Okay, guys, we want a release date!

Started by O, May 15, 2003, 04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

I'm ready when you are

lfish

yes indeed,

That would be very nice. But not only the release date for the US but also for Europe.

Lfish
lfish

RyanCorpse

I talked to theguys in toronto and they said they're done recording and the album work is being designed. They said the record will be out in Aug.

hipkink

Maybe they would accept sexual favors for a copy now? :-* I would do almost anything... hmmmm... But I don't think I'm their type. :'( Too bad - they're the kind of guys that will make another guy doubt his sexuality, aren't they? Or is that just me?
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

lfish

Hmmm....

From my point, I think it's just you. My love for them lies in the music not in james "sexy" hair or body of in his pouring sweat that sweeps in my face when he's on stage. But hey, I respect your choice  ::)  We live in a free world, arent'we????

Lfish
lfish

Oz

Yeah, they´re sexy as hell. Don´t we all get turned on by Jim´s beard, even though we won´t admit it?  ;D
I'm ready when you are

Oz

I'm listening to live-versions of the new songs at the moment and I've got the feeling that if songs like "Rollin'Back", "Mahgeeta" and "Dance floors" are what the new album's gonna be like, I've got the feeling that it will be a very light, positive record. The weird thing is, I wasn't entirely happy with that discovery. I mean, I always liked the sadness in their songs, the shredding heaviness in stuff like "I will be there", "Strangulation", "If all else fails", you name 'em. The new songs are pretty groovy and nice, but not heartbreaking. Then again, "Steam engine" is (god, I love that song), so maybe I'm just talking bullshit here. Oh, hell, I just wanna hear that album so bad, I'm already having opinions about it. So, just ignore this babbling and let's all keep waiting impatiently.  :)
I'm ready when you are

danilove

Well, I have a feelin' it's gonna be worth the wait...So hang in there dude!  :-*
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

peanut butter puddin surprise

Hey Dani-
How goes it your way up north?  any trips to da Ville this summer?  I've got a feeling it's gonna be a HOT one down this way...

And we're all waiting in anticipation for the new record...kinda like the feeling you get when you're waiting to hear good news...you know it's good news, but you're anxious.   8)
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

danilove

John, john, john...
Of course I'm gonna make it to the Ville this summer!!! (What a silly question!) Don't know when yet - but rest assured that I will...I've gotta iron out some of my bullshit up here first...Until then, take care... :-*
biggafunkychunkycookiescaryhairywookiemonkey

ryan

Jim said August 21st on Morning Becomes Eclectic, I don't know why it hasn't been posted on the home page if they have a definite release date.

Mike B

QuoteJim said August 21st on Morning Becomes Eclectic, I don't know why it hasn't been posted on the home page if they have a definite release date.

August 21st is a Thursday. I talked to Tom in Boulder he said August 19th which is a Tuesday. And we all know CD's come out on Tuesday (here in the US).

MIKE B

ryan

and by august 21st, i of course meant august 19th, the 21st is a big day in my life for another reason so i accidentally wrote that, jim said the 19th in the interview.

hipkink

I think the record's not coming out until September 9th now. UGH! I guess I can wait though. I think I can, I think I can....
You came around when I needed you, now I'm up to my neck in you.

Oz

I was hoping it was gonna be a My Morning Jacket Summer this year. Looks like it's gonna be autumn. Well, I guess I'll have yet another R.E.M. Summer. It's funny, but every summer I buy one or two R.E.M. albums and I'm totally into that band all summer. So this year, I'll be totally freaked on R.E.M. in the summer, and then I can put my MMJ-posters on the wall again. Ah, lovely months are coming!  :)
I'm ready when you are

michael stripe

was talking to someone at Bowery Ballroom for Jim's solo set the other night... thy said original release date was August 2003... but it's been pushed back to September 2003... but you didn't hear it from me...

kinda give me the old September blues

peanut butter puddin surprise

Looks like we have a release date!

Damn, I'm gonna have to hook up my turntable now!
Runnin' from somethin' that isn't there

Oz

Yeah, I don´t really have a proper LP-player anymore... Damn! Guess I´m just gonna get one, ain´t I?  :)
I'm ready when you are

lfish

Haai,

As it seems, the third mmj album is released the 9th of september. But I assume that's the american release date.  Do you have any idea which will be the european release date?  
lfish