Roll Call - Charlotte, NC 8/27

Started by MMJTX, May 24, 2021, 11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: parkervb on Aug 27, 2021, 02:22 PMtonight's poster, 435 total

Looks like a similar style to the last Forest Hills poster. Very nice!

MMJTX

VBGB Beer Garden next door looks like the spot
Anytime

Zutroy

Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 27, 2021, 04:05 PMVBGB Beer Garden next door looks like the spot
Yep. There after the sound check. Enjoying a big Marzen. 

MMJTX

I heard Run It and what sounded like a new song during Sound Check
Really really hope we get Run It tonight but now I'm nervous lol
Anytime

klegel

Anyone know if the show is being streamed live anywhere tonight? Can't find anything.

hoojack

Quote from: Zutroy on Aug 27, 2021, 05:29 PM
Quote from: MMJTX on Aug 27, 2021, 04:05 PMVBGB Beer Garden next door looks like the spot
Yep. There after the sound check. Enjoying a big Marzen. 

How's the crowd? Had a slow exit from work and dropping the kid off at grandmas. 

parkervb

Soundcheck per FB

Compound
RSP (new single)
Feel You
Spring
Run It
New song Lucky to be Alive
My Sweet Lord
Climbing the ladder
Spinning
Wasted
Don't you ever turn it off

ranyart

hoojack

Beautiful night. Train just blew its whistle letting us know it's time to go

Lonndown27

Just heard the debut of Lucky to be Alive

Ehhhh
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Lonndown27

(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Bulldog

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

MMJCOBRA

A truly historic show!!

SEVEN live debuts and the remainder of the set was all killer. Love Lay Low in the encore spot!!

Wasted is as epic as I had hoped and Climbing the Ladder has a great sexy funky groove that is particularly unique.

RobRoy286

Nikkogino

So any videos of Lucky to be Alive or Wasted?

Also I am so fucking glad they are embracing the WF2 songs on this tour.  I hope to one day see Wasted or Feel You on tour.

MMJTX

Well that was an incredible night of rocknroll! They absolutely crushed it.
RSP was great opener and enjoyed it hearing it live, definitely knew it was going to be the opener once they released it this week so no surprise but enjoyed it

Feel You was VERY good, don't get me wrong but Run It was even more fantastic live I think since the whole crowd could sing along

Lucky To Be Alive was, I thought, a bit cheesy to begin, but all of the sudden it turned into one of the most absolute heaters I've ever heard/seen the boys play

Another amazing Dondante, unlike any I've heard, and Jim was singing the lyrics to Where to Begin in it which was hard for me to determine at first but I was shocked when I realized it. Never thought I'd see them perform it live and although it wasn't a proper version of it, it was meaningful to hear

Wasted was of course the huge banger we all knew it would be, will be a treat to see at any show!

Getting Lay Low in the encore seemed like just the whip cream, cherries, fudge, etc on top of an already great night, I thought to myself "geez guys y'all didn't have to do THIS too!"

I apologize, I'm not a great writer but just wanted to share a few thoughts, I believe that was my 16th jacket show and it will for sure hold a special spot in my favorites
Anytime