OBH 5 — sellout?

Started by Zutroy, Dec 23, 2021, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zutroy

I bet it sells out tomorrow. If you're on the fence, I'd move on it. All indications are that the omicron wave will pass in January. This will be a party!!!

walterfredo

well this seems like the best thread to discuss this in (I'm gonna avoid posting in the idiotic vaccine req thread).

With the cancellations...how empty will this be now? I'm not on FB and realize that is where all the OBH chatter is. We are doing phish>OBH back to back. After they opened up the cancellations, both had a lot of availability...but phish is now back to almost entirely sold out. MMJ...not even close! I'm all in on a small/quaint MMJ on the beach extravaganza, but it's a fine line there. Not sure what to think on the sheer number of available packages for OBH...and the ones that say "waitlist" rather than "sold out". I think they are trying to push everyone over to Sunrise and keep it all together, but have no real clue. I guess we shall see in few weeks just how sparse it will be at show time!

ranyart

I've always wanted to go to OBH since it usually falls on my birthday (!) especially this year with all of the cancellations and the potential to get a good deal, but alas I'm not going without Betsy and early March is simply not going to work with her work schedule (or mine actually).

I think you are right walterfredo the MMJ shows could easily be very sparsely attended but I have little doubt that our favorite band will look at this as an opportunity to blow some minds especially given all of the pent up covid frustrations everyone has.  All I can say is fasten your seat belt and enjoy the ride for those of us who can't make it!

Derek713

Yeah, it does look like they are trying to make people choose Sunrise. Sucks for the band and CID, but I would be just fine with a little leg room. Might make it feel more like OBH1.

Cameron

The whole setup never made sense to me. I'm their target market and never considered going. I've been to one, love the band and really want to see them, can afford it and have time off. It was too expensive for what and where it is. Period.

slappymoe

Quote from: Cameron on Feb 11, 2022, 03:49 PMThe whole setup never made sense to me. I'm their target market and never considered going. I've been to one, love the band and really want to see them, can afford it and have time off. It was too expensive for what and where it is. Period.
agreed.

moving to CID, moving to such a huge resort, and the substantial price increase were all negatives in my book.  not thrilled with the other bands, either.

but what really turned me off was doing away with the resort takeover. for me, that was the most attractive aspect of the entire event, sharing the experience with a resort filled with nothing but fans of the band. 

holding the shows in a fenced off, ticketed area in a corner of the resort just doesn't have the same appeal, imo.  i realize it may never happen, but here's hoping they return to one of the Hard Rock venues one day.