Led Zeppelin

Started by johnconaway, Aug 19, 2004, 06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

it wouldn't surprise me since the guys were a bunch of 'wink and a nod' mischievous types ;)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Coltrane

"When the Levee Breaks" is on the short list of greatest songs of all time (right there with "Moonshiner"). Zep's version is truely timeless. The bridge makes my heart burst from my chest every single time!!!
....as mayor of Drugachusettes, I declare this pizza to be...AWESOME!!!

MMJ_fanatic

yeah that was a truly spectacular blues shuffle coupled with dleicately overdriven moaning vocals gotta love the way those boys could update a classic sound like that :)

peanut butter puddin surprise

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

SmoothOprtr

No Quarter
Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
Tangerine
Stairway
Over the Hills and Far Away
Casmir
The only two things in life that make it worth livin Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin women

SMc55

You probably know about this, but I'll tell you just in case. Jimmy's House/Casa Jimmy is a shelter for street children in Rio founded by Jimmy Page. Doesn't come much cooler than that, eh?  8)

peanut butter puddin surprise

yep, read all about it on his website last night after i saw the headline...that IS pretty cool.

I'm still giddy that Jimmy-freakin'-Page got picked as the first person to put their hands on the Walk.  That, my friends, is AWESOME.

Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

MMJ_fanatic

woodnymph

Ah, glad this thread made it over to the new board.....

Led Zeppelin - White Summer/Black Mountain Side

Doesn't sync up 100%, but it came up as an option, and it's equally as outrageous.....

Jimmy Page - White Summer (1970) Part 2

F'n'a......
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

ChiefOKONO

This is a Killer version of Since I've Been Loving You:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq138Ct9T3c

I always thought that MMJ could do a sick cover of No Quarter!

What if they played this Live:

dondante > Jam > No Quarter > Jam > dondante

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :)

MPP

Wow ChiefOKONO, reviving a long dormant post!  An excellent topic too, classic Zep. Nice YT find, great song, and a pretty good recording for that time too.  Thanks for posting that.
Agree, No Quarter would be a perfect Led Zeppelin song for MMJ to cover,  especially pieced into an extended jam as you imagined.
Suggestion box for the 2021 tour. Lol

ChiefOKONO

You're welcome.  Hopefully someone suggests it to the band :)

Looks like that whole show that the song I posted is from is online and I am looking forward to listening to it!  Haven't really listened to much Zep for some time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_vynzixsDc

APR

Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Oct 08, 2020, 02:08 PMYou're welcome.  Hopefully someone suggests it to the band :)

Looks like that whole show that the song I posted is from is online and I am looking forward to listening to it!  Haven't really listened to much Zep for some time...

If you like No Quarter, I recommend checking out Tool's version.  It is excellent.  I was listening to Zep about a week ago and when In The Light came on, that's the one I thought MMJ would sound amazing doing.

Hoptimus Prime

Quote from: APR on Oct 08, 2020, 03:14 PM
Quote from: ChiefOKONO on Oct 08, 2020, 02:08 PMYou're welcome.  Hopefully someone suggests it to the band :)

If you like No Quarter, I recommend checking out Tool's version.  It is excellent.  I was listening to Zep about a week ago and when In The Light came on, that's the one I thought MMJ would sound amazing doing.

Hands down, In My Time Of Dying.  I want to hear Carl crush that slide.
5/24/2003, and every damn time possible since!

ChiefOKONO

TOOL's version of No Quarter is amazing!  I was lucky enough to see it live!

YESSS In the Light and In My Time of Dying would be so kickass!!!

ZMan

Led Zeppelin was my MMJ before there was an MMJ. Never seen Zep, but I've seen Page and Plant live- solo, together, Page with the Firm and Coverdale. Like MMJ, it's hard to pick a Zep favorite album, as at any given time, it could change. I am partial to Zep 3, though Physical Graffiti, I think is their best.

Favorite Songs by Album:
Zep I- Your Time is Gonna Come
Zep II- Ramble On
Zep III- Tangerine
Zep IV- When the Levee Breaks
PG- In the Light
Presence- Nobody's Fault but Mine
In Through the Out Door- All My Love
Coda- Wearing and Tearing