Started by MMJTX, Apr 27, 2021, 10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJTX

Anytime

slappymoe

I'll be scooping up a Saturday ticket as soon as they go on sale.  :thumbsup:

CountSA

Cameron

If Ohana gets canceled I'll be heading to this.

piton87

Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

ranyart

Temping indeed but August 28th is my dad's 80th birthday so that's where we will be celebrating.  Enjoy the show and looking forward to seeing the rest of the dates!

Jack D

Got tickets this afternoon- so many acts in our wheelhouse over the two days. This will be the wife's first MMJ show, and while probably limited in length, a good introduction to the band's live magic. Appearing early Sunday is S.G. Goodman, whose recent album was produced by Jim.

sillyboob

Quote from: Jack D on Apr 27, 2021, 06:48 PMGot tickets this afternoon- so many acts in our wheelhouse over the two days. This will be the wife's first MMJ show, and while probably limited in length, a good introduction to the band's live magic. Appearing early Sunday is S.G. Goodman, whose recent album was produced by Jim.

That SG Goodman album is great, highly recommend it!  Everyone getting tickets - Enjoy!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Jbpats

Dream headliners for me, rest of the lineup is pretty weak.

Wouldn't be able to justify a trip to Kentucky for this.

Wish DMB headlined bonnaroo instead of foo fighters or Lizzo

walterfredo

Ugh, to each their own. DMB is a major deterrent for me. Hard pass.

dookie shoot bandit

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 27, 2021, 09:01 PMUgh, to each their own. DMB is a major deterrent for me. Hard pass.

Same. Actually love the entire lineup, except DMB

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

iLikeBeer

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Apr 28, 2021, 12:55 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 27, 2021, 09:01 PMUgh, to each their own. DMB is a major deterrent for me. Hard pass.

Same. Actually love the entire lineup, except DMB

I'm with both of you.  I'm digging the entire lineup except DMB.  I still think its worth it for a nice weekend getaway for me and the wife!  :beer:

Mr. White

I'm still waiting on the Single Day tickets to go on sale. I'm not really excited about going to any festivals again (other than possibly Forecastle Festival since it's in my backyard, so to speak), but no, I'm not a fan of festivals anymore. With Covid-19 still around, I see the logic in it though. Still, I only want to see MMJ and MMJ only these days. I'll skip Day 2 (I love Jason Isbell but will wait on a different show).

https://www.railbirdfest.com/tickets

I just wish My Morning Jacket would announce a solid stand-alone Louisville show (indoors or outdoors). That's what I want and what I need.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ranyart

We're right there with you Mr. White.  Our last festival was Forecastle Festival (2016?) and it was good but even with VIP tickets it was simply way too much and honestly we don't have enough gas in the tank to stand around outside in the heat for hours on end seeing a bunch of bands that we only maybe kinda sorta want to see, much less doing that for three days in a row.  Looks like it's cancelled again for 2021 so if they come our way it will have to be a regular show.

Come on MMJ do your hometown proud and blow the roof off one of the fantastic venues in Louisville!  How about a couple of nights at Palace Theater or maybe a solo show at Waterfront Park on a nice summer eve?  See you there...
 :beer:

walterfredo

Quote from: ranyart on May 07, 2021, 03:11 PMor maybe a solo show at Waterfront Park on a nice summer eve?  See you there...

I would fly out from CA for one night of this! Yes please! Sounds delightful.

slappymoe

Quote from: ranyart on May 07, 2021, 03:11 PMCome on MMJ do your hometown proud and blow the roof off one of the fantastic venues in Louisville!  How about a couple of nights at Palace Theater or maybe a solo show at Waterfront Park on a nice summer eve?  See you there...
someone here had a fine suggestion before covid hit: they could play the only large venue in town they haven't already played, the new soccer stadium.

having said that, the old man in me is slowly losing his taste for outdoor shows* and unpredictable weather.   i'd much rather see them at the palace, or even the yum center.

*this does not apply to one big holiday tropical vacations.   

piton87

Anyone heard anything about Shuttles from Lexington to venue? Im staying in downtown Lexington.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

SciFidelity

Single day tickets available this Friday, 7/16 at 10am!
06/17/23, 06/23/23, 06/24/23, 08/20/23, 11/07/23, 11/09/23, 11/10/23, 11/11/2023

Mr. White

Quote from: SciFidelity on Jul 13, 2021, 11:52 AMSingle day tickets available this Friday, 7/16 at 10am!

Got mine!

I'll start a Roll Call Thread.

Rock And Rollllllllll
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011