Vaccine required for Chicago, NOLA, Denver?!!????

Started by Tjefferson, Aug 16, 2021, 11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjefferson

I was extremely disturbed to see that they will only accept proof of vaccine for entry into the Chicago, Denver, and New Orleans shows.

I have tickets to Chicago but will not be going anymore if this is going to be enforced.  This is completely unacceptable and a deal breaker for me.  They've lost a fan over this.  I've been a fan since 2005 and haven't seen them in years but this is unbelievable.

If anyone from MMJ is reading this, please change this policy or you've lost a long time fan forever.

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

MMJCOBRA

Quote from: Tjefferson on Aug 16, 2021, 11:32 PMI was extremely disturbed to see that they will only accept proof of vaccine for entry into the Chicago, Denver, and New Orleans shows.

I have tickets to Chicago but will not be going anymore if this is going to be enforced.  This is completely unacceptable and a deal breaker for me.  They've lost a fan over this.  I've been a fan since 2005 and haven't seen them in years but this is unbelievable.

If anyone from MMJ is reading this, please change this policy or you've lost a long time fan forever.

Your choice. But FYI, all LIVENATION venues will have the same requirement of vax only.

Great decision IMO.

Tjefferson

What is so great about the decision?  Why not require only negative tests since vaccinated people can still contract and spread the virus?  What about people who have already been infected and have natural immunity?  What about people who can't get the vaccine for medical reasons?  What about people who can't get the vaccine for personal or religious reasons?

Does none of that matter to you because you got the vaccine?

What is so great about having to provide personal medical information prior to entering a concert?  You don't see anything wrong with this?

Again, this policy is POINTLESS if vaccinated people can still contract and spread the virus.  Where is the common sense?  Or is Chicago, MMJ and others trying to leverage a concert (of which I have already purchased tickets) to force me into a medical procedure!?!  Not going to happen.

Pineapple

Quote from: Tjefferson on Aug 17, 2021, 07:46 AMWhat is so great about the decision?  Why not require only negative tests since vaccinated people can still contract and spread the virus?  What about people who have already been infected and have natural immunity?  What about people who can't get the vaccine for medical reasons?  What about people who can't get the vaccine for personal or religious reasons?

Does none of that matter to you because you got the vaccine?

What is so great about having to provide personal medical information prior to entering a concert?  You don't see anything wrong with this?

Again, this policy is POINTLESS if vaccinated people can still contract and spread the virus.  Where is the common sense?  Or is Chicago, MMJ and others trying to leverage a concert (of which I have already purchased tickets) to force me into a medical procedure!?!  Not going to happen.

Don't let the door hit ya on your way out.
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

parkervb

tbh here folks, showing recent negative tests (less than 3 days, should probably be 2 days) is probably a better safety approach overall even for folks who have had vaccinations. I know several people with breakthrough cases that would have normally been admitted to a show based on their vax status but could still possibly (less likely, I know) still spread covid. Let's not pile on here bc that's exactly how we've ended up so polarized.

i've been vaccinated for months now, but I respect people's decision to wait for a full FDA approval as long as those people get tested before going out to big gatherings & wear a mask. At this point, I think this is a flawed decision but one the band made with the best intentions.

Don't you ever turn it off

Tjefferson

parkervb, I appreciate the respectful response. 

A friend of the family who was fully vaccinated just spent three days in the hospital.  People with the vaccine can still get and spread it.  This is a fact.

Seems this policy is more about someone's political agenda to inspire people to get vaccinated and less about the health of those in attendance or respecting personal health decisions of those in attendance.  I'm really disappointed.

Pineapple

The band definitely has an agenda... They want to play shows, and the only way for shows and other large gatherings to consistently happen is if a large enough portion of the general public gets vaccinated.

It amazes me how so many people think that trying to prevent preventable deaths is somehow a political agenda.
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

parkervb

(small clarification on my post - I think the decision to not allow people with recent negative tests is flawed, not the decision to implement safety measures)
Don't you ever turn it off

austinpsychnut

Quote from: Tjefferson on Aug 17, 2021, 08:50 AMparkervb, I appreciate the respectful response. 

