Roll Call - KFC Yum! Center - 10/29/2022 - Louisville

Started by Mr. White, Aug 09, 2022, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomSNY

After a fantastic show on Saturday, we went to the Frazer History Museum on Sunday, they had a 30 minute video called "Kentucky Show" and in the section they called Voices- about musical artists from Kentucky- MMJ was the last group they showed- nothing more to add after that!!
I'm in love with this soul.

APR

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Oct 30, 2022, 11:07 AMThe performance was incredible. Unquestionably the energy and love was on full display. Even the sound in the Yum center was excellent compared to other experiences I've had there. I intentionally chose seats straight back, front row of the 200 level hoping it would sound best there.

But I too felt like I was missing some heavy hitters I was hoping for: Dondante, Master Plan, PWW, War Begun

Plus the song I've been chasing and wish for every show: Rollin Back

Opening with OBH was an awesome surprise. The Halloween feeling and covers definitely added to the experience, and the heart shaped confetti was fun.

I had a very great night but would have designed the setlist just a little differently with a sprinkle of some of my favorite songs. 

Great write up.  I feel this way after some MMJ shows when they crush it without playing some of my personal favorites (some of which you listed above). 

I feel you on Rollin' Back.  I thought I'd never hear live but after many years and 50+ shows was super happily surprised when they played it in Chicago last year.  So there's still a chance.  You'll just have to go to more shows.

LBSUNFLWR

donteatthatbook

Just a note of thanks to Mr. white for the recording post - it's been awesome to get to listen to it and relive the show a bit this week!!

cgreen2599

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 30, 2022, 10:57 PMThere was definitely a Taper in the audience last night. Even in my videos when I am not zoomed in on the stage and showing the Soundboard, you can see their mics sticking up pretty much dead center in front of the Soundboard area a few yards away from it. I just checked Internet Archives, and it (and any other Taper Audio that may have been recorded by others in the building) hasn't been uploaded yet. So, until then, I've uploaded my Taper Audio from my Tascam DR-05 Audio Recorder as one long song ... again, like I did for the St. Louis show and for the Knoxville show. I will eventually split this one up to upload myself, but I'm sure the other Taper's Audio will be much better than mine. I have it on MEGA, and below, you can find the link for it. Enjoy! And let me know if there are any problems with it. My computer has been acting up a lot lately, so I haven't been able to properly monitor it using the MEGA playback without issues. The file itself should work well after you download it ... I think. 

It's 1.80 GB

My Morning Jacket Live at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky on Saturday, October 29, 2022.

I was on the first row of seats overlooking the Floor in the center section directly opposite the stage but to the right a bit as you face the stage. I did adjust the recording volume level a few times, but not a whole lot.

https://mega.nz/file/MtwnQaAT#qotut5qGC2O78QdwI3kU-M1UiUQBUrDn-xbD4FzZA_w

Thanks for recording and sharing! It sounds great

Mr. White

Quote from: cgreen2599 on Nov 04, 2022, 11:57 AM
Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 30, 2022, 10:57 PMThere was definitely a Taper in the audience last night. Even in my videos when I am not zoomed in on the stage and showing the Soundboard, you can see their mics sticking up pretty much dead center in front of the Soundboard area a few yards away from it. I just checked Internet Archives, and it (and any other Taper Audio that may have been recorded by others in the building) hasn't been uploaded yet. So, until then, I've uploaded my Taper Audio from my Tascam DR-05 Audio Recorder as one long song ... again, like I did for the St. Louis show and for the Knoxville show. I will eventually split this one up to upload myself, but I'm sure the other Taper's Audio will be much better than mine. I have it on MEGA, and below, you can find the link for it. Enjoy! And let me know if there are any problems with it. My computer has been acting up a lot lately, so I haven't been able to properly monitor it using the MEGA playback without issues. The file itself should work well after you download it ... I think. 

It's 1.80 GB

My Morning Jacket Live at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Kentucky on Saturday, October 29, 2022.

I was on the first row of seats overlooking the Floor in the center section directly opposite the stage but to the right a bit as you face the stage. I did adjust the recording volume level a few times, but not a whole lot.

https://mega.nz/file/MtwnQaAT#qotut5qGC2O78QdwI3kU-M1UiUQBUrDn-xbD4FzZA_w

Thanks for recording and sharing! It sounds great

I just sent you a PM here about possibly uploading this show and the Knoxville one.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

corneliuslearns

hey gang!
first show in a couple of years and I was nervous but the boys came out swinging. Thought we might get a wall to wall dance party set until they dropped Spooky. (Realized just today that I saw Friends Again at T5 but that's been stuck in my head since the show).

QUESTION: I forgot to snag a poster. Anybody know if there are any extras floating around the universe somewhere? Sold out on the website. Any ideas? I am local to Louisville if that helps.

ericm

Quote from: corneliuslearns on Nov 07, 2022, 05:15 PMhey gang!
first show in a couple of years and I was nervous but the boys came out swinging. Thought we might get a wall to wall dance party set until they dropped Spooky. (Realized just today that I saw Friends Again at T5 but that's been stuck in my head since the show).

QUESTION: I forgot to snag a poster. Anybody know if there are any extras floating around the universe somewhere? Sold out on the website. Any ideas? I am local to Louisville if that helps.

Here ya go.
https://clintonreno.com

They were still available on his site when I posted so hopefully they'll still be there when you check back.
"Where's Jim going?"

corneliuslearns

Quote from: ericm on Nov 07, 2022, 06:02 PM

Here ya go.

They were still available on his site when I posted so hopefully they'll still be there when you check back.

Right on!

ericm

Quote from: corneliuslearns on Nov 08, 2022, 02:57 PM
Quote from: ericm on Nov 07, 2022, 06:02 PM

Here ya go.

Right on!

Glad there were still some available.

"Where's Jim going?"