Roll Call - Chicago, IL (Nov 4-6)

Started by RobRoy286, May 21, 2021, 07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobRoy286

Quote from: rizznizzy on Oct 30, 2021, 04:11 PMHey guys, looking for a single ticket for Friday in Chicago and 1-2 for Saturday.   Thank you in advance...
There are still a few balcony seats on the venue website if you're interested in those.

mdgsolo

I can't believe there are any tickets left to these shows

tdb810

1. RobRoy286
2. robb
3. Rob (unravelled)+5
4. Betsy & Kurt for all three nights, and the kids are coming Saturday!
5. JaOlen554
6. Bulldog and the Mrs
7. tpitch14 +1
8. Chieftokenpuff6 & Mrs Chieftokenpuff6
9. BH
10. Crispy
11. Justbcuzido + Texas crew!
12. WeBackUp + various pals (all 3 nights)
13. Angelo +1
14. GO4IT and Ms GO4IT
15. jttouch2 + 2
16. Mike from Canada (ToysRMike) + 1
17. APR
18. MPP
19. MateoDeKY +1
20. ericm
21. Santo+1
22. johnnyyac
23. mahg33tah
24. Millerjustin & the Mrs.
25. slappymoe + 2
26. CHIMMJFAN
27. Devil Ledbetter
28. DirtyPancho +2
29. YimYodd <3 Yuls
30. MyMorningSweatshirt + 1
31. ATK1 + Mrs. ATK1! Can't Wait!
32. dcfire [all 3 nights]
33. 7thsun
34. mdgsolo + No 1 (..possibly the ghost of Walter Payton)
35. tdb810 + 8bobbyb !  NEED TIX FOR FRI AND SAT if anyone has any leads!
.....Back at the Model Home

MOWJO8185

Do we have confirmed tapers for all 3 nights? Please? Please?

WickedMessenger

1. RobRoy286
2. robb
3. Rob (unravelled)+5
4. Betsy & Kurt for all three nights, and the kids are coming Saturday!
5. JaOlen554
6. Bulldog and the Mrs
7. tpitch14 +1
8. Chieftokenpuff6 & Mrs Chieftokenpuff6
9. BH
10. Crispy
11. Justbcuzido + Texas crew!
12. WeBackUp + various pals (all 3 nights)
13. Angelo +1
14. GO4IT and Ms GO4IT
15. jttouch2 + 2
16. Mike from Canada (ToysRMike) + 1
17. APR
18. MPP
19. MateoDeKY +1
20. ericm
21. Santo+1
22. johnnyyac
23. mahg33tah
24. Millerjustin & the Mrs.
25. slappymoe + 2
26. CHIMMJFAN
27. Devil Ledbetter
28. DirtyPancho +2
29. YimYodd <3 Yuls
30. MyMorningSweatshirt + 1
31. ATK1 + Mrs. ATK1! Can't Wait!
32. dcfire [all 3 nights]
33. 7thsun
34. mdgsolo + No 1 (..possibly the ghost of Walter Payton)
35. tdb810 + 8bobbyb !  NEED TIX FOR FRI AND SAT if anyone has any leads!
36. WickedMessenger + 1

Coming in from San Diego CA hope we're on time for tomorrow night's start!

Jackets N Pones

What a list! Y'all have fun tonight and don't forget to yell out the "HUH!" with Jim during never in the real world!

Never in the real world
Never could I see
Never in the real world
Was it ever up to me
Never in the real world, HUH!

and

Only in the night time, baby
Never in the day
Only in the darkness could I ever find my way
Never in the real world
Never in the real world, HUH!
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

rkwedge

Everybody have fun the next 3 nights, I know you're in for an epic run of shows here and wish I could be there. Rock On and keep us updated!  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

RobRoy286

Absolutely unreal first night. Venue is amazing, crowd was great. The Tennessee Fire tracks at the end were so so so nice.

Oh and you're gonna wanna hear this Where to Begin as well.

ericm

Quote from: RobRoy286 on Nov 05, 2021, 08:39 AMAbsolutely unreal first night. Venue is amazing, crowd was great. The Tennessee Fire tracks at the end were so so so nice.

Yes indeed. They absolutely crushed it last night. We were saying it seemed song after song was the best version of that song we've ever seen. They were honestly that great last night.

