Main Menu

2021 Tour

Started by SteamEngineWentWest, May 18, 2021, 10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logan5ive

Quote from: RoffersLangdon on May 18, 2021, 12:11 PMAnyone have an estimate on trip package cost? Have these been a decent deal in the past?

It's hard to know how good of a deal it is since I don't see any ticket prices anywhere for any show, but the $1219 package seems like a good deal.

https://www.cidentertainment.com/events/my-morning-jacket/

LOVE & SOUND VIP PACKAGE
One (1) early entry general admission ticket or premium reserved ticket in the first 15 rows
Limited edition show-specific poster, signed and numbered by the poster artist
Exclusive My Morning Jacket x Osprey backpack*
My Morning Jacket earplugs and carrying case
Merchandise shopping opportunity before general doors
On-site event host
*Exact color will vary by show

Love & Sound VIP Package
$209 PRE SALE 5/19

TRAVEL PACKAGES
Three (3) night stay at the Hotel Essex Chicago (check-in 11/4; check-out 11/7)
Two (2) 3-night Love & Sound VIP Package tickets -OR- Two (2) 3-night Premium Reserved tickets
Two (2) My Morning Jacket travel package merchandise items
On-site event host
Please note, you must be 21+ to purchase a package and check in to the hotel.

3-night Hotel Essex Chicago Love & Sound VIP Travel Package for 2
Check-in 11/4; check-out 11/7 $2,019 PRE SALE 5/19
3-night Hotel Essex Chicago Premium Reserved Travel Package for 2
Check-in 11/4; check-out 11/7 $1,219 PRE SALE 5/19
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

ranyart

I just checked out Hotel Essex and rooms during that time frame run $220/night or $240/night with a city view so I agree $1219 or $2019/VIP is a pretty good deal.  The venue is a couple of blocks away and the hotel is right on Michigan Av across from Grant Park which is an excellent location.

logan5ive

I looked at other hotels within walking distance and you might be able to snag a room for 3 nights for $400-$500. It comes down to the price of a ticket and the fact that VIP will have the best tickets.

Looks like Chicago tix should be ~$75 based on the difference between the 2 travel packages. So, that puts the $1,219 package about at cost, but gets you "premium" tickets.

Getting a hotel and tickets on your own...you'd pay less but you probably won't be able to get great seats for all 3 shows.
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

Jackets N Pones

Wow great catch re the gap between Oregon and Alabama. When do y'all think the ACL lineup will be revealed?
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

APR

This news is so great!!!!!!!

There is an interesting break in October.  I'd love it if those Austin rumors came true.  I have always wanted to go there.  And if they add a Vegas show, that would be amazing too.

sabretoothcowboy

So, the VIP thing for the multi-nighters is kind of funky. How does it work if you want more than one ticket together per night? Do you have to double all the goodies or can you just add an extra standard ticket and will seats be together? Not really clear.

Hopefully there will be an option for all 3 nights - tickets only.

kyle_s9

As a Canadian, I'm crying because I have no idea what kind of quarantine regulations will be in effect when the time comes.
I can't afford a 2 week quarantine when I return to Canada, so I can't commit to buying a ticket when they go on sale :(

BigHerm

"Early entry GA ticket"

Does that mean I don't have to camp outside the theatre all day? Trying to find the justification for the $2000 package

downdownyoubringmedown

[/quote]
I'm actually a little worried about what a bunch of new material will look like/sound like. But I know they'll do a good job of mixing in staples to keep it tight.
[/quote]

If I was a betting man I'd say we don't get any new material (or new album drop) during this tour. I think this is a chance to get back out on the road, play a few Waterfall II tunes, and fill some coffers as these seem to be the sure-thing go-to venues/festivals for MMJ. Fingers crossed I am wrong and we get a new album between now and August!

sabretoothcowboy

From the looks of it, it seems like the pre-sale for the multi-night shows is only the VIP/travel packages. Makes sense, I guess. People dropping the big bucks get first dibs. Seems kind of unfair though. It gives people traveling first crack over actual Chicagoans.

