Roll Call - Iroquois Amphitheater - Louisville - 6/24/2022

Started by ranyart, Feb 17, 2022, 09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgreen2599

Quote from: Roo06 on Jun 18, 2022, 03:55 PMAnyone have any info on when doors might open? Thinking 5:00 with a 6:00 start time for the openers. Curious if there are 2 separate openers playing?

I contacted Production Simple and they said doors were at 5:00 and openers start at 6:00. There will be two separate. The River City Drum Corps is a local youth drum corp. I've seen them at perform at Forecastle a couple times and they are great. I thinks it's really cool that the band is having them open.  https://www.rivercitydrumcorpky.org/

I don't know much about the opener Kiana & the Sun King, but they're a jazz/R&B group that sounds pretty good. https://www.sunkingsjazz.com/content

Roo06

Quote from: cgreen2599 on Jun 20, 2022, 12:45 PM
Quote from: Roo06 on Jun 18, 2022, 03:55 PMAnyone have any info on when doors might open? Thinking 5:00 with a 6:00 start time for the openers. Curious if there are 2 separate openers playing?

I contacted Production Simple and they said doors were at 5:00 and openers start at 6:00. There will be two separate. The River City Drum Corps is a local youth drum corp. I've seen them at perform at Forecastle a couple times and they are great. I thinks it's really cool that the band is having them open.  https://www.rivercitydrumcorpky.org/

I don't know much about the opener Kiana & the Sun King, but they're a jazz/R&B group that sounds pretty good. https://www.sunkingsjazz.com/content

:beer: Thanks!

walterfredo

midwesterner

Anyone else doing the travel package? Wondering if we are really getting in early to Friday's show, are we getting backpacks or the blanket from the spring tour and if the posters will really be diptych as mentioned on the CID site.

ranyart

Quote from: midwesterner on Jun 20, 2022, 02:45 PMAnyone else doing the travel package? Wondering if we are really getting in early to Friday's show, are we getting backpacks or the blanket from the spring tour and if the posters will really be diptych as mentioned on the CID site.

https://www.cidentertainment.com/events/my-morning-jacket/

Web site doesn't mention which artist did the poster, only that it's limited edition, but it does mention early entry and backpacks (so that's what we'd better get).  :beer:

midwesterner

Quote from: ranyart on Jun 20, 2022, 03:35 PM
Quote from: midwesterner on Jun 20, 2022, 02:45 PMAnyone else doing the travel package? Wondering if we are really getting in early to Friday's show, are we getting backpacks or the blanket from the spring tour and if the posters will really be diptych as mentioned on the CID site.

https://www.cidentertainment.com/events/my-morning-jacket/

Web site doesn't mention which artist did the poster, only that it's limited edition, but it does mention early entry and backpacks (so that's what we'd better get).  :beer:

I hear ya. Too be honest I don't need two more backpacks, but would love the early entry on Friday. But I most did the package to avoid having to Uber and find transportation after the shows.

ranyart

My wife works as a school counselor so we can always find a home for backpacks!  Definitely agree with the transportation piece having a nice air conditioned bus will be awesome after the Iroquois show.

ericm

I am and still waiting on the info email from CID. I've done their packages in the past and they usually send out checkin info, times, place etc at least a week in advance but so far nothing.

I'm sure we will get everything they promised, including early entry. That and the transportation to Iroquois were the things that made me do the package again.
"Where's Jim going?"

MMJTX

Anytime

ranyart

Nice article thanks for sharing CC!  We're getting stoked for our shows for sure, and it's super fun that Patrick's daughter is part of this weekend's activities too.  :thumbsup:

dcfire

1. ranyart + Mrs.
2. rkwedge
3. Dream_Walkin' + Mrs.
4. Mr. White
5. Emotion Detector + 1
6. easy way + Mrs. easy way (aka: Windeon)
7. walterfredo & Mrs. (first time to Louisville)
8. LBSUNFLWR + 1 ^^Nice!!
9. SciFidelity + 3
10. robb
11. Clarkwork and Mrs
12. Midwestern
13. ericm
14. unravelled (aka mmjcobra) +1
15. Pineapple + 5
16. cgreen + 19 (we have a huge crew going and probably be closer to 30 for the Waterfront)
17. YimYodd & the Troygenator
18. slappymoe
19. MyYinzerJacket + Mrs MYJ
20. dcfire

slappymoe

Quote from: slappymoe on Jun 15, 2022, 07:24 PMweather underground forecast:

thursday 98
friday  97
saturday 97

yikes. that's just a shame.  hope they're wrong.  like, 10 degrees wrong.
current forecast:

thursday  88
friday  88
saturday  93

much better :thumbsup:

LBSUNFLWR

I would love a Rollin Back opener on Friday night.  :cheesy:

rkwedge

It's the art of feelin' naked in your clothes

ericm

Quote from: rkwedge on Jun 22, 2022, 11:14 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jun 22, 2022, 10:12 PMI would love a Rollin Back opener on Friday night.  :cheesy:
I second this  :thumbsup:

I wanted an OBH but since there won't be any repeats these two shows, I'm sure there's little chance of that one, as I'd imagine it'll be saved for Saturday night.

I'll take a Rollin Back instead.  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

Dream_Walkin'

slappymoe

Quote from: Dream_Walkin' on Jun 23, 2022, 01:15 PMThe shows have been canceled  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
un fucking believable.

lindsey buckingham
strand of oaks
mmj x 2

4 shows in 2 months all lost to the vid. :angry:

LBSUNFLWR

So upset.

I feel bad for those who traveled to be here.

Try to make the most of your weekend.

See if you can get into a great restaurant, do a bourbon tour, see the waterfront anyway.

HIGH on SOUND

This hurts my soul. Was so ready for these two shows. The Iroquois show especially felt like it was going to be extra special.  :cry: