Any 2021 New Year’s Run Rumors?

Started by Varitek, Jun 18, 2021, 11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Varitek

Fall Tour. OBH in March. No Colorado Dates. I have nothing to base this on but a New Year's Eve Run seems like a reasonable thing to consider. Any thoughts?
"Did he just put on a cape?"

walterfredo

I think all signs/rumors point toward NYE run at the mission ballroom in Denver.

Varitek

Just the response I had hoped for Walter  :thumbsup:

slappymoe

Quote from: Varitek on Jun 18, 2021, 11:00 PMFall Tour. OBH in March. No Colorado Dates.
nothing announced for louisville either.  i continue to cling to hope for a hometown NYE run.

gotta give louisville something. it's been 5 years. a festival set in lexington just doesn't cut it.

Varitek

A Louisville run would be wonderful as well. I am ready to travel to wherever the Boys feel like closing out 2021

SciFidelity

Quote from: slappymoe on Jun 19, 2021, 07:30 AM
Quote from: Varitek on Jun 18, 2021, 11:00 PMFall Tour. OBH in March. No Colorado Dates.
nothing announced for louisville either.  i continue to cling to hope for a hometown NYE run.

gotta give louisville something. it's been 5 years. a festival set in lexington just doesn't cut it.

I'm predicting we will get Forecastle next year. With the festival date change, they'll want something big to sell it. If its Forecastle or nothing, I'll take Forecastle. But outside those Iroquois shows, its been over a decade since a proper, non-fest set. The Palace or even the YUM Center would be perfect for a multi night NYE run.
06/17/23, 06/23/23, 06/24/23, 08/20/23, 11/07/23, 11/09/23, 11/10/23, 11/11/2023

Cameron

Makes sense. They're gonna wait for OBH to sell a lot of rooms before they announce anything.

Just booked a trip to see Ween at mission ballroom. Good venue?

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: SciFidelity on Jun 19, 2021, 11:46 AM

I'm predicting we will get Forecastle next year. With the festival date change, they'll want something big to sell it. If its Forecastle or nothing, I'll take Forecastle. But outside those Iroquois shows, its been over a decade since a proper, non-fest set. The Palace or even the YUM Center would be perfect for a multi night NYE run.

Didn't they do a two night run around the release of the Waterfall?  Regardless, your point is still valid.

slappymoe

Quote from: unravelled on Jun 21, 2021, 05:41 PM

Didn't they do a two night run around the release of the Waterfall?  Regardless, your point is still valid.
"Those Iroquois shows" were the two night run.  Seems like a lifetime ago.

DaydreamNation

Quote from: slappymoe on Jun 22, 2021, 10:18 AM
Quote from: unravelled on Jun 21, 2021, 05:41 PM

"Those Iroquois shows" were the two night run.  Seems like a lifetime ago.
I'm with ya in hoping for Louisville NYE but they did two special shows at Headliners right when Waterfall came out. By the Iroquois shows the record had been out over a year I believe

I'll probably shell out for CO if that's where the NYE shows are but with family to visit at the holidays in KY, Louisville sure would be convenient!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

MMJCOBRA

Thanks to your user name, I can't get the idea of......

My Morning Jacket performing Daydream Nation in full!!! 

I think mind would literally explode!! :cheesy:

ranyart

Assuming this happens that puts the first show on Wednesday December 29, NYE show on Friday, and travel home on Saturday most likely.  Vacation is booked with work so all set there (and was last year too for the same reason).  Time to start looking at flights...

ranyart

Varitek

ranyart

String Cheese Incident announced a NYE run in Chicago, so no Colorado conflict with them...

https://www.stringcheeseincident.com/news_items/nye-in-chicago-announced/

MMJTX

now that OBH full lineup is out there, rooms look to be nearly sold out. I would think that IF Jacket is going to do NYE, announcement would come within the next 2-3 weeks?
Anytime

jttouch2

Mission Ballroom 29-31 officially announced!

MMJTX

Anytime

rkwedge

Yay!  I can't wait to see who "Special Guests" are.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

Varitek

Yessss!!!!!

walterfredo with the wisdom once again..