A friend of the family who was fully vaccinated just spent three days in the hospital.  People with the vaccine can still get and spread it.  This is a fact.

Seems this policy is more about someone's political agenda to inspire people to get vaccinated and less about the health of those in attendance or respecting personal health decisions of those in attendance.  I'm really disappointed.

This band is sharing a room with thousands of strangers every other night for months in the middle of a global pandemic. We already saw what this pandemic can do to the live music/entertainment industry. Do you give two shits how COVID left the band with so many questions about their future last year? If one member of the band comes down with COVID, that's two weeks of dates gone, that's best case scenario. Not willing to get a vaccine or negative COVID test? Then, you're not welcome. Plain and simple. No reason to jeopardize an entire tour for a few bad apples not willing to do the bare minimum during a pandemic.
"The music is killing me, the high and low fidelities are attacking my brain, and it's terrific."

Cameron

If their agenda is to inspire people to get vaccinated then I love them even more.

Tjefferson

Pineapple, why is a negative test not acceptable for you?  Why the obsession with the vaccine?

austinpsychnut, if you read the original post or my other replies, I asked why a negative Covid test wasn't acceptable.  Requiring a negative Covid test for all, regardless of vaccination status is the safest option.  Yet, that is off the table (for Chicago, etc).  Why?

Cameron

Is that a band decision or a local decision?

Tjefferson

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 17, 2021, 09:47 AMIs that a band decision or a local decision?

It's not clear... but I'm guessing heavily influenced locally with some level of sign off from the band

Cameron

In nola every indoor venue requires proof of vaccination. It has nothing to do with the band.

austinpsychnut

Quote from: Tjefferson on Aug 17, 2021, 09:36 AMPineapple, why is a negative test not acceptable for you?  Why the obsession with the vaccine?

austinpsychnut, if you read the original post or my other replies, I asked why a negative Covid test wasn't acceptable.  Requiring a negative Covid test for all, regardless of vaccination status is the safest option.  Yet, that is off the table (for Chicago, etc).  Why?

What do you think is more likely:
The band sat around and picked 3 random venues off their tour to single out OR they are adhering to city/venue/local requirements? I think a reasonable person would assume the latter of options is most likely.

Last year the band missed out on an entire year of what's left of their prime and now they are doing what it takes to make a live tour happen. This is bigger than you or me.
"The music is killing me, the high and low fidelities are attacking my brain, and it's terrific."

mdgsolo

What's with the obsession with NOT getting vaccinated?

Woody

Quote from: austinpsychnut on Aug 17, 2021, 02:20 PM
Quote from: Tjefferson on Aug 17, 2021, 09:36 AMPineapple, why is a negative test not acceptable for you?  Why the obsession with the vaccine?

What do you think is more likely:
The band sat around and picked 3 random venues off their tour to single out OR they are adhering to city/venue/local requirements? I think a reasonable person would assume the latter of options is most likely.

Last year the band missed out on an entire year of what's left of their prime and now they are doing what it takes to make a live tour happen. This is bigger than you or me.

Amen

ranyart

https://www.auditoriumtheatre.org/your-visit/safety/

Looks like in the case of the MMJ shows in Chicago it is the band making the request for everyone to be vaccinated rather than the venue.

ranyart

As to the choice between getting jabbed or not it was and is very simple for me.  I understand that the vaccine is not 100% effective against protecting people from getting sick and transmitting the virus to others (no vaccine is), but it is almost 100% effective against getting sick and dying from this virus in all of its forms.  That's a big deal.  I don't want to get sick and spend time in any hospital only to eventually die, especially from this damn virus.  We just lost the 53 year old mother of one of our daughter's best friends (visitation was Saturday) after she had been in the ICU for two months.  She refused to get vaccinated and sadly she paid the price, and her daughters also still (!) refuse to get vaccinated even after watching what happened to their mother (one of her daughters was the person who originally gave her covid in the fist place - how do you think she feels).  And I also want to spend time with my parents and other folks all of whom are vaccinated as well and literally won't hang out with folks who aren't (which is their choice also).

Bottom line is the people who are dying right now are almost all unvaccinated, and there's a simple and widely available solution for anyone who wants to avoid that outcome.