Where's the Appalachian Voices Brooklyn Show?

Started by Bigsky, Aug 03, 2010, 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

I was wondering if anyone was able to record this?

BH

Did any of the PHJB play with them on the main set?

The reason I ask, is if they didn't, I'm not sure you can improve much on the 7-27 recording and the set is almost identical.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

QuoteDid any of the PHJB play with them on the main set?

The reason I ask, is if they didn't, I'm not sure you can improve much on the 7-27 recording and the set is almost identical.

they played w/them in the encore.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Bigsky

they played w/them in the encore.

Man...I think I forgot that

Bigsky

Same set + different place = different sound. I also wasn't at the 7-27 show so there is no sentimental value...

BH

Same set + different place = different sound. I also wasn't at the 7-27 show so there is no sentimental value...

Oh I totally get that!   Just glad most of the performance was at least captured once.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Bigsky

Oh I totally get that!   Just glad most of the performance was at least captured once.

I would love the entire show, but I would die to get JJ singing Blue Yodel #9...it was so nice.

johnbky

Here's a 49 minute collage of clips from the Brooklyn App Voices show I recorded using my iPhone.  It's got that yodel song a nice stretch of songs from Jim.  Quality is great, too, I must say.  Enjoy!

http://www.yousendit.com/download/aHlTaklsUnJ0TWxjR0E9PQ

Bigsky

QuoteHere's a 49 minute collage of clips from the Brooklyn App Voices show I recorded using my iPhone.  It's got that yodel song a nice stretch of songs from Jim.  Quality is great, too, I must say.  Enjoy!

http://www.yousendit.com/download/aHlTaklsUnJ0TWxjR0E9PQ

Thank you thank you thank you...it sounds wonderful. :)

FiddleCastro

I would love the entire show, but I would die to get JJ singing Blue Yodel #9...it was so nice.

I have a recording from Merriweather of JJ playing Blue Yodel #9.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

searchinbig

Yes.. I too have JJ with PHJB at Newport Folk Festival. Recorded from the audio stream. Sounds good.

I wonder if I can post that set here???

JJ does Blue Yodel and St James Infirmary with PHJB.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

ynwa

[highlight]I have a recording from Merriweather of JJ playing Blue Yodel #9[/highlight].

i'd love to have this too, please?
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

FiddleCastro

[highlight]I have a recording from Merriweather of JJ playing Blue Yodel #9[/highlight].

i'd love to have this too, please?

I'll hook you guys up!

http://www.mediafire.com/?1cauccm12px2gex
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh