The Waterfall - The Complete Collection

Started by Nikkogino, Jul 10, 2020, 08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikkogino

Quote from: Osistheones on Jul 16, 2020, 07:06 PMMMJ: We're releasing these separately b/c they don't make any sense together

Fans: Don't tell us what to do

Hell yeah brother

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: derbydave on Jul 14, 2020, 07:57 PM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Jul 11, 2020, 09:36 AMI combined both albums, didn't leave any out, and added Hillside Song. Gotta say guys...this fucking rules. Highly recommend it. These albums flow so well together...kinda like water.

01. Spinning My Wheels
02. Believe
03. Run It
04. Big Decisions
05. In Its Infancy
06. Still Thinkin
07. Like A River
08. Wasted
09. Tropics
10. The First Time
11. Hillside Song
12. Beautiful Love
13. Thin Line
14. Feel You
15. Spring
16. Magic Bullet
17. Compound Fracture
18. Climbing the Ladder
19. Welcome Home
20. Get the Point
21. Only Memories Remain

Thanks so much for sharing this...
I put together a playlist using your "flow" and love it!!

Can you link it here to save me the trouble?!?

Nice tracklist!!!  I like the three song comedown at the end.

gardenparty

Have been trying to create the perfect single album from these two and it is amazing how many different ways you can go with flow, etc.

This crop of songs seems like a creative peak for the band. So much great material.
And to imagine there is still more we haven't heard.  Impressive! 

Here is the single album i am working with now (though its best to just shuffle both albums)

1. Spinning My Wheels
2. Spring
3. In Its Infancy
4. Feel You
5. Like a River
6. Run it
7. Big Decisions
8. Wasted
9. Get the Point
10. Thin Line
11. Welcome Home
12. Tropics
13. Only Memories Remain

so many great songs had to be cut

Come Closer

You could mix II with pretty much any MMJ material and it's gonna sound good. I think it's way closer in spirit to Z than it is to The Waterfall. I understand it came from the same sessions and it's a bridge album, but they should've named it something else to really do it justice.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: Osistheones on Jul 21, 2020, 12:16 PMYou could mix II with pretty much any MMJ material and it's gonna sound good. I think it's way closer in spirit to Z than it is to The Waterfall. I understand it came from the same sessions and it's a bridge album, but they should've named it something else to really do it justice.

Agree 100%!

As far as sequels go though, Waterfall II is their The Godfather part II Or Empire Strikes Back, or any sequel that out did the original IMO

Nikkogino

Quote from: Osistheones on Jul 21, 2020, 12:16 PMYou could mix II with pretty much any MMJ material and it's gonna sound good. I think it's way closer in spirit to Z than it is to The Waterfall. I understand it came from the same sessions and it's a bridge album, but they should've named it something else to really do it justice.
I think they should have named it Plunge Pool.

It's a name that relates back to the Waterfall name (I mean you can't shy away from the fact that they were recorded together), as a plunge pool is what you find at the bottom of a waterfall.  A plunge pool is also the name of a smaller pool you relax in...I don't have a plunge pool but this album would sound good in one.

Clarkwork

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....