ChiefOKONO

Great news of a full tour.  Unfortunately there isn't a show in my city but I cannot complain and hopefully i'll be able to make one close by at least....

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: kyle_s9 on May 18, 2021, 02:28 PMAs a Canadian, I'm crying because I have no idea what kind of quarantine regulations will be in effect when the time comes.
I can't afford a 2 week quarantine when I return to Canada, so I can't commit to buying a ticket when they go on sale :(

Typically, CID packages are transferable so you could buy tix, keep your fingers crossed, and in the unlikely event that restrictions ate still in place you could probably easily sell your ticket/package for cost.

dookie shoot bandit

I'm actually a little worried about what a bunch of new material will look like/sound like. But I know they'll do a good job of mixing in staples to keep it tight.
[/quote]

If I was a betting man I'd say we don't get any new material (or new album drop) during this tour. I think this is a chance to get back out on the road, play a few Waterfall II tunes, and fill some coffers as these seem to be the sure-thing go-to venues/festivals for MMJ. Fingers crossed I am wrong and we get a new album between now and August!
[/quote]

From the words of each of the the band members, they said they were not going to release new album until they can tour, so with that said... my guess is new album news is COMING SOON!! 🙏🤞 and my guess would be late July or August release.

mb34

Quote from: SteamEngineWentWest on May 18, 2021, 11:54 AMHas anyone been to a concert on the lawn at McMenamins Edgefield? Curious what that venue is like.
Edgefield is great. I've seen several shows there (Jacket twice, Panic, Wilco, Lizzo, Ray LaMontagne with Jacket boys backing). Nice little natural amphitheater surrounded by trees about 20 minutes from Portland. It's run by McMenamins, which is a local chain of breweries and hotels - they revive old buildings into funky, fun spaces with an ecclectic hippy vibe. Edgefield has hotel rooms (likely sold out by now for that night but maybe worth a shot), several different restaurants, a movie theatre, a bunch of great little bars on the property, a par-3 golf course, a saltwater soaking pool and spa. There are gardens and a winery, distillery and brewery on site. Basically an adult playground.

Very excited for that show, as well as Bend and Berkeley, and maybe Seattle. It's gonna be a good tour :)

robb

Quote from: BigHerm on May 18, 2021, 03:05 PM"Early entry GA ticket"

Does that mean I don't have to camp outside the theatre all day? Trying to find the justification for the $2000 package

camping is like half the fun though...
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

kyle_s9

Quote from: unravelled on May 18, 2021, 05:01 PM
Quote from: kyle_s9 on May 18, 2021, 02:28 PMAs a Canadian, I'm crying because I have no idea what kind of quarantine regulations will be in effect when the time comes.

Typically, CID packages are transferable so you could buy tix, keep your fingers crossed, and in the unlikely event that restrictions ate still in place you could probably easily sell your ticket/package for cost.

True. I guess I could get a ticket and hope I can sell if I can't go.

jmoney

Do you need to have a login for tickets and/or VIP?

ranyart

We discussed the 2021 tour this evening and came up with The Plan.  The more we look at the current itinerary the more shows we want to go to, which is seriously good fun considering we have been waiting since 2017 for this and the virus mess we are working through right now.

I wish all of you the best of luck in your quest for tickets, and I hope all of the ticket bots and other scalping scum find a warm place in hell to distract them while we get this done.  Peace and love, and see you soon!

YouEnjoyMyself

Halloween in New Orleans could be a "hoot". I remember see them at jazz fest back in the day which was great but those festival shows are during the day/afternoon which I less prefer but rumor was Jim and Crew were going to show up for a late night meeting at the legendary Preservation Hall to play with the boys. Tiny place couldn't get in but listened from outside. Around 1:00am Jim leads a second line down the street as we all marched to the French Quarter. That was a special night. 

Gotmewrong6686

Does anyone know where the Chicago tickets will go on sale? They're not listed on TM with the other shows. Is the Auditorium Theatre selling them on their site?