FORECASTLE 2012 Webcast Friday 8/7 at 8:30pm EST

Started by CC, Aug 05, 2020, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MPP

Man this is a great show.  Killer Steam and Mahgeetah, and not an hour into the set! Cobra, The Dark, perfect Harrison and Dylan (wow that was good) covers, bananas.  Kept hearing about this one, you folks who were there sure saw an awesome concert!  Just watched it a second time. What rock band has this range and still blows the doors off? 

The high quality product MMJ is putting out to fill the gap and help lift spirits is beautiful.

Mr. White

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 07, 2020, 11:50 AM
Quote from: ericm on Aug 07, 2020, 10:30 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Aug 07, 2020, 09:28 AMMr. White is the surefire video MVP on this board.

Plus a million!

I never knew any footage even existed but if it's out there, Mr. White will be sure to find and post it. So very cool to have this.  :cool:

Thanks Mr. White, and yes it does bring back some great memories. That whole day was filled with so many of them and I can't imagine a better day for any Jacket fan. It's right up there with my best concert going days ever.

No Problem!!!
I'll try over the weekend to see if there might be another video or two from the Belle Of Louisville show. Seems like there might have been. It might be labeled differently in my collection of videos I've downloaded from YouTube over the years. This one was conveniently labeled with Preservation Hall Jazz Band at the beginning. Most of them are labeled with My Morning Jacket at the beginning (I usually keep the original poster's tag. I've only changed the ones that were Pro-Shot, so I can find them easier).
Keep The Live Videos Rolling!!!

My Morning Jacket & the Preservation Hall Jazz Band
"Carnival Time"
Belle of Louisville Forecastle Festival After Show
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

what was the Belle set list other than Carnival Time?? probably a few more in that vein?
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

ericm

Thanks again Mr. White. I appreciate the effort in finding this. :beer:

I'm stoked to see this one too and thrilled there is video out there from that night on the Belle.  :thumbsup:   :cool:
"Where's Jim going?"

robb

Quote from: Lonndown27 on Aug 09, 2020, 05:34 PMwhat was the Belle set list other than Carnival Time?? probably a few more in that vein?

i remember blue yodel #9, carnival time, louisiana fairytale, carnival time and highly suspicious for sure.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

ranyart

We were at Forecastle in 2012 and it was by far our favorite year.  The MMJ show was the highlight but there were so many other good bands that year it's hard to remember it all.  Seeing this video was big fun and thanks to the band for making it possible!

Angelo

Does anyone happen to have a download of this webcast that they wouldn't mind sharing?

rkwedge

Quote from: Angelo on Aug 27, 2020, 09:40 PMDoes anyone happen to have a download of this webcast that they wouldn't mind sharing?
It's here in the "Tapings" thanks to johnnYYac.
http://forum.mymorningjacket.net/index.php/topic,22028.0.html
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Angelo

Much obliged rkwedge. My paisan Yac always coming through with that hot shit.