but limited to hour long sets unless the closer which can run a bit over.

The setting looks incredible. I think I'll put in a request for tickets with or without MMJ.

We must just be days away from an announcement. I'm guessing Monday or Tuesday.

DayDrinkin

Quote from: slappymoe on Jan 14, 2020, 02:38 PM
Quote from: parkervb on Jan 14, 2020, 10:51 AMLockn and Forecastle are the leading contenders in my mind.
i sure hope they don't play forecastle.  give louisville a proper show (or two), not a festival set.

I would love to see them christen the new soccer stadium.

slappymoe

Quote from: DayDrinkin on Jan 18, 2020, 10:12 PM
Quote from: slappymoe on Jan 14, 2020, 02:38 PM

I would love to see them christen the new soccer stadium.
now that's a damn fine idea. :thumbsup: