CID Offering Refunds

Started by consigliare, Feb 03, 2022, 03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consigliare

For those that are unaware and/or may have missed it in other threads CID is offering refunds to those that request them.

"Lead guests may take action on behalf of their entire group and request a package refund by clicking here and contacting CID Presents Guest Services before 10AM EST on February 7th."

https://cidentertainment.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=4416221818775&tf_1900006349905=package_cancel_refund_request&tf_1500014736742=yes_purchase&tf_subject=CDC%20Level%204%20Refund%20Request

sillyboob

Appreciate you posting this.

This is the right thing for CID to do. 

Now... some big decisions to be made.
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

walterfredo

We only have the weekend to decide before the offer closes. We are leaning heavily toward letting the party roll on!

rkwedge

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 03, 2022, 05:01 PMWe only have the weekend to decide before the offer closes. We are leaning heavily toward letting the party roll on!
I'm feeling the same way as you walterfredo, I would like to hear your thoughts of the experience after Phish. I know that's too late for any of us to cancel and get a refund but some insight on the operation down there would still be useful.
It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

dr_trousers

I hate myself for doing it, but I just requested a refund. My father is very ill and bring there for 4 days would have been stressful, never mind if I got covid and was stuck down there and not be here is anything should happen. This will be the first OBH that we will miss.

ranyart

Nice of CID to offer the refund for sure but the mechanics and timing sure are tough to swallow.  Good luck to everyone who has to make the choice!

Bulldog

Ugh, this is killing me...we have a 4 person pres suite and the other couple backed out prior to this news. Sad thing is I was ready to eat the cost and go anyway,  this is tough..

Did anyone get an email? I did not which seems odd

walterfredo

Quote from: Bulldog on Feb 03, 2022, 08:17 PMUgh, this is killing me...we have a 4 person pres suite and the other couple backed out prior to this news. Sad thing is I was ready to eat the cost and go anyway,  this is tough..

Did anyone get an email? I did not which seems odd

Seems like you should be able to easily cancel the room you have and re-book a 2-person room.

walterfredo

Quote from: rkwedge on Feb 03, 2022, 05:36 PM
Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 03, 2022, 05:01 PMWe only have the weekend to decide before the offer closes. We are leaning heavily toward letting the party roll on!
I'm feeling the same way as you walterfredo, I would like to hear your thoughts of the experience after Phish. I know that's too late for any of us to cancel and get a refund but some insight on the operation down there would still be useful.

will definitely do my best to post some info up in here.

Zutroy

Good for CID. But, having attended the Wilco Sky Blue Sky event at the height of the omicron wave, I would urge folks NOT to cancel, at least absent serious extenuating circumstances. Everyone has their own risk tolerance and I get it if you have a close family member who is compromised and you can't risk a quarantine.

But these events are outside and you can structure your stay to eat and drink and be out and not right next to people. And speaking as someone who got a Delta breakthrough in November after being fully vaccinated, it was not a serious concern (though I felt bad for 48 hours).

With cases dropping very rapidly in much of the urban US, by March 1 the current case surge will be over, even in Cancun. I think you'll regret canceling. All my friends who bailed on Wilco are kicking themselves for missing it. And the most cautious ones are now still going to OBH.

Be free!

consigliare

If you did not get an email, check your "promotions" folder if using gmail - that's where a few of my emails went.

Also, the first email they send will include a link to request a refund.  Once you complete that, they will send another email with a link to confirm your formal refund request.

When you complete the formal refund request and hit "Submit", there does not seem to be a confirmation that they received your formal request.  That is, it seems that nothing happens other than the "Submit" screen refreshing.

So, I printed the formal request screen, replied to their email, CC'ed the Guest Services email address, included the attached screen print, and asked them to accept the attached document as my formal request should it not have been submitted. 

While I did not receive a confirmation that my formal request was received by the appropriate CID personnel/department, I did receive an email from "Guest Services" saying that the Guest Services mailbox was no longer being monitored.

MyYinzerJacket

Now this is a good perspective, I'm glad you got to enjoy Wilco

Quote from: Zutroy on Feb 04, 2022, 07:29 AMGood for CID. But, having attended the Wilco Sky Blue Sky event at the height of the omicron wave, I would urge folks NOT to cancel, at least absent serious extenuating circumstances. Everyone has their own risk tolerance and I get it if you have a close family member who is compromised and you can't risk a quarantine.

But these events are outside and you can structure your stay to eat and drink and be out and not right next to people. And speaking as someone who got a Delta breakthrough in November after being fully vaccinated, it was not a serious concern (though I felt bad for 48 hours).

With cases dropping very rapidly in much of the urban US, by March 1 the current case surge will be over, even in Cancun. I think you'll regret canceling. All my friends who bailed on Wilco are kicking themselves for missing it. And the most cautious ones are now still going to OBH.

Be free!
Came for the reverb, stayed for the jams

Come Closer

Good perspective other than the "covid is nothing I was fine" aspect of it

MyYinzerJacket

Quote from: Come Closer on Feb 05, 2022, 08:03 PMGood perspective other than the "covid is nothing I was fine" aspect of it

Is that not what Covid is to the fully vaccinated?
I understand everyone is at different places on the spectrum of 'living with Covid,' but how else should one consider it if they've already protected themselves responsibly?
Came for the reverb, stayed for the jams

Bulldog

Wow looking like rooms show available pretty quick after folks drop.

Should be interesting to see if the shows even happen depending on how many folks opt out.

Derek713

We were on the fence whether we should get a refund or not, but decided to go. We did break down and get travel insurance, so we do have a bit more piece of mind. 3 weeks!!!!

walterfredo

Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 07, 2022, 01:29 PMWe were on the fence whether we should get a refund or not, but decided to go. We did break down and get travel insurance, so we do have a bit more piece of mind. 3 weeks!!!!

who did you use for the travel insurance? We need to do the same.

Derek713

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 07, 2022, 01:45 PM
Quote from: Derek713 on Feb 07, 2022, 01:29 PMWe were on the fence whether we should get a refund or not, but decided to go. We did break down and get travel insurance, so we do have a bit more piece of mind. 3 weeks!!!!

who did you use for the travel insurance? We need to do the same.
We ended up using the one that CID links from the OBH page.

https://gowanderwell.com/

I shopped around a bit, and they were all pretty close. The one thing that I liked about this one, is that they actually say that they cover the cost to quarantine if we test positive before the return trip. The rest made it kind of vague.

walterfredo

cool, thanks.

Has there been any mention of a themed/costume night? I know they did this for past OBH events, but don't see any mention of it this year.

sillyboob

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 07, 2022, 05:20 PMcool, thanks.

Has there been any mention of a themed/costume night? I know they did this for past OBH events, but don't see any mention of it this year.

Nothing official, but this was posted on the OBH 2022 Facebook page:

Alright y'all here's some official unofficial theme days for yo asses:
• March 2 (Night 1): Big Cat Animal Party (Black Pumas inspired)
• March 3 (Night 2): Sparkle Motion/Be The Disco Ball
• March 4 (Night 3): Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Go To Prom (Trampled By Turtles/romance music inspired)
• March 5 (Night 4): Wordless Chorus InnoVADERS and ImiTATERS (Darth Vaders and potatoes)

No one is being forced to participate but it'd be really fun if ya did!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.