Roll Call - Alpharetta, GA (9/3)

Started by easy way, May 26, 2021, 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easy way

1. easy way + Mrs. easy way (aka: Windeon) + the kid
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

chieftokenpuff6

2. Chieftokenpuff6

Pesh

Anyone need tickets? I have 3 orchestra GA up for grabs

jttouch2

2. jttouch2 + Dad - Roo cancellation sucks but we're making up for it.

neilgamb

So had to evacuate from New Orleans for Ida and completely blanked on grabbing my two hard orchestra tickets before I left. 

I have tried reaching out to TicketsToday customer service but haven't heard anything back yet?

Anyone know if I'm able to just show up early to the box office to have them reprint?  It's been impossible to reach anyone at TicketsToday...

can't miss this show so willing to drive back to Nola to get tix but reallllly would like to avoid that.

CountSA

Quote from: neilgamb on Aug 31, 2021, 08:29 PMSo had to evacuate from New Orleans for Ida and completely blanked on grabbing my two hard orchestra tickets before I left. 

I have tried reaching out to TicketsToday customer service but haven't heard anything back yet?

Anyone know if I'm able to just show up early to the box office to have them reprint?  It's been impossible to reach anyone at TicketsToday...

can't miss this show so willing to drive back to Nola to get tix but reallllly would like to avoid that.

I would try calling the venue box office.

MMJCOBRA

In lieu of Bonnaroo, I now get to see MMJ in 3 days instead of four!

ellisintransit

2. Chieftokenpuff6
3. unravelled
4. ellisintransit

My top 2 at Bonnaroo were MMJ and Brittany Howard so I'm joining the pit fun in Alpharetta now to dull the pain. 

parkervb

sorry friends - moved to 9/13, someone in the crew/band got covid

https://mymorningjacket.com/news/299887

anyone going to shows next week should be keeping an eye on this situation as well.
Don't you ever turn it off

AKS

Well, pivoting from Bonnaroo down to Alpharetta was a bad call, eh! This has officially been the worst concert week I have ever had!  I'm going to curl up into a ball and weep!

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 02, 2021, 12:02 PMsorry friends - moved to 9/13, someone in the crew/band got covid

anyone going to shows next week should be keeping an eye on this situation as well.

Jbpats

Quote from: parkervb on Sep 02, 2021, 12:02 PMsorry friends - moved to 9/13, someone in the crew/band got covid

I just ask that they make the announcement for next weeks shows sooner than the day before. The wording of the announcement makes the band seem somewhat careless. If the crew member tested earlier in the week they should have given fans more notice. Some people have started traveling and can't cancel hotels now.
I have until Wednesday to cancel my hotels for Forest Hills, but I am thinking of just cancelling now and rebooking later in the week.. even though it will cost me a ton more to do that.
Damned if you do damned if you don't.

MMJCOBRA

AKS

I thought the exact same thing!!! Tested positive earlier in the week and we're finding out about it now!!! WTF is that!

quote author=Jbpats link=msg=404680 date=1630600137]

I just ask that they make the announcement for next weeks shows sooner than the day before. The wording of the announcement makes the band seem somewhat careless. If the crew member tested earlier in the week they should have given fans more notice. Some people have started traveling and can't cancel hotels now.
I have until Wednesday to cancel my hotels for Forest Hills, but I am thinking of just cancelling now and rebooking later in the week.. even though it will cost me a ton more to do that.
Damned if you do damned if you don't.
[/quote]

ranyart

https://concerts.livenation.com/event/0E005AAE9CBD2824

What a mess!  Live Nation is still selling tickets and showing 9/3 on their website.  I would imagine part of any delays in announcing this change are related to getting a date to reschedule the show, not to mention working out all of the logistics necessary to make this change work.

My heart goes out to all of you Jacketeers that had Alpharetta and Bonnaroo on their calendars.  We almost had ourselves talked into a road trip to see this show...

parkervb

i agree with ranyart that its very likely they didn't want to make the announcement without having a date rescheduled to share. Also, in their defense, they may have also just found out. They make a point to say the band and crew are vaccinated but it was a member of the "touring party" that tested positive. So, I imagine everyone is isolating until testing is complete and then we may know if dates next week are in danger.
Don't you ever turn it off

Mr. White

Hoping all the shows still happen for all planning to attend. Since this ramp up of the new variant has ruined a lot of plans around the country, I was very worried the Railbird Festival might have to cancel (got lucky and got to go), but I'm still not very confident the November 2nd show in St. Louis will still happen (we've got some good seats and two nights reserved at a downtown hotel for a little vacation). I did purchase the "insurance" to make it easier to get a refund if need be.

Keep Hope Alive!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ranyart

Ponder this thought for a moment...

Imagine that Bonnaroo didn't get flooded out and cancelled with everyone getting their money returned (hopefully).  MMJ getting caught in the Covid-19 trap would have forced them to pull out of the show anyway.  No doubt MMJ not being able to make it would be enough to get any sort of refund, so ironically the flood is probably the best possible outcome for diehard MMJ fans.

gardenparty

Wishing i hadn't bought tickets for this tour. 

All these bands hitting the road probably jumped the gun a bit. Understandable from their perspective, but what a mess. 

And no "blanket" tour postponements in site puts all ticket holders in a very risky spot, with no refund options. :cry:

Taterbug

Maybe the band could extend an olive branch to the fans by releasing the new album digitally tomorrow.  Just a middle aged man pondering  :bath:
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: ranyart on Sep 02, 2021, 01:51 PMPonder this thought for a moment...

Imagine that Bonnaroo didn't get flooded out and cancelled with everyone getting their money returned (hopefully).  MMJ getting caught in the Covid-19 trap would have forced them to pull out of the show anyway.  No doubt MMJ not being able to make it would be enough to get any sort of refund, so ironically the flood is probably the best possible outcome for diehard MMJ fans.

This is the only silver lining. I couldn't enjoy Roo if I found out MMJ cancelled after I set up.