Spring Tour 2022

Started by ranyart, Apr 07, 2022, 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranyart

Bunch of fun MMJ shows are coming up soon starting in the next couple of weeks.  Unfortunately none of them fit our schedule but there are certainly several shows I would really like to go to, especially the show in Memphis at the Orpheum Theater.  Guess we'll just have to be patient until the Louisville shows come around.

Is everyone out there getting pumped up for the return of live music and an actual real tour from our favorite band?  I know we are!  It seems like forever since we last saw them, which was in Chicago for the three night run there, especially since NYE was cancelled.  Bring it on boys!!!

Mr. White

https://www.ticketmaster.com/my-morning-jacket-knoxville-tennessee-04-20-2022/event/1B005C4BC6057436

I'm getting pretty excited! I originally only planned on going to the two Louisville shows and to the Nashville show (secured tickets for all three), but the wait for late June got me thinking that I'd be missing out if I didn't talk my wife into us going down to Knoxville for the second show of the new tour (4/20 baby!), so we got some really good tickets for this show (she's going to be front row, and I'm going to be in the standing room only Pit area!). The only thing that's kind of worrying is that the ticket sales have been going very slowly, and in my opinion, very poorly. They have been reducing the sale price though recently. That's why I've included the link above hoping some other Forum folk will feel adventurous! Some good seats are still available for pretty decent prices. Let's gooooooo!!!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ranyart

Quote from: Mr. White on Apr 07, 2022, 07:59 PMhttps://www.ticketmaster.com/my-morning-jacket-knoxville-tennessee-04-20-2022/event/1B005C4BC6057436

I'm getting pretty excited! I originally only planned on going to the two Louisville shows and to the Nashville show (secured tickets for all three), but the wait for late June got me thinking that I'd be missing out if I didn't talk my wife into us going down to Knoxville for the second show of the new tour (4/20 baby!), so we got some really good tickets for this show (she's going to be front row, and I'm going to be in the standing room only Pit area!). The only thing that's kind of worrying is that the ticket sales have been going very slowly, and in my opinion, very poorly. They have been reducing the sale price though recently. That's why I've included the link above hoping some other Forum folk will feel adventurous! Some good seats are still available for pretty decent prices. Let's gooooooo!!!

I see what you mean about tickets at this show being available and cheap!  Definitely surprising but unfortunately there is zero chance we can take advantage of this situation.  I'm glad you and your your wife are able to go Mr. White!

I just spent some time clicking around on some of their other shows and you are right there are plenty of tickets left for pretty much everything except the obvious tough to get MMJ shows.  I have noticed this for other bands that I follow too.  Really the only guy that seems to be selling out shows in a flash is Billy Strings and I have pretty much given up even trying to go to any of his shows at this point.  I wonder what the cause of this is especially after the virus mess...

Mr. White

Important and kind of Urgent question:

A friend is planning on going to tomorrow's MMJ show at the Orpheum Theatre in Memphis (first show of the tour). They are in that category of folks who can't get the Coronavirus Vaccine and are trying to find out if a Negative Test Result would be good enough for entrance to the show. They told me they called the venue a few different times recently and had been told at first that masks were recommended, but the subsequent times they called, they were informed that a Negative Test would be required along with masks being required. I don't know anything more, but I wanted to see if anyone with knowledge of this venue and/or the band's safety guidelines could let us all know here on the Forum. Again, this is for a show that is in 24 hours, so I know it is kind of late to be asking for a quick Forum response, but this IS the Forum, after all, and we are all seeing, all knowing, and always present here. Thanks for any input on this, and I'll forward the information.

Thanks again,
John

Mbayzer

I went to the Bob Weir show at the Orpheum in March and they only needed a picture or photocopy of your vax card. I guess you might still need a negative test but probably a few people in the entire venue wore a mask. Btw, stoked to go to both Memphis to Knox. Hoping we get two unique setlists but either way, I won't be disappointed.

btw on the subject of the shows not selling out. I think this Ticketmaster premium thing is horrible. I understand VIP, sort of, but selling a ticket for $300 each to avoid bots is a nasty alternative. Knoxville should have been at the Tennessee Theater too and not the Civic Center.

Mr. White

"Bob Weir show at the Orpheum in March and they only needed a picture or photocopy of your vax card. I guess you might still need a negative test but probably a few people in the entire venue wore a mask."

Thanks for the input. They haven't been vaccinated and are concerned that their negative test won't be enough to get in with and don't want to make the long drive from a different state to just be turned away at the door. I have been to a hand full of shows, and the requirements have varied. The last couple of events I attended at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville (TOOL concert and Women's NCAA Tournament game) didn't ask for or look for anything at all, no masks, no vaccine card, no negative test. I've been to other smaller shows that did require you show your vaccination card, but I don't know specifically if they would accept just a negative test or not.

ranyart

The show we went to this past Saturday had vax/test requirements that were totally ignored when entering even though we received an email a day prior to the show stating that they will be enforced.  I will be shocked if they enforce any of these rules especially after yesterday's ruling on masks.

walterfredo

Is there any stream of shaky knees? Either audio or video? I know in the past they did. Would love to hear mmj set tonight.