Loved the venue and it was a great crowd. Loud, into it and giving love right back to the band but also (at least where we were) respectful and quiet during the songs like I Will Be There When You Die. No awful nonstop chatter,  and had me flashing back to night 1 at T5 when everyone was so into it you could've heard a pin drop in there during some of those tunes.

Agreed about Where To Begin but I think everyone is gonna want to hear every song from last night. As good as WTB was,and it was great, I think the whole show is worthy of the same praise. Can't wait to hear a recording of it.

Just a fantastic night all around and thrilled we get to do it two more times! :beer: 
"Where's Jim going?"

searchinbig

Quote from: ericm on Nov 05, 2021, 08:55 AM
Quote from: RobRoy286 on Nov 05, 2021, 08:39 AMAbsolutely unreal first night. Venue is amazing, crowd was great. The Tennessee Fire tracks at the end were so so so nice.

Yes indeed. They absolutely crushed it last night. We were saying it seemed song after song was the best version of that song we've ever seen. They were honestly that great last night.

Loved the venue and it was a great crowd. Loud, into it and giving love right back to the band but also (at least where we were) respectful and quiet during the songs like I Will Be There When You Die. No awful nonstop chatter,  and had me flashing back to night 1 at T5 when everyone was so into it you could've heard a pin drop in there during some of those tunes.

Agreed about Where To Begin but I think everyone is gonna want to hear every song from last night. As good as WTB was,and it was great, I think the whole show is worthy of the same praise. Can't wait to hear a recording of it.

Just a fantastic night all around and thrilled we get to do it two more times! :beer: 

Thanks for the update guys!! Can only imagine what the next 2 nights hold in store for you!!

Eric, I agree about TTF T5. Had a tear in my eye up on the balcony standing over Jim singing IWBTWYD. Good crowd.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

AKS

Still trying to get my bearings from that It's About Twilight Now!! HOLY SHIT!

Penny For Your Thoughts rocked every bit as expected! That had to be a 7 minute Where to Begin! That was so incredibly beautiful!

Boy, I hope we had some tapers in the house! We are in for more goodies these next two nights!!

Woody

Please put some of these shows up on Nugs!

MOWJO8185

Oh shit guys - Alex Leary is recording the Chicago shows. His tapes are always pristine.

https://archive.org/details/mmj2021-11-04.leary/mmj2021-11-04.vwmule.t01.flac

dexter

What a show. Rocked the pit and there were a lot of other folks getting down. What a great venue, reminds me a bit of the beacon theater , but I like it better. Brought a friend for his first ever and he loved it, (how could he not though, what a beautiful performance, heavy ttf songs and overall vibe, feel like tonight gonna be more dancy maybe?) we're ready for night 2!

Was there allmans tease at one point? Did anyone see the side box full of mike  ditkas ? Lol. Staff seamed chill, nice, but there was no good pace to spark one... kinda agree with the above poster where it felt like every version of each song belonged in the best ever category discussion. What a great!

parkervb

me this morning on not coming to these shows:
Don't you ever turn it off

dexter

Quote from: parkervb on Nov 05, 2021, 11:17 AMme this morning on not coming to these shows:

This has a beacon 15 feel to it in the early going.

ranyart

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Nov 05, 2021, 10:49 AMOh shit guys - Alex Leary is recording the Chicago shows. His tapes are always pristine.

Listening now and the recording is perfect!  Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the rest of the shows from this run.  Last night was amazing hard to put into words other than to say the boys are on fire!!!

ranyart

Quote from: dexter on Nov 05, 2021, 11:06 AMDid anyone see the side box full of mike  ditkas ? Lol.

We were sitting on the floor right below them and they were cracking us up all night!

Did Bo have a Bears hat on?

bkbroiler

Quote from: ranyart on Nov 05, 2021, 11:51 AM
Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Nov 05, 2021, 10:49 AMOh shit guys - Alex Leary is recording the Chicago shows. His tapes are always pristine.

Listening now and the recording is perfect!  Thanks for sharing and looking forward to the rest of the shows from this run.  Last night was amazing hard to put into words other than to say the boys are on fire!!!

Thanks for sharing this amazing recording! Love hearing the crowd react to the disco ball after those shaky knees on steam engine. Looked awesome up in the balcony.

dlweiss2

My first show in 6 years. Also, was the last Chicago show the three night run in 2015?