PLEASE release the taping of Portland, ME 2010-10-15 PLEASE

Started by Johnny_Yac, Nov 04, 2010, 10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

This quote at the bottom of the torrent page for the Louisville show at bt.etree.org

BostonDPA4023
2010-10-30 15:25:58
nice work Brent, I will get the Portland, Maine show up soon.

Sounds good.  I'm ready.  Lay it on us.  Louisville goes up in under 24 hours and Portland was the best show I've seen and it was 3 weeks ago!  All due respect, but I'm dying over here.  I will praise your existence upon its release.  Thanks in advance.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Monkeyboy

I hear ya Yac.  Waiting patiently here in Maine for it as well!  I know people are very busy these days, but this was a special show during a special run with little taping going on.  If Boston DPA has it, he needs to show it and eliminate the tease.

Yac, you passed Jahmazed on I-93 at some point last week.  Matty should have HIS stickers on so you can recognize him!  There are very few YY and MMJ ovals out there!

Peace and good hanging with ya at EU!  
Bos 06,08,11,12 RCMH 08, Burlington 10, Portland 10, T5-ISM,Z,EU 10, Bangor 11, Newport 12

johnnYYac

QuoteI hear ya Yac.  Waiting patiently here in Maine for it as well!  I know people are very busy these days, but this was a special show during a special run with little taping going on.  If Boston DPA has it, he needs to show it and eliminate the tease.

Yac, you passed Jahmazed on I-93 at some point last week.  Matty should have HIS stickers on so you can recognize him!  There are very few YY and MMJ ovals out there!

Peace and good hanging with ya at EU!  
Same here.  Got to see you 2 in VT, ME, and NYC in the space of two months.  
I was probably taking my daughter to an appointment in Manchester on Monday when I passed Matt.  I wondered what the chances are of ever seeing a car with the MMJ or YY ovals.  Looks like I missed it.

johnnYYac

e_wind

I agree. I didn't go to this show but it was an really good set list and I somehow got my hands on a poster also for cheap so I wanna hear it.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

I know this setlist will boost the vibes to bring this taping forward. 
Even the T5 5-timers can appreciate it, a consolation for only making it to EU.

Please...

2010-10-15 State Theatre - Portland, ME  

1. Wordless Chorus
2. Gideon
3. The Way That He Sings
4. Heartbreakin
5. They Ran
6. Golden
7. Chills
8. Evelyn Is Not Real
9. Anytime
10. Mahgeetah
11. Carried Away
12. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
13. I'm Amazed
14. Circuital
15. Dondante
16. Smokin From Shootin
17. (end of) Run Thru
18. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.2
19. (end of) Lay Low
----------
20. Butch Cassidy
21. Steam Engine
22. Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Pt.1
23. Off The Record
24. Highly Suspicious
25. Phone Went West
-----
26. One Big Holiday

johnnYYac

(to the tune of "Dear God (Sincerely M.O.F.)")

Dear God
I'm tryin' hard to reach you.
I need
The Portland show
I really do!

So bad
Its not a joke
I need this show.

Good God
What's goin' on?
Where is this show?

I've been thinkin' about
The best Jacket show no doubt
Without an answer!

I know I'm bitchin' a lot
But when it shows up, I'll stop
I need my Portland
I want this Portland show!

Ooooooooh...

johnnYYac

bump

A ray of hope that this show is going to be upped real soon, thanks to some gentle prodding.  You can post your links right below this post.

:thumbsup:

johnnYYac

I've been patient.  I've been kind.  I've been clever.  I've been busy finding ways to get messages to the guy who taped this show.  At least twice, other tapers have talked to him and he's said he'll get to it.  It been 8 1/2 months.  Please, please, share this taping.  Help me.  Help all of us.  I beg of you.

See you here in three months.  :(

PS - for those of you new to this thread, read the above and then send some vibes. 

EDIT - I think I found the taper's email address.  Let us pray...

johnnYYac

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 14, 2011, 03:04 PM
Dear God
I'm tryin' hard to reach you.
I need
The Portland show
I really do!

So bad
Its not a joke
I need this show.

Good God
What's goin' on?
Where is this show?

