[DVD9] MMJ - April 28, 2010 - Charleston, SC

Started by baustin, May 04, 2010, 07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scosby2

QuoteTime to bump this bitch.

Cure the Old October Blues with this sweet trip down memory lane.  A great setlist, a fantastic fan-shot video, primo sound.  I'm listening to it right now, STEAM ENGINE (my god!) as I type this.  Check this out...

2010-04-28 Family Circle - Charleston, SC      
1. Tonite I want To Celebrate With You- start with some 'chord!
2. At Dawn- I love this song!
3. Gideon- a great extended jam
4. Off The Record
5. What A Wonderful Man- love it!
6. I'm Amazed
7. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.1
8. Golden
9. Thank You Too!- this is a great tune, a soul love song.
10. Mahgeetah
11. Lay Low- do you remember a full Lay Low?  its been a while; amazing Hendrixian moment for Jim at the end.
12. Lowdown
13. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)- a beatiful tune; looks like this will be a track on the new album
14. Librarian
15. Steam Engine- say no more; still listening to it as I type.
16. Smokin From Shootin
17. (end of) Run Thru
18. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.2
19. One Big Holiday
----------
20. Over The Rainbow (Daniel "Weenie" Farrow solo)
21. Wordless Chorus
22. Evil Urges *
23. Dancefloors *
24. Highly Suspicious *
25. Carnival Time (Al Johnson) *
26. Move On Up (Curtis Mayfield) *

* w/ Preservation Hall Jazz Band

If you have this, make the room dark, get in concert mode (whatever that may be), crank it or use good 'phones, stand in front of your TV, and rock the shit out!  Cape action!  Duck Hunt gunplay!  Weenie's Over the Rainbow!  

Its almost midnight, I'm almost drunk, and I'm listening to...

Smokin' from Shooting.

more than you ever did

just a kid

a perfect vision of the self

Gotta go.  Touch Me 2 is coming.

Contact me if you need a copy.

This is why you are my favorite person in the world...I did this this past week and was blown away all over again...btw it's november

johnnYYac

QuoteTime to bump this bitch.

Cure the Old October Blues with this sweet trip down memory lane.  A great setlist, a fantastic fan-shot video, primo sound.  I'm listening to it right now, STEAM ENGINE (my god!) as I type this.  Check this out...

2010-04-28 Family Circle - Charleston, SC      
1. Tonite I want To Celebrate With You- start with some 'chord!
2. At Dawn- I love this song!
3. Gideon- a great extended jam
4. Off The Record
5. What A Wonderful Man- love it!
6. I'm Amazed
7. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.1
8. Golden
9. Thank You Too!- this is a great tune, a soul love song.
10. Mahgeetah
11. Lay Low- do you remember a full Lay Low?  its been a while; amazing Hendrixian moment for Jim at the end.
12. Lowdown
13. Wonderful (The Way I Feel)- a beatiful tune; looks like this will be a track on the new album
14. Librarian
15. Steam Engine- say no more; still listening to it as I type.
16. Smokin From Shootin
17. (end of) Run Thru
18. Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt.2
19. One Big Holiday
----------
20. Over The Rainbow (Daniel "Weenie" Farrow solo)
21. Wordless Chorus
22. Evil Urges *
23. Dancefloors *
24. Highly Suspicious *
25. Carnival Time (Al Johnson) *
26. Move On Up (Curtis Mayfield) *

* w/ Preservation Hall Jazz Band

If you have this, make the room dark, get in concert mode (whatever that may be), crank it or use good 'phones, stand in front of your TV, and rock the shit out!  Cape action!  Duck Hunt gunplay!  Weenie's Over the Rainbow!  

Its almost midnight, I'm almost drunk, and I'm listening to...

Smokin' from Shooting.

more than you ever did

just a kid

a perfect vision of the self

Gotta go.  Touch Me 2 is coming.

Contact me if you need a copy.

This is why you are my favorite person in the world...I did this this past week and was blown away all over again...[highlight]btw it's november[/highlight]
Yeah, I know.  I was trying to reference the blues felt by everyone after a heavy MMJ October (Fallon-Letterman-Portland-Ramble-T5 x 5- L'ville-Voodoo) and the void to follow.  I was also trying to make a play on the song title.  Fixed.

The only problem with watching this in concert mode is that I don't think I'd ever, intentionally, be that far away from the stage. ;D  

Great minds think alike.

I recently got a nice note from Brian Austin, the taper/videographer, thanking me for promoting this recording and getting over 20 copies to folks worldwide.  He shared the original HD footage with me as a treat.  Fantastic.  I've got the discs and cases to make 10 more copies, for below cost (around $6).  PM or email.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

This must be looping at the T5 Open House
.....Back at the Model Home

johnnYYac

Kinda quiet around here, so I'll give you something to read.

Getting ready to listen to the 7 song encore of this show.  I couldn't make it past One Big Holiday last night, the problem with having a couch nearby.  

At a real show, you make it through without a doubt, broken bones, bad backs, the whole shootin' match.  Seeing folks in casts and on crutches on their feet for over 3 hours!  

Its great having a show from this tour documented so well.  I caught the first 3 shows in April.  Charleston was #7.  Jim in his wild west Duck Hunt get up, the tunes, the PHJB, so much like my experiences before, plus Steam Engine and Dancefloors!  October was a wonderful month for MMJ fans, but April was pretty sweet, too!

Somewhere... over the rainbow!

