Regularly Scheduled Programming - New Single 8/24/21

Started by roffrs, Aug 24, 2021, 12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranyart

Love the song and love the video.  Seems like a 40th anniversary MTV throwback!  Can't wait to hear the whole album.  Oh my...

ranyart

sweatboard

I Love Love Love when he sings "one shot at redemption"  and swings the car around.  Big Fan Of This Song!!!  And Video. 
There's Still Time.........

Varitek

This observation may have no basis in reality, but I heard a Roger Waters vibe upon first few listens. It has a darkness reminiscent of The Wall to these ears, I can imagine this song slotting in along some of that material. Jim's voice just makes it more hopeful. I will be interested to hear Mr Waters' impact on Bo's sensibility with these new tunes...
"Did he just put on a cape?"

darkglow

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 25, 2021, 04:50 PMI Love Love Love when he sings "one shot at redemption"  and swings the car around.  Big Fan Of This Song!!!  And Video. 

Agree. I love this tune... overall

I'm hopeful that this is a great opening track to a very excellent album. It builds into something that leaves you wanting more which I think is intentional given the message of the song (missing out on true connections due to excess screen time and isolation). A great awakening

Lucius

RSP is growing on me as the days go by. I was in a rotten mood Tuesday so they could have thrown something on an OBH level at us and I still might've just said "meh". This certainly isn't on an OBH level but as others have said I think this will make a great 'lead in' song, especially live. The same way At Dawn sometimes ends up crashing into the next song with a vengeance. It's certainly a step up from Big D, that song has grown on me but still sticks out like a sore thumb of TW1. Deffo a song built for the radio whereas this has more of that crashing through the door, get the fans excited vibe. I'm certainly excited and STARVING for more. October really isn't that far away guys :evil:
it wouldn't be a party without you

sillyboob

Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

sillyboob

Quote from: sweatboard on Aug 25, 2021, 04:50 PMI Love Love Love when he sings "one shot at redemption"  and swings the car around.  Big Fan Of This Song!!!  And Video. 

Yeah, that was great!  This video had me smiling, laughing at the vices, digging Jim seeing the other world in the rearview mirror, the polite playing in the forest, and the rocking out in the black & white world.  Also digging the new geetars I'm seeing.  Carl's Explorer (reminds me of The Edge from U2), looks like Tom's playing a Thunderbird (Simon Gallup of The Cure (maybe) played one for years), and Jim's Flying V, looks like a new white one (I've never seen him play a white one before).

Stoked for those of you getting to see the guys tomorrow!!  :cheesy:

I've got a one-two punch of Ohana and Berkeley coming up, and hopefully things go well and we get MMJ on Halloween in New Orleans.  Then on to One Big Holiday.  Cannot wait.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.