Jim James at the Rudyard Kipling 6-3-2007

Started by mebrozek, Sep 11, 2010, 07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBossMan

I came upon this show over on The Steam Engine blog here:

http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2009/09/jim-james-rudyard-kipling-2007-06-03.html#links

I would love to check out this show, looks like a pretty deep setlist...any chance it could be re-uploaded or something?  Thanks.
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

johnnYYac

QuoteI came upon this show over on The Steam Engine blog here:

http://thesteamengine.blogspot.com/2009/09/jim-james-rudyard-kipling-2007-06-03.html#links

I would love to check out this show, looks like a pretty deep setlist...any chance it could be re-uploaded or something?  Thanks.

I already have it up on Megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9B2VOKA1

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BigBossMan

great, i knew one of you had it.
Thanks

BigBossMan

1. Tonight I Want to Celebrate With You
2. Look at You
3. At Dawn
4. It Beats 4 U
5. banter - Rudyard Kipling
6. Bermuda Highway
7. Hopefully
8. Old September Blues
9. banter - Chigago Song
10. The Way That He Sings
11. banter - Music & Politics
12. Gideon
13. I Will Be There When You Die
14. banter - Songs with double meanings
15. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
16. I Needed it Most
17. Dancefloors
18. What a Wonderful Man
19. banter - Rudyard Benefits
20. Nashville to Kentucky
21. banter - Snowy Bramble
22. Knot Comes Loose
23. Wordless Chorus
24. Golden
25. Into the Woods
26. The Bear
27. By My Car
28. Dondante
29. Ordinary
30. Anytime
31. banter - Sleeping masks project
32. Cherish
33. Settin' the Woods on Fire
34. Louisiana Woman Mississippi Man
35. Grievous Angel
36. banter - put on those masks!
37. Nobody (take 1)
38. Nobody

I was VERY pleasantly surprised while listening to this set.  Not only is it awesome (not surprising at all), but song #29 "Ordinary" turns out to be "Magic Marker" from the Monsters of Folk!  So I guess Jim was sitting on that song for a couple years.  And also, "Look at You" makes an appearance, a little before Evil Urges came out.

Now, obviously Bruce Springsteen is my favorite artist (MMJ a close second) and my favorite tour (and album) is Darkness on the Edge of Town.  I love this tour, and the bootlegs of it, for several reasons.  Well I love the album, but the tour includes great versions of all those songs, Born to Run songs and also early versions of songs off the future album The River.  Bruce would try out different versions of new/unreleased songs live and see how they worked.  He would sit on some songs and wait to use them if they weren't applicable to the theme of whatever album he was working on (See: Born in the USA - originally recorded during the sessions that became the Nebraska album).  Anyway, it appears our old buddy Yim does the same things.  I wonder what other goodies he's got.  But in this information age, I guess it's a lot tougher to just "try things out" live.

headhunter

thanks john- going to go download it  and tomorrow's listening is now picked out
was some shakin' and some record playin'