Previous topic - Next topic

MMJCOBRA

Let's get this party started!

1.unravelled +1

jttouch2

1.unravelled +1
2. jttouch2 + 1 (Sunday only)

jsf3000

Split time between 420fest and Shaky. Great weekend of music in ATL.

Local here, hit me up if you need any recs.

DaydreamNation

What's this festival experience like? I'm not really big on festivals but I like way too many of the artists this year to not consider it.
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

mahg33ta

I have a platinum ticket for shaky knees for sale- $1925 at current prices plus fees, I will sell for $1500.   3 days of front-stage viewing and food and drink.

clayton

I will certainly be there. Show 46 (i believe) for me.

rkwedge

Set List:

OBH
Anytime
Love Love Love
Evil Urges
Circuital
I'm Amazed
Victory Dance
Spring
Feel You
Never In The Real World
Black Metal
Off The Record
Wasted
Steam Engine>>
Never Could Get Enough
Wordless
Gideon
Touch Me 2
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

clayton

Absolutely incredible set, last night at Shaky Knees. First off, this was my fifth Shaky Knees and it may be the most well run operation of a festival, that ive ever been to. Great vibes all weekend. Easy to get close to anything, beer lines and food lines werent bad at all. Just a great weekend of music.

My first MMJ show was October 2003 in Athens (I was a junior in high school). Last night was show number 51 for me. I've seen every shape and size of their shows from playing to 30 people to headlining festivals. Its just the greatest joy seeing your favorite band still be able to play these shows.

They hit the stage right at 8 and went straight into One Big Holiday. Just absurd. Crowd went off. Do not think ive seen them open with OBH since the spring 2010 tour. Then right into Anytime and followed with Love Love Love, which Jim just really laid down the ultimate Neil Young solo (which he did throughout the night).

Of course I knew that we would get a "festival set" and I am more than ok with that. I have never been the type that goes into a show or walks away thinking, "damn, wish they would have played this, that, etc. Just happy to always be there and enjoy the ride.

Placing Victory Dance right when the sun set last night was top notch.

Wasted is just a jam that will forever be in the arsenal for shows.

The new jam at the end of Wordless Chorus is so incredible. Bo's keys on that jam are straight out of "Dark Side of The Moon".

Best Gideon I may have ever heard with the outro just rocking so hard.

And, finally, closing with Touch Me Pt. 2. Never have seen them close with this. I sure hope someone taped the show because the last four minutes may have been the most out of this world rocking, i've seen them do. My jaw was to the floor and I had a shit eating grin on my face until I got back home to Athens at midnight.

So thankful for the band. They sound better than ever. Looking forward to the Louisville shows and Asheville coming up later.

Just so so so thankful!!!!

MMJTX

Nice write up Clayton,

Would love to hear that closer TMP2.

Have to agree with the new and improved Gideon outro, they played it in Dallas and i thought for sure that was the closer, it was pure insanity.
Anytime

sillyboob

Quote from: clayton on Feb 16, 2022, 01:57 PMI will certainly be there. Show 46 (i believe) for me.

Nobody knows!!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

RobRoy286

Pumps me up how much more they're jamming songs out these days.