European tour?

Started by The Lonely European, Oct 26, 2021, 09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lonely European

Hi!

So i hvae been a huge fan of MMJ since 2008. I remember i downloaded your albums on my iPod when i was moving to Beijing (Sorry for that).I just falled in love at once and i had you up there with the biggest bands in the world. Oh my what memories i have with your songs.

So i stayed in Beijing until 2015. I did not excpect you to come to China and play. Bob Dylan was there once but not possible to get tickets. Only high parlament people would get in :) Kinda funny when you think about it.

So now ive been back to Sweden for 6years and still not seen you here in Europe. It makes me sad becuase i belive i would fall for you guys even more if i could just get to see you live. I live close to Copenhagen so thats no problem and i could even think of flying as long as Italy for a concert. Even drag my soon 40 year old body to a festival. Thats how desperate i am.

Could you at least give a hint on a European tour? Just to make this sad Swede a smile on this rainy day.

Maybe its not the right way to write it hear, but listen to your songs all day long makes a man desperat. Sorry for my bad english!

Love to you all!

The Lonely European

Ps. I could think of flying to US for a concert, but then i want to be 100% in charge of the setlist.

Lucius

Anyone heard any whispers yet? I've now noticed bands/artists announcing UK shows for as far ahead as October/November so my fingers are crossed for MMJ to finally announce something! It would be the cherry on top of an amazing year for bands coming over here if this happened! :cheesy:
it wouldn't be a party without you

ranyart

Billy Strings just announced some new dates in Europe so hopefully MMJ follows along sooner than later.

The Lonely European

Here is a link for us Europeans to show how much we want MMJ to come to Europe!

https://chng.it/FQRjgWZHpF

Lucius

I'm sure they will come! Arcade Fire just announced a European tour for September which is very short notice compared to most bands so I'm not ruling out anything for MMJ just yet :cool:

Though part of me thinks next year is more likely - I know for the sake of actually getting paid a lot of "alternative" bands from other parts of the world like to tour here when they can also book festival appearances. I think if we don't get some kind of announcement by next spring we know they've broken up with us :grin: 

The Lonely European

Im starting to feel that the only option to see them live is to go to US or Mexico. When was the last time they were in Europe? 2011 was the last time they played in Sweden and that was in a small place.

But i really hope you are right!

The Lonely European

I also start to wonder if they really understand how many fans they have in Europe. :)

Lucius

Last two shows they played in the UK were to crowds of 2,000 and 1,500. That's not bad! I don't know about Manchester but London was sold out. There are international bands and artists coming to Europe/UK and playing much smaller shows this year! Fruit Bats are playing London's Bush Hall in September, which has a capacity of 400! So where are our Jacket shows :cheesy: 

The Lonely European

Exactly! I'm going to watch Wilco in Copenhagen 13th of June in Amager Bio that takes 1,050!!! MMJ could easily take an bigger place in Scandinavia.

Lucius

Dreaming out loud here but I've been snooping around the net looking at music venues (mild obsession of mine) and I've come to the conclusion that MMJ really should play Printworks in London. Not only is it one of those cool abandoned industrial buildings - it has no curfew which is an absolute rarity in this stupid country! We're overdue a "mammoth" Jacket show here and I'm just speaking this into existence... imagine about a 2 or 3 night run here in lieu of a full scale UK tour, no repeats... :cheesy: 

More and more bands are doing "mini residencies" in the UK instead of touring. LCD Soundsystem are about to play 5 or 6 nights in London because it's easier than touring. A couple of UK bands I like are even doing the same. It's what got me thinking!

sillyboob

This place looks cool, especially if you can get those upper level seats!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

The Lonely European

Lucius that's just perfect for MMJ! I would be there all 3 nights infront of the stage crying like a child. Seems like they are no big fans of travelling so a flight to London and back is all we ask for.

But there are still no rumours of a concert outside North America?

The Lonely European

Maybe it's time to start planning my first ever trip to the States.  :angry:

ranyart

Hey TLE!  While we all know control of setlists is not going to happen a similar effect can be achieved by going to a multi-night run in a single city like NYE shows or what almost happened in Louisville.  We'll happily go to single shows here and there within driving range as we can but we make a special point to go to the multi-night runs if at all possible just because the odds are higher that we'll get the off the wall stuff.

In spite of all of the crazy ass shit you hear about our country the USA is a wonderful country to visit for travel.  Where else in the world can you see things like our Great Lakes (which of course we share nicely with Canada), the deserts of our southwest, beautiful coasts on both the Atlantic and Pacific, great cities like NYC/Chicago/SF/LA, and of course our Rocky and Appalachian Mountains?  We've got places to stay if you want to get out into the woodlands.  Come on over!

The Lonely European

The angry emoji was more about the economic (my wallet) of traveling to USA. Its not really great times in Europe right now with the horrible things happening in Ukraine and it also makes everything expensive here and leaves not much left in the wallet every month.
I've always wanted to visit USA. Its just never happened and don't know why, but going to a MMJ concert would be a reason enough.
Let's hope everything goes back to half the normal it was before Covid and I would gladly walk down fith avenue on my way to a MMJ concert. Maybe that's not the right street but it was the first I thought of 😊

Lucius

If I start saving now I might *just* be able to afford to come over for the self titled album 20th anniversary tour :grin:

I'm hoping they'll get over here next year. If not - I think (not counting W2) the self titled album will be the first one they haven't toured here! :cry:

walterfredo

we will be in Europe end of March/beginning of April next year. So that would be the perfect time for them to return to Europe, obviously.

The Lonely European

Quote from: Lucius on Aug 09, 2022, 06:48 AMIf I start saving now I might *just* be able to afford to come over for the self titled album 20th anniversary tour :grin:

I'm hoping they'll get over here next year. If not - I think (not counting W2) the self titled album will be the first one they haven't toured here! :cry:
My goal is 10th anniversary tour but we might meet at the 20th 😊

The Lonely European

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 09, 2022, 12:14 PMwe will be in Europe end of March/beginning of April next year. So that would be the perfect time for them to return to Europe, obviously.
If that's how it works then I think all European MMJ fans would go together and pay your trip to Europe😊