Main Menu

New Album

Started by Hatfield, May 13, 2021, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Quote from: justbcuzido on May 24, 2021, 02:16 PM
Quote from: Lonndown27 on May 22, 2021, 03:31 PMJust saying you'll wanna see and hear the new stuff anyday over WFII. It has a kinda scorched earth sound I thought the band would never find. Can't wait to hear more than 3 minutes of it

How much of the new album have you heard? When you say scorched earth, is it more that barn burning ISM sound or Z vibes? Or something else entirely?

Not to be a jerk or anything but i highly doubt he's heard any of the new album
Anytime

RobRoy286

I'm wondering when Bring the Power Back was recorded and if it's on the new album? Love that recording.

parkervb

Quote from: Lonndown27 on May 22, 2021, 03:31 PMJust saying you'll wanna see and hear the new stuff anyday over WFII. It has a kinda scorched earth sound I thought the band would never find. Can't wait to hear more than 3 minutes of it

How much of the new album have you heard? When you say scorched earth, is it more that barn burning ISM sound or Z vibes? Or something else entirely?

cue the Judge Smails memes..... ;)
Don't you ever turn it off

justbcuzido

Quote from: MMJTX on May 24, 2021, 03:28 PM

Not to be a jerk or anything but i highly doubt he's heard any of the new album

I highly doubted it too, but I want to believe.

Quote from: parkervb on May 25, 2021, 11:19 AM

cue the Judge Smails memes..... ;)

Cue the "Press X for Doubt memes" ;)
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

MMJCOBRA

Stevie

This all lines up well for a obh release party.  They dropped wf2 so long ago that it no longer makes sense to tour behind ut, so they do a fall tour thats marketed as just a general jacket tour.  They will probably still throw in some wf2 tracks every night but it will mostly be career encompassing stuff. 

Then OBH for either a full reveal or a few brand new songs sprinkled in as with OBH2.

Then album announcement followed by a big summer/fall tour.  3 nights at red rocks.  4 nights in nyc. 

I do not claim to have inside info, i just know how to dream.

downdownyoubringmedown

Quote from: Stevie on Jun 17, 2021, 01:17 PMThis all lines up well for a obh release party.  They dropped wf2 so long ago that it no longer makes sense to tour behind ut, so they do a fall tour thats marketed as just a general jacket tour.  They will probably still throw in some wf2 tracks every night but it will mostly be career encompassing stuff. 

Then OBH for either a full reveal or a few brand new songs sprinkled in as with OBH2.

Then album announcement followed by a big summer/fall tour.  3 nights at red rocks.  4 nights in nyc. 

I do not claim to have inside info, i just know how to dream.

I think this makes sense as well. This is a great "Get Back Out on the Road" tour with some WF II tracks sprinkled in. Some new tracks at OBH would be a nice gift for those who forked out to go down south, and then a proper Spring/Summer tour around the new album. Getting pretty psyched for new music!

parkervb

ya know, it would 100% make sense to debut the whole album ala The Waterfall when they did the live stream. It would also make sense to do it in front of some of their most fervent and loyal fans. Hope that happens for y'all.
Don't you ever turn it off

Stevie

Quote from: parkervb on Jun 17, 2021, 03:00 PMya know, it would 100% make sense to debut the whole album ala The Waterfall when they did the live stream. It would also make sense to do it in front of some of their most fervent and loyal fans. Hope that happens for y'all.

Iirc, obh2 got three new songs off the waterfall and then they did a live stream of the album being played followed by those really small shows in Louisville that you had to win a lottery to have access to. 

I really hope they do something like that again but for how much obh folks are paying they should be the first to hear it in full.  The only problem with that is they have to hold back that recording until after the album is officially released.  I dont know how big of a problem that is but it is a little asymmetrical to have one night missing half the songs. 

robb

Quote from: Stevie on Jun 23, 2021, 06:05 AM
Quote from: parkervb on Jun 17, 2021, 03:00 PMya know, it would 100% make sense to debut the whole album ala The Waterfall when they did the live stream. It would also make sense to do it in front of some of their most fervent and loyal fans. Hope that happens for y'all.

Iirc, obh2 got three new songs off the waterfall and then they did a live stream of the album being played followed by those really small shows in Louisville that you had to win a lottery to have access to. 

I really hope they do something like that again but for how much obh folks are paying they should be the first to hear it in full.  The only problem with that is they have to hold back that recording until after the album is officially released.  I dont know how big of a problem that is but it is a little asymmetrical to have one night missing half the songs. 

it wouldn't be that problematic if they decided to release the album on march 11th or something.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.