Roll Call - KFC Yum! Center - 10/29/2022 - Louisville

Started by Mr. White, Aug 09, 2022, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jttouch2

1. Mr. White + 3
2. ranyart + Mrs. + 4
3. YimYodd + 1
4. SciFidelity + 1
5. Pineapple + 5
6. rab7607 + mrs. rab
7. LBSUNFLWR + 1
8. slappymoe + 5
9. robb
10. DaydreamNation
11. ericm
12. jttouch2 + 2

DaydreamNation

I'm so excited for this show, will be my first time seeing Jacket back home in KY since 2016. Still bummed for everyone who got all geared up for the Iroquois/Waterfront shows only to have the rug pulled out from under them...but since my daughter was born two days before those shows woulda happened I was never gonna get to go anyway haha. So great outcome for me at least...
11/2/21 • 7/7/17 • 6/22/17 • 11/25/16 (JJ) • 10/27/16 • 5/13/16 • 5/12/16

LBSUNFLWR

Congratulations 🎈

I'm still excited for the show but impossible to compare seeing them outside at Iroquois and outside on the Waterfront to inside an arena.

I've never seen them at The Yum Center so I guess I can add that to my list of venues in town but the situation isn't as exciting, for me anyway.

ericm

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Aug 28, 2022, 11:45 AMCongratulations 🎈

I'm still excited for the show but impossible to compare seeing them outside at Iroquois and outside on the Waterfront to inside an arena.

I've never seen them at The Yum Center so I guess I can add that to my list of venues in town but the situation isn't as exciting, for me anyway.


Right there with ya.

I have seen them at the YUM and Forecastle and they were both great shows but I was so into seeing them at Iroquois but it wasn't to be this time around.

I loved my visits to L'Ville and will come back any chance I get so I'll be there at the YUM again in October. It's a really nice venue and while not close to as intimate as Iroquois, I'm looking forward to what the guys will have in store for us set list wise to take some of the sting away from the cancelled shows.

I'm not expecting a twofer but knowing these guys, there's bound to be something special in store for this show.
"Where's Jim going?"

Jenny

Quote from: jttouch2 on Aug 23, 2022, 09:23 AM1. Mr. White + 3
2. ranyart + Mrs. + 4
3. YimYodd + 1
4. SciFidelity + 1
5. Pineapple + 5
6. rab7607 + mrs. rab
7. LBSUNFLWR + 1
8. slappymoe + 5
9. robb
10. DaydreamNation
11. ericm
12. jttouch2 + 2
13. Not unlucky Jenny +1

RoamR90

After seeing that a visit to the Stony Pony happened, is there a club in Louisville that could host of post Halloween MMJ show. I know it's a very small chance since I'm hoping for a 3hr (or more!) show, but figured I'd want to prepared. Can't risk not seeing Jim and company do something special if they seek out another set somewhere else. I'm not a Louisville local so any direction would be helpful.

Or any bar/club to go after the show at the Yum center with my group?


Pineapple

Quote from: RoamR90 on Oct 02, 2022, 06:06 PMAfter seeing that a visit to the Stony Pony happened, is there a club in Louisville that could host of post Halloween MMJ show. I know it's a very small chance since I'm hoping for a 3hr (or more!) show, but figured I'd want to prepared. Can't risk not seeing Jim and company do something special if they seek out another set somewhere else. I'm not a Louisville local so any direction would be helpful.

Or any bar/club to go after the show at the Yum center with my group?



I feel like any indoor venue in Louisville would quickly get overcrowded if they did anything like that in their hometown.

That being said, if it did happen, my money would be on the High Horse or Zanzabar to host it. But I wouldn't put my money on it.

I think it's safe to expect a 3 hour show at the Yim Center that leaves everyone too facemelted for any post-show secret set.
If you don't know yourself, how could you ever know me?

walterfredo

I can't imagine them doing anything of the like in Louisville, it would take away from their real show, exclude too many fans, etc. Sea Hear Now is a completely different scenario.

ericm

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 04, 2022, 05:34 PMI can't imagine them doing anything of the like in Louisville, it would take away from their real show, exclude too many fans, etc. Sea Hear Now is a completely different scenario.

I agree about the Pony one off being a completely different thing and I know it's been a dozen years but they did do an announced night cap show on the Belle of Louisville after their Forecastle set in 12. Couldn't have been more than 100 people there and to me it didn't take anything away from their headlining show.

I do think if anything, it's probably more likely they pop in somewhere Friday night than after the Saturday night YUM show though.
"Where's Jim going?"

ranyart

I agree walterfredo.  MMJ had a very short set at SHN and clearly had some more energy to burn off.  My hope is they do something on WFPK to get everyone's juices flowing prior to the show.