Ruckus

Hey Johnny, this was my favorite show of the tour.  I was 2nd row on Carl's side and it was the first time I met Ms. Y.  Even better was that I had been studying the setlists of the tour and had certain expectations so I was completely blown away when they totally switched it up.  My top show outside of T5.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

QuoteHey Johnny, this was my favorite show of the tour.  I was 2nd row on Carl's side and it was the first time I met Ms. Y.  Even better was that I had been studying the setlists of the tour and had certain expectations so I was completely blown away when they totally switched it up.  My top show outside of T5.
Wow, somehow I missed that you were at this show (and you probably told me) with Ms. Yvon.  It did offer some nice changes to what had been a fairly static setlist for the first three I attended (though the Eminence Front into to OBH was spectacular).  

I noticed last night, finishing my (probably) 5th full viewing of this DVD, that Carl really got into it during Dancefloors, very energetic.  It must've been great up front.  

I need to show Carl's side of the stage more love.  I tried to in Portland, but it was heavily populated with tall people, so me and my wife ended up in front of Jim's mic stand, per usual.  T5 was more central but I'd love to spend more time, and focus, on Carl's side of the stage.  

Crispy

I've ended up on Carl Side very often recently, and I always love it. But during the T5 run, most of our bunch OCCUPIED what I am now dubbing Tom Side, and it was wonderful. :)
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

TheBri-Man

Did an MP3 version of this ever happen?  Or can someone even do that?  I was at that show and it was so absurd, I'd love to have a solid MP3 version of it.  

e_wind

Yeah I was hoping someone would b&p me as well. My DVD burner doesn't exist. OR I can burn it on my girlfriends computer if someone can walk me thru burning it on OSX. I would really rather watch it on TV then on the computer
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ruckus

QuoteHey Johnny, this was my favorite show of the tour.  I was 2nd row on Carl's side and it was the first time I met Ms. Y.  Even better was that I had been studying the setlists of the tour and had certain expectations so I was completely blown away when they totally switched it up.  My top show outside of T5.
Wow, somehow I missed that you were at this show (and you probably told me) with Ms. Yvon.  It did offer some nice changes to what had been a fairly static setlist for the first three I attended (though the Eminence Front into to OBH was spectacular).  

I noticed last night, finishing my (probably) 5th full viewing of this DVD, that Carl really got into it during Dancefloors, very energetic.  It must've been great up front.  

I need to show Carl's side of the stage more love.  I tried to in Portland, but it was heavily populated with tall people, so me and my wife ended up in front of Jim's mic stand, per usual.  T5 was more central but I'd love to spend more time, and focus, on Carl's side of the stage.  
Yeah, I hit up Charleston, Raleigh, B'more...

So anyways, the gift pack showed up.  You are the man JYY!  Thanks man :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

e_wind

I ju want to say that JY is THE MAN. I just received my charleston and rocksaplast DVDs from him... The inserts and images on the disc were so much beyond my expectations. Can't thank you enough man !

e_wind

Watching Charleston DVD now. Its interesting being far away and seeing the movements and lights as a whole for once.

TheRoof

My girlfriend and I were front row-stage left for this show and she asked a fellow mmj fanatic to take pictures with her camera of the show and myself and to then email them back to my girlfriend post-show. She never received them (forgotten or wrong email). Would this mystery girl by chance be reading this and still have those pictures?  That would update your status from a mystery to magical.  :)
You Are Everything

johnnYYac

By my best estimation, I believe- tonight- I have burned my 30th set of this DVD.  Its gone out to approximately 16 states and 4 countries.  I appreciate the chance to spread cool shit like this and appreciate the feedback.  The guy who taped this show contacted me to thank me for spreading the word.  I want to thank baustin for making it available.  During this hiatus, something like the Charleston DVDs becames quite valuable.  I'm thinking such recent live performances will better inform us of what they're doing in studio right now and what we'll hear from the new album.

Anyway, as I said in another post, I've got some work to do, so... 

subinai

johnnYYac

Quote from: subinai on Mar 09, 2011, 09:52 PM
Would this work on a BluRay?
If you mean, "will this disc play on a BluRay player?", it should.  I've watched my copy on my LG BD390 BluRay player at least once every few weeks without problems.

subinai

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 10, 2011, 11:48 AM
If you mean, "will this disc play on a BluRay player?", it should.  I've watched my copy on my LG BD390 BluRay player at least once every few weeks without problems.

i meant exporting the video to a BluRay disc. Imagine since the video is HD it should work. i'm going to download and give it a shot.

buymycar

Quote from: subinai on Mar 10, 2011, 01:58 PM

i meant exporting the video to a BluRay disc. Imagine since the video is HD it should work. i'm going to download and give it a shot.

You're not going to see any difference in quality if you burn DVD files to Blu-Ray.  The DVD video is lossy, with a resolution of 480 lines.  HD files have a resolution of 1080 lines.  Most Blu-Ray players will upconvert DVDs to HD, but the quality won't be the same as having the original HD content from the camera.  The person who recorded the show would have to upload the original HD files for you to download and then burn to Blu-Ray so that you can have the greatest quality.

subinai

Quote from: buymycar on Mar 11, 2011, 03:36 AM
Quote from: subinai on Mar 10, 2011, 01:58 PM

You're not going to see any difference in quality if you burn DVD files to Blu-Ray.  The DVD video is lossy, with a resolution of 480 lines.  HD files have a resolution of 1080 lines.  Most Blu-Ray players will upconvert DVDs to HD, but the quality won't be the same as having the original HD content from the camera.  The person who recorded the show would have to upload the original HD files for you to download and then burn to Blu-Ray so that you can have the greatest quality.

ahhh okay. see what you mean. thanks for the info!

cpsturtevant

Is there any way I could still get this?