Main Menu

OBH 2022

Started by CC, May 13, 2021, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooey

Next up: Dave and Tim.
Looks like at least another week for OBH.

https://daveandtimrivieramaya.com/

Zutroy

Quote from: Zooey on Jun 10, 2021, 02:50 PMNext up: Dave and Tim.
Looks like at least another week for OBH.

https://daveandtimrivieramaya.com/

Yeah. Saw that. Pricing looks about the same as Phish so I guess that's what we should expect for Jacket. 💰 😅

walterfredo

Quote from: Zutroy on Jun 10, 2021, 06:47 PMYeah. Saw that. Pricing looks about the same as Phish so I guess that's what we should expect for Jacket. 💰 😅

slightly less, but yeah. I just looked and the 4-person package we got for phish is about $1K less for this. Hard to say, but I'd guess OBH pricing will be similar to this Dave/Tim thing.

walterfredo

sounds like the details are coming Monday

m0strils

I noticed that Dave's fan club had first dibs on rooms.  Since there is no more roll call, I am guessing that it will just roll in to the Alumni and then general sale?  I guess what I am asking is there a post roll-call fanclub that I am not aware of?  :cool:  :drum:

Hope this is as much fun as the hard rock shows!

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: m0strils on Jun 11, 2021, 02:41 PMI noticed that Dave's fan club had first dibs on rooms.  Since there is no more roll call, I am guessing that it will just roll in to the Alumni and then general sale?

Will there be an alumni sale?

I've been to all four OBHs but I don't expect any presales whatsoever, especially with the change from cloud 9 to CID.

walterfredo

I doubt it too. I don't remember ever having alumni sale? Am I wrong about that? Only been to OBH2, but don't recall ever receiving any sort of alumni presale after.

Zutroy

Cloud9 does time-based presale windows and nontransferable codes for alumni. It's a better fairer system than CID's. They did it for at least OBH 3 and 4.

The issue with the new company is that the alumni list is likely proprietary so it depends on what the band's contract with Cloud9 says and whether there is a way to get that data into the CID system. I sort of doubt it is possible. But who knows.

Since CID has done prior events for jacket they could look to their lists for the NYE17 and 2019 shows. That would be imperfect but would be something. Either way I'm sure it will work out.

rkwedge

My opinion is that MMJ has a very loyal be it somewhat small (compared to bands like Phish) fanbase and I don't see them leaving us high and dry. I actually got ahold of CID to ask the very question and got this generic answer:

Ashley (Guest Services)

Jun 9, 2021, 13:39 EDT

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Details regarding One Big Holiday 2022, including pre-sale details, are forthcoming. Please stay tuned to mmjonebigholiday.com over the coming weeks for additional details including lineup, venue and package information.

As you notice she did mention presale which leads me to believe alumni will get first shot.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Zutroy

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 11, 2021, 05:39 PMMy opinion is that MMJ has a very loyal be it somewhat small (compared to bands like Phish) fanbase and I don't see them leaving us high and dry. I actually got ahold of CID to ask the very question and got this generic answer:

Ashley (Guest Services)

Really hope this is right. Her response is silent, and therefore ambiguous, as to what will get you a presale. Could be prior OBH attendance. Could be prior CID-jacket related activity. I hope it's the former. But good that they are trying to figure it out and have some kind of presale for the fans

Jun 9, 2021, 13:39 EDT

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us! Details regarding One Big Holiday 2022, including pre-sale details, are forthcoming. Please stay tuned to mmjonebigholiday.com over the coming weeks for additional details including lineup, venue and package information.

As you notice she did mention presale which leads me to believe alumni will get first shot.

She mentions a presale but it is a little ambiguous. It could be that they have the Cloud9 list. Or they could give presale codes to people who have done prior CID events. Or both. Good that they are doing something for fans though.

Cameron

Might just be for MMJ mailing list.

Zutroy

Excited for tomorrow's announcement! Curious who the undercard will be. Hoping for not the summer tour openers. Love the Fruit bats new album so that would be great. And Strand of Oaks would be sick.

walterfredo

I don't think Jim would be into also being party of an undercard band, but holy fuck a MoF reunion would be epic.

sillyboob

Quote from: Zutroy on Jun 13, 2021, 07:25 PMExcited for tomorrow's announcement! Curious who the undercard will be. Hoping for not the summer tour openers. Love the Fruit bats new album so that would be great. And Strand of Oaks would be sick.

I'm with Zutroy in hoping that the current tour openers aren't on the OBH bill.

We shall soon find out...
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

Clarkwork

If you click on Roll Call, one big holiday is listed there now.  Don't think that was the case before?
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

slappymoe

Quote from: Clarkwork on Jun 14, 2021, 09:52 AMIf you click on Roll Call, one big holiday is listed there now.  Don't think that was the case before?
i think you're right. 

been refreshing OBH page constantly.  unfortunately there's a chance this one might be more $$ than i'm willing to cough up, i need to know the details!

dustinrr

Personal wish list for the undercard: Mt. Joy, All Them Witches, The Marcus King Band, Bahamas

Blue sky wish list: Ben Howard, Lianne La Havas, King Gizzard, Sons of Kemet

I like Thundercat on Wilco's lineup, would also love to see a hip hop artist/group on this lineup.

dustinrr

rkwedge

Lord Huron, Brittany Howard, Black Pumas, PHJB, Sharron Van Etten, and Steel Pulse, says3 nights  :angry:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Cameron

Pass.  Those going have a blast!