I've been thinkin' about
The best Jacket show no doubt
Without an answer!

I know I'm bitchin' a lot
But when it shows up, I'll stop
I need my Portland
I want this Portland show!

Ooooooooh...

:'(

Its been 440 days since the best MMJ show I've seen.  I know it was taped.  Why hast though forsaken me?  What do you require?  I'll babysit your kids, do your taxes, wash your car, paint your house.  What will it take?  What must I do?  Why?  Why?

please?

johnnYYac

Alas, still praying for the aud taping I know exists (or existed).  Ryan Pickett says this one will never make the "official" bootleg route, as the soundboard recording was compromised by, among other things, a very bouncy floor (I remember that fondly).  Sigh.

CHIMMJFAN

How did I miss "Chills" being played? Ok yeah this needs to be released.

It's funny the three songs I really wanted to hear live this year, "Chills", "Come Closer", and "Picture of You" were played but no audio released, AGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

Ok just saw "Picture of You" released! Awesome!!!!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

johnnYYac

My "white whale" taping, nearly 7 years waiting, hoping.
One of, if not THE, best MMJ show I've seen...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zuu817i6y59iw28/State_Theatre%2C_Portland%2C_ME_2010-10-15.zip

My Morning Jacket @ State Theatre, Portland, ME
October 15, 2010

Wordless Chorus
Gideon
The Way That He Sings
Heartbreakin Man
They Ran
Golden
Chills (first time since 2002)
Evelyn Is Not Real
Anytime
Mahgeetah
Carried Away (Carl Broemel song)
Wonderful (The Way I Feel)
I'm Amazed
Circuital
Dondante
Smokin' From Shootin'
end of Run Thru
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2
end of Lay Low
-----
Butch Cassidy (first time since 2006)
Steam Engine
Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 1
Off the Record
Highly Suspicious
Phone Went West
-----
One Big Holiday

Taped by Lynchie
God Bless The Tapers!
Dpa 4023
V3>AD2K>HD.P2 dfc
Front Row Mezzanine

johnnYYac

Funny, I just realized that I posted this taping on the same day that MMJ is back in Portland, Maine...  :grin: :rolleyes: :cool: :shocked: :thumbsup: :smiley: :tongue: :cheesy:

rkwedge

Downloading now, If you say it's great then I know it will be. That encore alone is Holy Smokes.  :beer:
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

LBSUNFLWR

Lonndown27

JOHNNY YOU GOT YER FAVORITE SHOW ON TAPE NOW! FINALLY!!!!! hell yes! how did you get it finally?!?!?

We seriously must hear the full story, this is too intriguing, just like the Columbus 2012 taper, just not daring to budge on it. Jerk! I gotta say you shouldn't have waited that long man, if that was me who taped it I put it out the next chance I've got, it doesn't belong to me, it belongs to ALL Jacket fans, let alone the people like you who were there.

BUT OH MY GAWWWD CHILLS?!?!?!? I'm just about to listen to it live for the first time EVER.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

MY MORNIN JACK-ATTACK

oh my hell that Chills is beautifully perfect. Carl with all this reverb and delay billows coming outta his guitar, Jim reaching those angelic notes perfectly, Bo and Carl helping him too. Ohhhhhhh man. THANK YOU JOHNNY! and thank you belatedly, Lynchie!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

CHIMMJFAN

Wow can't wait to sink my teeth into this recording, thanks John! Can't wait to hear "Chills" and "They Ran", etc..... will be perfect for a mini fishing roadtrip this weekend!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Lonndown27

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Jul 11, 2017, 07:35 PM
Wow can't wait to sink my teeth into this recording, thanks John! Can't wait to hear "Chills" and "They Ran", etc..... will be perfect for a mini fishing roadtrip this weekend!

CHIMMJFAN

absolutely dood!! you've always been a fan of those deep deep cuts like I have too, and of course so many others, who doesn't love Come Closer??
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018

Varitek

Right on! looking forward to this. I grew up across the bridge from Portland and the State Theatre was a nasty "Adult" movie house and the source of many jokes growing up. It wasn't till long after I moved away that it became a music venue. Makes me smile to see a band I love with a recording from this venue. Cheers!
"Did he just put on a cape?"