CHICAGO SHOW

Started by mebrozek, Aug 18, 2010, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBossMan

Please please please i hope somebody recorded it!
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

Dingo

I thought I saw at least one taper by the soundboard.  I couldn't get a good view though.  I hope a recording turns up too....

wakebord

tapings have been hard to come by since the spring run it seems like.  really hoping that a chicago one comes up -- i want to hear me some Easy Morning Rebel.

TMGri5th

Looks like they posted the Chicago show this morning on archive.org...

twofingers

Woooooooooooooooooo!
[url="//www.thesteamengine.net"]www.thesteamengine.net[/url]

Dingo

HELL YEAH!!!  Can't wait to hear this again when I get home from work.

twofingers

The quality is good too! Just finished "The Way That He Sings." Flashbacks!

johnnYYac

Now, the big debate.  Will it ruin tonight's experience if I listen to the Chicago show on my 3 hour drive to Vermont?

Nah!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Dingo

Screw it! I couldn't wait till I got home.  Popped the headphones into the back of the Mac.  Sound is good too!

twofingers

QuoteNow, the big debate.  Will it ruin tonight's experience if I listen to the Chicago show on my 3 hour drive to Vermont?

Nah!

No way man!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about Vermont!

twofingers

Just posted it with artwork and all bundled up -

http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-morning-jacket-chicago-il-2010-08-17.html

Huge thanks to the taper Kelly Casey!

headhunter

i love this band

i love this web site

i love you guys!!!

thanks for the taping and the posting.

gonna smile while i listen to this one.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

searchinbig

This is so sweet. Thanks for the heads up. What a fuckin' setlist!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

EasyRyder

AWESOME pull!!! This is one of the better MMJ recordings on the archive IMO. Jim's voice is so much clearer on these tracks, and even Bo's keys glimmer through (LOVE the wall of organ sound on Masterplan).  

I must hear Dancefloors live....it's an addictively arranged song, and this recording is only further testament.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

rollin back opener = genius.

sweatboard

HOT DAMN!!

Great Recording - Epic Show, it has to be one of the best I've heard.  It sounds like they've really been rehearsing.  Love the new arrangements, intros, outros, the end of Gideon is fucking amazing.  The little thing the do different with the Run Thru synth part, the omnichord stuff at the beginning of Touch Me and Tonight ;D not to mention that crazy shit they do during the end of Don Dante...I think they were literally trying to kill people at that show.

Thanks to the taper indeed.  :-*
There's Still Time.........

wakebord

holy effing shit.  the band couldn't have been tighter.  the guitars were just blazing.  im surprised carl and jim's fingers didn't melt off.  lay low outro was warp speed and spot on.  same with off the record.  and easy morning rebel !!!!!!!!!!  circuital sounded great.  fukin fantastic.  so jealous for the people going to NYC - this band has hit its stride (even more than i thought could be possible since i felt like they have been stridin' just fine since about 2003) and those NYC shows are going to be amazing if chicago is any indication.

BigBossMan

This is great, i can finally rest easy
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

AlwxanderD10

Quotehttp://www.archive.org/details/mmj2010-08-17
I got suuuper excited when i first looked at this thread because i thought it was about this.http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1231198087/60#60
:'(