Rescheduled Louisville Shows

Started by BlueIndian, Aug 03, 2022, 12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueIndian

Anybody heard anything about if the Louisville shows are going to be rescheduled?

rincon2

Rumors on Facebook. One a few days ago "confirming" shows at KC Yum Center by what I think was a troll. Then yesterday a post that looked like it was an "official" MMJ account, but not the same one that is clearly legit, implying a multi night Halloween run. Both posts lasted less than a day. I do not want to push these theories, I just want people who do see them to take them with a grain of salt, until it is announced on more than Facebook.

ranyart

Too bad Halloween is on a Monday...

I guess the good thing about Yum Center is there will be plenty of tickets available and it's in a good downtown location for a multi night run.  I checked the current list of scheduled events there and that block is open at the moment, but of course U of L basketball plays there both guys and gals so that could be trouble.  Louisville Palace is still open too but I'm sure that's a long shot (unfortunately).

MyYinzerJacket

Per their Instagram:

OCTOBER 29 • KFC YUM! CENTER
HALLOWEEN COSTUME BALL
Louisville - we are coming back for a special Halloween show on October 29th at the KFC Yum! Center!
If you originally purchased tickets through Ticketmaster to our cancelled shows in June, please check your Inbox and/or Promo Inbox for an email from Production Simple containing details on a first access presale starting
Wednesday, August 10th at 10am ET. This email may come in throughout the day today, so please be patient while waiting for its arrival.
Came for the reverb, stayed for the jams

Cameron

Tempting. I have tickets to finally see Elton the same night though...

ranyart

This is not the news we were hoping for but at least it's something...  :beer:

LBSUNFLWR

Not what I was hoping for either but will be there.

slappymoe

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 09, 2022, 10:16 AMTempting. I have tickets to finally see Elton the same night though...
certainly a downgrade from the original plan, but I guess we'll take what we can get.

I saw Elton for the first time before Covid hit, it was pretty damn good. Just gotta remember he's an old man and adjust vocal expectations. You saw sir Paul recently, right? I know his voice isn't what it used to be, but the experience itself is worth every penny.  :thumbsup:

walterfredo

can't say I'm in any way excited about this one. A single night at an arena and not even on Halloween night? Sadly that's an easy pass for us. And I was so fired up to see them in Louisville for the first time, but this is not the way it's going to happen. I really hope they reschedule the actual Iroquois>waterfront combo in the future. But considering the frequency in which they play in Louisville, not counting on that any times soon. I'm sure this will be fun, but can't justify all the travel and expenses for one night in an arena.

slappymoe

Quote from: walterfredo on Aug 09, 2022, 11:34 AMcan't say I'm in any way excited about this one. A single night at an arena and not even on Halloween night? Sadly that's an easy pass for us. And I was so fired up to see them in Louisville for the first time, but this is not the way it's going to happen. I really hope they reschedule the actual Iroquois>waterfront combo in the future. But considering the frequency in which they play in Louisville, not counting on that any times soon. I'm sure this will be fun, but can't justify all the travel and expenses for one night in an arena.
I feel your pain. Probably not worth the travel and expenses.

thevillewrx

Ugh, what were the guys thinking?

Oct 29 is a black out game vs Wake Forest...

And the Yum is arguably Louisville's worst indoor venue.

slappymoe

any word on ticket prices?  i can't find anything.

all GA, or reserved seats with GA floor?

Cameron

Quote from: slappymoe on Aug 09, 2022, 11:33 AM
Quote from: Cameron on Aug 09, 2022, 10:16 AMTempting. I have tickets to finally see Elton the same night though...
certainly a downgrade from the original plan, but I guess we'll take what we can get.

I saw Elton for the first time before Covid hit, it was pretty damn good. Just gotta remember he's an old man and adjust vocal expectations. You saw sir Paul recently, right? I know his voice isn't what it used to be, but the experience itself is worth every penny.  :thumbsup:

Yeah, I saw Paul in May. It was the 7th time in 20 years for me and still amazing. Looking forward to Elton and I'm seeing Bruce for the first time in February. Gilmour is really all that's left on my concert bucket list.

slappymoe

Quote from: Cameron on Aug 09, 2022, 03:08 PMYeah, I saw Paul in May. It was the 7th time in 20 years for me
got me by 1! 6 times in 13 years. :beer:

ranyart

Quote from: slappymoe on Aug 09, 2022, 02:56 PMany word on ticket prices?  i can't find anything.

all GA, or reserved seats with GA floor?

Looks like the floor is GA and the rest is reserved.  VIP is going for $239+fees so I'm guessing tickets will be about $100 each.

Thanks for the heads up on the football game thevillewrx.  I went ahead and booked a hotel room...

YimYodd

Quote from: MyYinzerJacket on Aug 09, 2022, 10:14 AMPer their Instagram:

HALLOWEEN COSTUME BALL
Louisville - we are coming back for a special Halloween show on October 29th at the KFC Yum! Center!
If you originally purchased tickets through Ticketmaster to our cancelled shows in June, please check your Inbox and/or Promo Inbox for an email from Production Simple containing details on a first access presale starting
Wednesday, August 10th at 10am ET. This email may come in throughout the day today, so please be patient while waiting for its arrival.

Has anyone gotten this email?
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

trav

Quote from: YimYodd on Aug 09, 2022, 09:23 PM

HALLOWEEN COSTUME BALL

I know lots of people on the Facebook fan club page have but I still haven't. I bought the canceled shows during the presale last time and that was chaos. Here I am again with no code. 🤦🏻�♂️

walterfredo

Quote from: trav on Aug 09, 2022, 09:58 PM
Quote from: YimYodd on Aug 09, 2022, 09:23 PM

HALLOWEEN COSTUME BALL

I know lots of people on the Facebook fan club page have but I still haven't. I bought the canceled shows during the presale last time and that was chaos. Here I am again with no code. 🤦🏻�♂️

messaging you now

LBSUNFLWR

Got two decent seats. Not a fan of arena shows but I'm glad we got first dibs on seats.

Mr. White

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Aug 10, 2022, 10:17 AMGot two decent seats. Not a fan of arena shows but I'm glad we got first dibs on seats.

Yeah, I got 4 seats in the front row of the section that's almost a straight shot of the stage but slightly to the right as you face the stage. I'm very pleased that they were relatively cheap ($55 before fees, $85.75 after fees, plus - I got insurance for all 4 tickets, so add a little more than $8 to the total for each ticket). I now see that there are very expensive Hometown VIP Experience tickets for sale ($239), and I'm glad I'm not doing that this time. I've spent way, way too much money on tickets lately, and I need to be happy with what I've got. I hope this show really does happen and that everyone has a wonderful time!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011