Main Menu

OBH 2022

Started by CC, May 13, 2021, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walterfredo

Left my poster on my plane on flight home. 😢

Lonndown27

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 06, 2022, 04:19 PMLeft my poster on my plane on flight home. 😢

I'm so sorry Walter!!! Bummer man! I know we can get you one somehow, some way!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

wow so okay.....OBH 5 was incredible, could this be the best one ever, or is 2018 still in pole position???

I feel like this one really did a lot to deliver...look at night I....jesus christ, a bonus 2 hours and 35 minute soundcheck ? Damn....

I don't understand the Lucky To Be Alive opener, kinda hilariously dumb that positioning but hey, it's what they wanted to do. For me, i love that second half of that song so much but that first part just....I can't get past it.

Besides that, this was balls to the wall for 4 nights:
SOONER....
WELCOME HOME opener.....
STRANGULATION....
STEAM ENGINE into I COULD NEVER GET ENOUGH (Mini)...brilliant
IN COLOR into MERCY MERCY ME / WHAT'S GOING ON....This is becoming a thaaaang and i love it. Very proud to say I've seen the Mercy Mercy Me debut, one of my favorite songs of all time.
CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING w/ TREY ANASTASIO?
ROCKETMAN w/ TREY ANASTASIO?????
MAHGEETAH w/ TREY ANASTASIO SINGING PARTS OF IT???

DAAAAAAMN.....
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Come Closer

You don't like the song so it's dumb to open with it? Huh? Given the context and subject matter of the song it actually makes a whole lot of sense as the opening song.

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 06, 2022, 04:19 PMLeft my poster on my plane on flight home. 😢

Heartbreaker man. I did that a few years back w a foil Cap Theatre Phil Lesh poster and a signed To Kill a Mockingbird cast poster.

Had the Uber head back to the airport.  Nothing at security, called the next day....nothing.

We'll just have to keep an eye out for the artist poster on sale time. 

MOWJO8185

I'm sure I would have enjoyed the shit out of these shows had I been there, but as someone who is mainly looking at these shows in terms of the recordings I hope to listen to and as someone who is a major completist in terms of having live renditions of every song in the catalog, seeing Still Thinking as a soundcheck song only to not be played is a punch to the gut. I love that tune.

APR

[/quote

Call the airport and ask to be connected to lost and found.  My friend left his poster at the airport, and it ended up in lost and found and they mailed it to him.

walterfredo

I have filed a lost and found submittal through Alaskan airlines. Assuming your friends was not left on the plane, but just at the airport? I will give it a shot though, but the airport was LAX and the likelihood seems low. But I appreciate the input and will give that a try as well. I have also reached out to the poster artist but no response yet.

CountSA

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Mar 07, 2022, 09:58 AMI'm sure I would have enjoyed the shit out of these shows had I been there, but as someone who is mainly looking at these shows in terms of the recordings I hope to listen to and as someone who is a major completist in terms of having live renditions of every song in the catalog, seeing Still Thinking as a soundcheck song only to not be played is a punch to the gut. I love that tune.

I find it very surprising there was just one debut across all 3 nights with so many new songs that haven't been played before.  It seems like they played it pretty safe with the setlists overall.

RobRoy286

Quote from: Come Closer on Mar 06, 2022, 09:16 PMYou don't like the song so it's dumb to open with it? Huh? Given the context and subject matter of the song it actually makes a whole lot of sense as the opening song.
Totally agree, I think it's actually an awesome opener.

APR

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 07, 2022, 12:55 PMI have filed a lost and found submittal through Alaskan airlines. Assuming your friends was not left on the plane, but just at the airport? I will give it a shot though, but the airport was LAX and the likelihood seems low. But I appreciate the input and will give that a try as well. I have also reached out to the poster artist but no response yet.

Yes airport not plane.  It was a cool one that he was bummed about losing (Merriweather Post poster signed by the band back when they were doing the soundcheck fan club pre show gatherings) and psyched about getting back. 

mdgsolo

Such beautiful and magical days and nights among some beautiful people.  Only sour spot was having a bag full of merch- shirts for the kids and a sweatshirt for mom lifted from the Sunrise pool.  If anyone ended up with extras or know a good contact for replacement, can you pm me?

crooney

mp377674

Quote from: crooney on Mar 07, 2022, 08:52 PMgreat set of videos from obh.  many thanks to the taper.

https://www.reddit.com/r/mymorningjacket/comments/t93kha/obh_high_res_videos/

It was my pleasure!

Question for everybody, I am new to this forum but a long time fan. Any idea the timetable for OBH 2022 making it to nugs? Were they on nugs in 2018? like is there any precedent or was nugs not yet even playing MMJ back then?

Cameron

They were up right around my bday (5/17) iirc.

Lonndown27

Quote from: Come Closer on Mar 06, 2022, 09:16 PMYou don't like the song so it's dumb to open with it? Huh? Given the context and subject matter of the song it actually makes a whole lot of sense as the opening song.

Yeah man, sorry i Don't like the song. Think that corny main riff is kinda hilarious to be opening a show with...
It's not like I'm saying "fuck being Lucky to be Alive" hahahaha some attack on living hahah i just don't like the song, it's ok.

Lonndown27

i love that they didn't do Dondante....makes it special, plus it's been played so much, really. Time to reinvent it again.

sillyboob

Feel the same way.  Jim knows what's going on in the world.  We were all lucky to be there.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

mp377674

Quote from: Cameron on Mar 08, 2022, 12:59 AMThey were up right around my bday (5/17) iirc.

well thats not as quick as i'd hoped but good things come to those who wait

sillyboob

Quote from: mp377674 on Mar 08, 2022, 01:37 PM
Quote from: Cameron on Mar 08, 2022, 12:59 AMThey were up right around my bday (5/17) iirc.

well thats not as quick as i'd hoped but good things come to those who wait

If you haven't already picked up the other OBH live recordings, I highly recommend them.  Among the very best shows in the MMJ catalog.  Other great shows are up on nugs.net as well, among them the Capitol Theater shows from some years back.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.