Wilco & The Dude in the Jacket shirt...

Started by Hoptimus Prime, Jan 22, 2020, 03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoptimus Prime

My money says this dude is on the board.  From an article on Wilco closing out their Mexico event:

"Combining Wilco's typically arresting stage candor with Cloud 9 Adventures' typical flair, the festival asked fans to all wear their favorite Wilco shirts on the first night, leading Jeff Tweedy to comment, snidely, about the marketing genius of the theme, as well as single someone out in the front row for wearing a My Morning Jacket shirt.
The theme on the final evening was "pajama night," and the band indulged by all wearing PJs, with most of the members in matching blue Target jammies while Tweedy wore brighter night attire. Many in the audience wore their resort robes, while others dressed in actual pajamas and various other night-themed costumes. Eric Slick of Dr. Dog (who performed their own headline show the night before) came onstage dressed in his resort robe to sit-in on percussion during "California Stars." It was appropriate attire for the song as well as the theme night.
In a throwback to the first night, Tweedy once again jokingly singled-out the same person in the front row and remarked, "So your pajamas are a My Morning Jacket shirt?"
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

ChiefOKONO

It would be so cool to see a photo of this scene!!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

jttouch2

nice going Clarkwork, getting clowned by Jeff has to be a bucket list experience

sillyboob

Quote from: jttouch2 on Jan 29, 2020, 03:39 PMnice going Clarkwork, getting clowned by Jeff has to be a bucket list experience

I agree.  That is pretty cool.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.