2021 Tour

Started by SteamEngineWentWest, May 18, 2021, 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkervb

https://www.mymorningjacket.com/events

With Brittany Howard opening MPP, see yall at MPP
Don't you ever turn it off

MMJTX

WOO HOOOOO now we wait for that new album?!?!

pretty large break between Oregon and Alabama, wonder if they'll stop at ACL Weekend 2 and maybe do a few texas shows around then, would make sense for that long of a break between the Pacific NW down to the Southeast
Anytime

parkervb

tell ya right now, that Chicago run will be special. 3 day run at end of a tour with potentially 2 new albums of material?
Don't you ever turn it off

subinai

Quote from: MMJTX on May 18, 2021, 10:26 AMWOO HOOOOO now we wait for that new album?!?!

pretty large break between Oregon and Alabama, wonder if they'll stop at ACL Weekend 2 and maybe do a few texas shows around then, would make sense for that long of a break between the Pacific NW down to the Southeast

was about to post the same thing. heard a rumor that they are playing the new moody amphitheater in the waterloo park downtown in austin. surprised me because i thought they would be doing ACL. idk. we'll see! either way i'm excited about the momentum!

Varitek

Quote from: parkervb on May 18, 2021, 10:27 AMtell ya right now, that Chicago run will be special. 3 day run at end of a tour with potentially 2 new albums of material?

I don't think I will make it to this run but I agree with every bit of this statement.
"Did he just put on a cape?"

MMJTX

Just announced at Suwanee Hulaween one of the main headliners
Anytime

Kuma

Oh god, I legitimately want to go to...11 or 12 of these shows.

Derek713

Quote from: subinai on May 18, 2021, 10:29 AM
Quote from: MMJTX on May 18, 2021, 10:26 AMWOO HOOOOO now we wait for that new album?!?!

was about to post the same thing. heard a rumor that they are playing the new moody amphitheater in the waterloo park downtown in austin. surprised me because i thought they would be doing ACL. idk. we'll see! either way i'm excited about the momentum!

I hope this turns out to be true. I don't think I can make any of the dates they just released besides OBH.

slappymoe

Nothing for Louisville? :cry:

It's either/or for Chicago vs. OBH5 for me. Much rather spend the extra $$$ and party in Mexico.

ranyart

Chicago looks like the path we will take but it is unfortunate that Louisville didn't make it on the itinerary (at least so far).  Chicago is good for us because our two daughters live there (one is there now and the other is moving over this summer) so we'll have a place to stay which is a big help.  I would love to go to the Berkeley Greek show but that isn't happening and it's a risky time of the year to be playing outdoors in that part of the world in any case because of fire season.

Thanks for the announcements MMJ and looking forward to seeing everyone's smiling faces in Chicago!!!

gardenparty

Some great venues!  I'll be hitting Santa Barbara for sure.  BUT they have pretty strict noise ordinances, and strict curfew, so it will likely be a pretty tame show.  Hopefully the band plays a set tailored to that.

Saw them at the Greek in LA years ago and it was tough to fully immerse as the volume was so low.  Could hardly hear them in the back rows.  I much prefer to get my face melted by the jacket.

Cameron

I had the same thoughts/hopes about ACL. At least I'm going to Ohana if nothing else is added. Good to see some dates!

SteamEngineWentWest

Has anyone been to a concert on the lawn at McMenamins Edgefield? Curious what that venue is like.

ranyart

Quote from: gardenparty on May 18, 2021, 11:25 AMSome great venues!  I'll be hitting Santa Barbara for sure.  BUT they have pretty strict noise ordinances, and strict curfew, so it will likely be a pretty tame show.  Hopefully the band plays a set tailored to that.

Saw them at the Greek in LA years ago and it was tough to fully immerse as the volume was so low.  Could hardly hear them in the back rows.  I much prefer to get my face melted by the jacket.

I used to love outdoor shows.  There's nothing like seeing live rock and roll music under the light of the stars!  But then the too much fun police took over and started making rules like gardenparty mentions above which really put a damper on my desire for outdoor music in places where this is the case (which is pretty much everywhere we tend to go to shows).  They built not one but two brand new indoor/outdoor venues, one in downtown Cincinnati and the other right across the Ohio River in Newport KY, and I said at the time they were announced that these sorts of rules will make them less fun than they otherwise would be.  No music has happened at them yet for obvious reasons so I hope I'm wrong...

I just noticed that the show in New Orleans is on Halloween.  I bet that is going to be a fun night.  One of my favorite Jim moments was at the Monsters of Folk show in Louisville, which was also on Halloween, when the band came out after set break dressed as KISS and proceeded to play Detroit Rock City and Rock And Roll All Night.

Stevie

Glad i already decided against OBH.  Ill make the trip out to Charlotte for the first show and then drive an hour and a half down to chicago when the time comes. 

Come Closer

One of these years we'll get multiple nights at MPP

roffrs

Anyone have an estimate on trip package cost? Have these been a decent deal in the past?
Good luck comes from trying.

Come Closer

Quote from: parkervb on May 18, 2021, 10:27 AMtell ya right now, that Chicago run will be special. 3 day run at end of a tour with potentially 2 new albums of material?
I'm actually a little worried about what a bunch of new material will look like/sound like. But I know they'll do a good job of mixing in staples to keep it tight.