*Pending wife approval#
#She approved, Im going+
+This is amazing

MMJTX

Quote from: Stevie on Aug 13, 2021, 05:47 AMIm going*

*Pending wife approval#
#She approved, Im going+
+This is amazing

HAHA that's awesome Stevie! My best bud and i are going to Charlotte for the same reasons you said, we simply couldn't miss that first show back, definitely have high hopes for it. But yes this 3 hour set at Bonnaroo is so hard to pass up, it's one of my many bucket list items to see Jacket at Roo but just don't think i can swing it this year in addition to Charlotte.
Anytime

BigHerm

I'm going. Can't miss this. This will be my first time at too in 5-6 years. I'm getting the shuttle pass from Nashville and just gonna find my own way back Sunday morning.

How early do we think we'll need to be in line to get in the pit?

silentjay

Quote from: BigHerm on Aug 13, 2021, 01:23 PMHow early do we think we'll need to be in line to get in the pit?

I'm planning on seeing all of Tame Impala and then heading over there to get in the pit line during Incubus. I feel pretty confident that will be enough time to get me in the pit.

Stevie

Quote from: silentjay on Aug 14, 2021, 12:09 PM
Quote from: BigHerm on Aug 13, 2021, 01:23 PMHow early do we think we'll need to be in line to get in the pit?

I'm planning on seeing all of Tame Impala and then heading over there to get in the pit line during Incubus. I feel pretty confident that will be enough time to get me in the pit.

You guys are brave.  Im going to try for something a little further back and pray that im not behind the seven foot dude.

Pineapple

I'm planning on getting in line before Jason Isbell... hopefully that's early enough to get rail!
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

Stevie

Im going to be staying at a hotel in Murfreesboro and ill be doing daily parking fri and sat (leaving sun).  Ill be taking things super casual as im not really into most of the friday acts and Isbell is probably the first saturday act i care about. Probably do some disc golfing both days before heading in. 

If anyone is in the vicinity of Murfreesboro and wants to throw a round and/or needs a ride in, let me know. 

BigHerm

Quote from: Pineapple on Aug 14, 2021, 08:08 PMI'm planning on getting in line before Jason Isbell... hopefully that's early enough to get rail!

Seems like a good plan to me.

Anyone that has lined up for the pit at that stage before know if you can still see the stage from the line? Don't really want to miss Isbell

Pineapple

You can still see, but you're definitely way off to the side. It'll be a show that you get to watch the crowd a lot.

CousinEddie

I'll be there with friggin bells on. Roo 08 was my first show and I've been chasing that feeling since.

They are going to fucking destroy that place.

parkervb

Quote from: AKS on Jul 15, 2021, 06:47 PMThe daily Bonnaroo schedule has to be coming sometime in the next two weeks!

With King Gizzard backing out last week and having been confirmed for a late night set in 2020 before everything was cancelled it just seems so obvious that MMJ will occupy one of the late night Saturday slots after Tame melts some faces on The What!! Maybe Midnight-2:00 or 1-3 on The Which stage or something for the boys! 

43 days away from the first show in Charlotte!! We're getting close now!!  It can't come soon enough!

heard MMJ Superfan Chris Long say they are playing Sat night 12-3:30a slot, WOWZERS. Jelly for yall.
Don't you ever turn it off

Stevie

Quote from: CousinEddie on Aug 22, 2021, 04:38 PMI'll be there with friggin bells on. Roo 08 was my first show and I've been chasing that feeling since.

They are going to fucking destroy that place.

This is overbearing but i want to say..as someone who has chased a lot in my life, i feel you will have the best experience by resisting the urge to compare the two and by having as few expectations as possible.

See ya there! 

jttouch2

You honestly should be able to walk into the pit at any point during the show, I've been to Roo several times and never had a problem getting in for bigger acts or smaller acts. rail is another level entirely though, best of luck to ya pineapple.

Pineapple

Quote from: jttouch2 on Aug 26, 2021, 12:17 AMYou honestly should be able to walk into the pit at any point during the show, I've been to Roo several times and never had a problem getting in for bigger acts or smaller acts. rail is another level entirely though, best of luck to ya pineapple.

Pit, yeah no problem. But I'm going for that rail spot right in front of Carl!

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Stevie on Aug 14, 2021, 02:08 PM
Quote from: silentjay on Aug 14, 2021, 12:09 PM

You guys are brave.  Im going to try for something a little further back and pray that im not behind the seven foot dude.

Roo pits are sooooooo spacious!!!

silentjay

Do they do posters for festival sets? This is definitely a show I'd want a poster for.

Pineapple

Quote from: silentjay on Aug 27, 2021, 08:27 PMDo they do posters for festival sets? This is definitely a show I'd want a poster for.

They always have in the past

CousinEddie

Anybody backing out for the full refund? Gotta admit it's tempting, really could turn into a shit-show up there with all the rain. Anybody got thoughts?

ranyart

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2021/08/30/bonnaroo-2021-rain-forces-fest-shrink-campgrounds-offer-refunds/5659446001/

CousinEddie sounds like a real mess is brewing like you said especially if you are planning on camping, so a refund might be the best option.

Lonndown27

i hope to god this isn't cancelled....I need the band playing a 3 hour Roo set again....
WE ALL NEED THAT.
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018