Mercury Lounge 6/3

Started by 7thsun, Nov 22, 2019, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7thsun

This show is beyond my comprehension. It's perfect in my own personal way. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that but man it just hits me so hard.

It's the epitome of what my brain needs rock n roll to be.

I keep watching individual clips on YouTube and there has to be a better way. Does anyone have an mp3 download, full concert video or a f***in' time machine?!

MMJTX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hX-FoV9eYQ

have you watched this? Believe this is a Johnny Yac vid
Anytime

Cameron

APR

Quote from: Cameron on Nov 22, 2019, 01:47 PMmy first show.

Whoa that's cool.  I wish I saw them in '03.  That is a great video.  I'll have to watch it again soon. 

7thsun

Quote from: MMJTX on Nov 22, 2019, 10:54 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hX-FoV9eYQ

have you watched this? Believe this is a Johnny Yac vid

Boom. Thank you, sir. The single videos were all I knew of.

7thsun

Quote from: Cameron on Nov 22, 2019, 01:47 PMmy first show.

Amazing. What a memory that must be. Everything about it is perfect.

Every comment Jim makes between songs, the fact he's not wearing shoes, all the hair, Quaid, Hallahan's drums in Steam Engine, Steam Engine, the way O Is The One That Is Real just blasts open, the lighting, the rest of the setlist, everything.

& it doesn't really seem like the crowd understands what they're witnessing.

What do you remember about that night?

Cameron

My wife's flight was delayed so I was nervous we were gonna be late. I'd heard of them for a while but never checked them out because I thought it sounded like a ska band. Ha! I knew a few songs in they'd be one of my favorite bands. It was also loud as fuck but still sounded great, which is hard to find. My wife still blames that show for some hearing loss.

My main memory was never seeing Jim's face after the first chord. Just head banging and hair. 

2003 was a good year. I discovered MMJ, The Truckers and Lucero all in about 4 months.

rincon2

Quote from: Cameron on Nov 22, 2019, 11:21 PM2003 was a good year. I discovered MMJ, The Truckers and Lucero all in about 4 months.
Interesting. I discovered MMJ and the Truckers in 2009. Easily my 2 favorite 21st century bands.Between those 2 bands and variations of the members, I have seen about 40 shows the past 10 years. I actually have a hard copy of the Mercury Lounge show on DVD, sent to me by someone named in this thread.

parkervb

Quote from: rincon2 on Nov 30, 2019, 02:28 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Nov 22, 2019, 11:21 PM2003 was a good year. I discovered MMJ, The Truckers and Lucero all in about 4 months.
Interesting. I discovered MMJ and the Truckers in 2009. Easily my 2 favorite 21st century bands.Between those 2 bands and variations of the members, I have seen about 40 shows the past 10 years. I actually have a hard copy of the Mercury Lounge show on DVD, sent to me by someone named in this thread.

same ;)
Don't you ever turn it off

Jackets N Pones

This is my favorite version of War Begun online now that the Austin City Limits recording got taken down for some reason. Yacc is the man for posting these gems
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

brocklanders

I listen to this show more than any other.  Envy those who were there.

johnnYYac

I think I have a disc image file (.iso) that I can upload so folks can burn their own DVD of the Mercury Lounge 6/3/03 show. Might take a while, but I'll see what I can do...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 19, 2020, 05:06 PMI think I have a disc image file (.iso) that I can upload so folks can burn their own DVD of the Mercury Lounge 6/3/03 show. Might take a while, but I'll see what I can do...

Try this. Download the .iso file linked below. Unzip/extract the file, right-click the .iso file, and choose "burn the disc image." If you have a DVD burner and insert a DVD-R disc, you should end up with a perfect copy of the video, with working menu, playable on any DVD player.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3r65h4fs3630x9q/MMJ060303.zip/file
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

7thsun

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 24, 2020, 04:06 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 19, 2020, 05:06 PMI think I have a disc image file (.iso) that I can upload so folks can burn their own DVD of the Mercury Lounge 6/3/03 show. Might take a while, but I'll see what I can do...

Try this. Download the .iso file linked below. Unzip/extract the file, right-click the .iso file, and choose "burn the disc image." If you have a DVD burner and insert a DVD-R disc, you should end up with a perfect copy of the video, with working menu, playable on any DVD player.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3r65h4fs3630x9q/MMJ060303.zip/file

I completely overlooked this somehow. I can't thank you enough. Haven't burned a disc in a while. No better time than a pandemic! I salute you Mr. Yac!

parkervb

Happy Mercury Lounge Day y'all!

Don't you ever turn it off